• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pastor berates congregation over luxury watch he didn't get.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Missouri pastor says congregation is 'poor, broke, busted' for not buying him a luxury Movado watch

He apologized later but what he said....

In a video clip of his sermon posted on TikTok, Funderburke berates his church members for not "honoring" him with a Movado watch.

"This is how I know you’re still poor, broke, busted and disgusted, because of how you been honoring me. I’m not worth your McDonald’s money? I’m not worth your Red Lobster money? I ain’t worth your St. John Knits — y’all can’t afford nohow. I ain’t worth y'all Louis Vuitton? I ain’t worth your Prada? I’m not worth your Gucci?" he said in the nearly minutelong clip.

Erebus

It's just like Jesus said at the last supper:

"I tell you, one of you will betray me... and it's you, Judas! Thirty pieces of silver and you didn't bother to get me a new sundial? What the hell man!"

Twilight Hue

It's a systematic issue I have with the ongoing trend of prosperity gospel, not to mention just how incredibly and unbelievably dense people are by how they never ever see past the clear scam prosperity gospel actually is.

Obviously this pastor had wet dreams of luxury and wealth garnered by the building of megachurchs and the unceasing flow of money that goes through them as a goal and end to a means for him personally.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Taking things out of context is very much a problem in modern day media. But I'd just LOVE for him to explain what the heck the context for this was...
Wackadoo!

(Sorry, been watching too much Bluey...)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Missouri pastor says congregation is 'poor, broke, busted' for not buying him a luxury Movado watch

In a video clip of his sermon posted on TikTok, Funderburke berates his church members for not "honoring" him with a Movado watch.

"This is how I know you’re still poor, broke, busted and disgusted, because of how you been honoring me. I’m not worth your McDonald’s money? I’m not worth your Red Lobster money? I ain’t worth your St. John Knits — y’all can’t afford nohow. I ain’t worth y'all Louis Vuitton? I ain’t worth your Prada? I’m not worth your Gucci?" he said in the nearly minutelong clip.

Well, maybe he's not worth all that much. Religion, like show biz, has a few success stories and a lot of broken hearts. Not everyone is cut out to be a Robert Tilton. He had it down to an art form.

DeadSpryAlbino-size_restricted.gif

Twilight Hue

Well, maybe he's not worth all that much. Religion, like show biz, has a few success stories and a lot of broken hearts. Not everyone is cut out to be a Robert Tilton. He had it down to an art form.

DeadSpryAlbino-size_restricted.gif
You won't believe how enamored I was over Tiltons pitches when I was a Christian.

I thought he was better than Roast beef and horseradish.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's a systematic issue I have with the ongoing trend of prosperity gospel, not to mention just how incredibly and unbelievably dense people are by how they never ever see past the clear scam prosperity gospel actually is.

Obviously this pastor had wet dreams of luxury and wealth garnered by the building of megachurchs and the unceasing flow of money that goes through them as a goal and end to a means for him personally.
I think it's simpler and is defined by one word: greed.

Twilight Hue

Video of his apology. ....

It comes across to me anyways, as being more about damage control over the fallout than actual genuine sincerity and remorse.

What do you think?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You won't believe how enamored I was over Tiltons pitches when I was a Christian.

I thought he was better than Roast beef and horseradish.

That guy was a real trip to watch. It didn't surprise me when he was finally exposed as the charlatan he was. My grandparents and many of my relatives were quite devout, but they seemed to frown on the idea of watching church on TV. They didn't say it in so many words, but they felt that people should go to church in person, not watch it on TV.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

How do poor, broke people afford Prada and Gucci?:confused:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think it's simpler and is defined by one word: greed.
Specifying this as prosperity Gospel is more needed as this isn't just mere greed but highly predatory, exploitative and abuselive (mentally and spiritually). It's a scam, a lie, an anti-Christian belief and it does widespread and real harm to people.