• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Passing around some rugelach

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello, everyone! I'm Rachel, I'm Jewish, and I'll try to stay sweet like rugelach (a Jewish dessert, for those unfamiliar). Just please don't bite into me! :)

I guess I'm pretty religious as I religiously (!) attend Shabbos services at my synagogue every Friday evening.

I think of myself as being tolerant and welcoming of people who are different from me. But if I should inadvertently post anything hurtful to anyone here, please let me know. Life is all about continual learning.

I hope this is okay for my first post. I feel weird talking about myself, but I'm sure you'll find out more about me with my posts.

Cheers!

-- Rachel Rugelach

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello, everyone! I'm Rachel, I'm Jewish, and I'll try to stay sweet like rugelach (a Jewish dessert, for those unfamiliar). Just please don't bite into me! :)

I guess I'm pretty religious as I religiously (!) attend Shabbos services at my synagogue every Friday evening.

I think of myself as being tolerant and welcoming of people who are different from me. But if I should inadvertently post anything hurtful to anyone here, please let me know. Life is all about continual learning.

I hope this is okay for my first post. I feel weird talking about myself, but I'm sure you'll find out more about me with my posts.

Cheers!

-- Rachel Rugelach

Great to meet you, Rachel!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Welcome to the forum, many many years ago my mother made some rugelach, she was not Jewish, just a very good baker that liked to try new things. Sweet and chewy is about all that I remember of it. Don't worry, we don't bite. Well not much anyway.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Hello, everyone!

Hello, Rachel, and welcome to RF.

iu

I'm Rachel, I'm Jewish, and I'll try to stay sweet like rugelach (a Jewish dessert, for those unfamiliar). Just please don't bite into me! :)

I'm not sure that we've all had our shots, but there is no need to worry because we are all perfectly normal around here.

iu

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Cheers!

-- Rachel Rugelach
Cheers and welcome.
I am an Ahmadiyya peaceful Muslim.
Regards

Wandering Monk

Cheers!

-- Rachel Rugelach

Oooh, rugelach. Love Green's

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks, everyone, for all the warm welcomes! Daemon Sophic, thanks for the chocolate rum balls! RabbiO, I'll be checking out the Jewish section. Sgt. Pepper, gotta love the Beatles! Subduction Zone, cheers on your mother's baking talents! Heyo, good to know that no one here bites! Snow White, I like all breeds. Just George, great to meet you, too! Paarsurrey, I don't know what Ahmadiyya is, but I do know that Muslims and Jews are both Semites so we're already cousins -- pleased to meet you, Cousin! The Hammer, this is one fine party! Wandering Monk, I've never tried Green's rugelach but if you love it then it must be good. Stevicus and dybmh, nice to meet you both!

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. This forum rocks!

-- Rachel

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Welcome, sit back, relax and enjoy the cake.

3291372281_d72ef5e24f_b.jpg

Wr are all pretty tame here (though there are moments soon forgotten).

Maybe @Revoltingest will be along when America wakes up with the keys to the staff canteen.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Thanks, everyone, for all the warm welcomes! Daemon Sophic, thanks for the chocolate rum balls! RabbiO, I'll be checking out the Jewish section. Sgt. Pepper, gotta love the Beatles! Subduction Zone, cheers on your mother's baking talents! Heyo, good to know that no one here bites! Snow White, I like all breeds. Just George, great to meet you, too! Paarsurrey, I don't know what Ahmadiyya is, but I do know that Muslims and Jews are both Semites so we're already cousins -- pleased to meet you, Cousin! The Hammer, this is one fine party! Wandering Monk, I've never tried Green's rugelach but if you love it then it must be good. Stevicus and dybmh, nice to meet you both!

Hope I didn't leave anyone out. This forum rocks!

-- Rachel
I had to look up rugelach. It seems to be an ancestor of the croissant: from Poland to Vienna and thence to France, or something. I have not come across them, but if I do I'll now know what they are. I expect one can get them in parts of North London. Learn something every day....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Cheers!

-- Rachel Rugelach
Greetings!

Join bring all your treats (if they have good ballistic qualities)
to our forum for sophisticated & civil discourse about the
issues of our age....
giphy.gif

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Catching up on the rest of you from last night (so many friendly people here!):

Thanks for the welcome, danieldemol. ChristineM, that chocolate cake of welcome looks so good -- thank you! exchemist, you now probably know more about the history of rugelach than I do! Revoltingest, the food fight made me laugh!

Shalom, Jayhawker Soule -- I tried to make out the Hebrew calligraphy in your avatar and I didn't realize at first that the shin was cut off on the right. I think I got shin-lamed-vav for the first three letters. Not sure if that's a veis at the end. How did I do? :)