• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Passing through a difficult time

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Our families are passing through a difficult time. My brother-in-law has a damaged liver (liquor), he needed a liver transplant. There was no other otion to save his life. His younger brother, who is my son-in-law, has given some 60% of his liver to his elder brother. The operation was conducted today, 8 hours for my son-in-law and 12 hour for my brother-in-law and seems to be successful. Let us hope that they recover soon. The operation and the loss of earnings for my son-in-law will be large, but we will manage it. I admire my son-in-laws courage and loyalty to his elder brother, I can say a real Rama \ Lakshman story.

Laika

Premium Member
Our families are passing through a difficult time. My brother-in-law has a damaged liver (liquor), he needed a liver transplant. There was no other otion to save his life. His younger brother, who is my son-in-law, has given some 60% of his liver to his elder brother. The operation was conducted today, 8 hours for my son-in-law and 12 hour for my brother-in-law and seems to be successful. Let us hope that they recover soon. The operation and the loss of earnings for my son-in-law will be large, but we will manage it. I admire my son-in-laws courage and loyalty to his elder brother, I can say a real Rama \ Lakshman story.

Best of luck you to all. That does sound like a lot to handle. Feel free to keep us updated and let us know how the recovery goes. Big Hug!

:hugehug:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Best of luck to your family in this difficult time. We will be thinking of you and your family.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
All the best to your family, and hopes for speedy recoveries and continued good health.

shmogie

I just read an article today that detailed an American high school principal who donated bone marrow to a boy in France. The Principal died as a result of the procedure.

All who decide to make these kinds of gifts, and go through the surgery to do so are of the highest moral character and are expressing ultimate love for another. God bless the donor and receiver in your family. You have every right to your admiration.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Hoping for a speedy recovery. And that your brother in law respects hix brothers sacrifice and stays of the alcohol.
As they say here in france bon courage.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
th

Terry Sampson

60% of a liver donated? I didn't know a person can donate that much. I'm amazed and impressed by the donor's gift. Righteousness, IMO.
May both donor and donee recover fully and speedily.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

I wish you all shalom and a healing of body and spirit.

If I may be permitted a quick question: how is the younger brother of you brother-in-law your son-in-law?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Thanks to all of you for your good wishes.
Hoping for a speedy recovery. And that your brother in law respects his brothers sacrifice and stays of the alcohol. As they say here in France bon courage.
They both were heavy drinkers. Drums, pour down as much alcohol as you want. Somehow, my son-in-law escaped the damage, that is why he was able to donate more than half his liver. That phase of their lives is now definitely over.
If I may be permitted a quick question: how is the younger brother of you brother-in-law your son-in-law?
Too early to say. My brother-in-law has more problems, diabetes and kidney, I do not know the severity. At the moment, we are informed that the operation was successful. Let us see.
Latest His kidneys have stood the challenge.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, my brother-in-law did not survive, died yesterday. My son-in-law, i.e., his brother, is still in ICU. But no problem with his recovery till now.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No, my brother-in-law did not survive, died yesterday. My son-in-law, i.e., his brother, is still in ICU. But no problem with his recovery till now.

My condolences.

And a speedy recovery for your son in law

shmogie

No, my brother-in-law did not survive, died yesterday. My son-in-law, i.e., his brother, is still in ICU. But no problem with his recovery till now.[/QUOT
The circle always closes for each of us, some sooner some later.

I know there is much pain for you and your family. My prayer is that God will give peace to each of you.