• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pastor and stripper working together

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
A good intention never justifies an evil act. More commonly stated: the ends do not justify the means.

1756 It is therefore an error to judge the morality of human acts by considering only the intention that inspires them or the circumstances (environment, social pressure, duress or emergency, etc.) which supply their context. There are acts which, in and of themselves, independently of circumstances and intentions, are always gravely illicit by reason of their object; such as blasphemy and perjury, murder and adultery. One may not do evil so that good may result from it.
Catechism of the Catholic Church - The morality of human acts

It is no more permissible to fornicate for charity than it is to rob someone for the same end. Evil is evil.

So you're really comparing something as benign as nudity to robbery, something that actually victimizes and violates the rights of innocent people? Your willful ignorance and that you would deprive children food, clothing, shelter, care, for the sake of some worthless superstition is far more "evil" than stripping is. Shame on you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sometimes one must deal with lower elements in society
when serving the greater good. Kudos to the stripper for this.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
The pastor has some universalist category confusion
“Because at the end of the day, we are all saints and we are all sinners, and the children of Mississippi are our children too,” Ericksen added.

We? Those in Christ are at the same time saints and sinners but the pastor ambiguously left it to the hearers who he meant who would likely applied it to the world. Saints has to do with those made holy by Christ not everyone.

Those is Christ are adopted by God in a strong sense. Those in Adam of children of God in a weaker sense. God is father to all believers and benevolent to all men.

I think he's sincere but his message is well meaning but obscures the gospel a bit. It's possible he would agree with me on the above issues but his statements lacked clarity. If the stripper repented and followed Christ perhaps it would add more clarity to his message? God loves you as you are but too much to leave you as you are?
Jesus didn't eat with tax collectors and sinners on the condition that they repent. Neither should we.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
At the end of the day some kids get fed that would probably otherwise go hungry.

And It could be a scam, we shall see in the coming months.
That would be my concern. Just how much of that dollar would go to the actual cause and not "ahem" towards administrative and miscellaneous 'expenses'.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
So you're really comparing something as benign as nudity to robbery, something that actually victimizes and violates the rights of innocent people? Your willful ignorance and that you would deprive children food, clothing, shelter, care, for the sake of some worthless superstition is far more "evil" than stripping is. Shame on you.
No, I am pointing out a principle. By the same principle that it is wrong to steal from others it is also wrong to peddle sinful activities. Good causes do not validate bad means.

The issue between us isn't principle. You've already granted the principle. You just don't think it applies to this particular activity. I do, as the New Testament is clear about what the final consequences of sexual sin are. Meaningless, emotionally driven accusations of wilful ignorance or evil superstition aside, I wouldn't have become a Christian if I cared about what the world liked or wanted to hear.

If the world really cared about the plight of such children, then by all means address that plight. You don't have to sin to help people, it's a false dichotomy.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, I am pointing out a principle. By the same principle that it is wrong to steal from others it is also wrong to peddle sinful activities. Good causes do not validate bad means.

The issue between us isn't principle. You've already granted the principle. You just don't think it applies to this particular activity. I do, as the New Testament is clear about what the final consequences of sexual sin are. Meaningless, emotionally driven accusations of wilful ignorance or evil superstition aside, I wouldn't have become a Christian if I cared about what the world liked or wanted to hear.

Why give the Bible any credence? You can use it to guide your leaf but it is wrong to try to apply it to the lives of others.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Why give the Bible any credence? You can use it to guide your leaf but it is wrong to try to apply it to the lives of others.
The issue is not the notion of strippers doing something for charity. The world will be the world. The issue is that I'm supposed to applaud a Christian pastor for holding sinful events supposedly justified by a charitable end. It is indicative of the muddled relativistic thinking that has infected even Christian circles.

That Christ called sinners is true, but half the story. He called sinners to repent and reform their lives, not discuss how their sins could be put to charitable uses. Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, give drink to the thirsty... Christians ought to do all of that. And they can do it without destroying souls though cooperation with mortal sin.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The issue is not the notion of strippers doing something for charity. The world will be the world. The issue is that I'm supposed to applaud a Christian pastor for holding sinful events supposedly justified by a charitable end. It is indicative of the muddled relativistic thinking that has infected even Christian circles.

That Christ called sinners is true, but half the story. He called sinners to repent and reform their lives, not discuss how their sins could be put to charitable uses. Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, give drink to the thirsty... Christians ought to do all of that. And they can do it without destroying souls though cooperation with mortal sin.
No, you can just ignore what the Christian pastor did if it offends you. Don't join his church. As for Christianity, anyone that studies it seriously can see that it is a religion where people largely choose what parts to believe and follow and what parts not to. They will have some rationalization for their actions but they do not tend to hold up.

EDIT: And why dodge the question on why should we give the Bible any credence? Do you realize that it does not stand up to reason?

Last edited: