• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Participation

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
After some deliberating, it's been decided to allow the Bnei Noach to post in the Judaism DIR. There's only one here at the minute but there have been others over the years along with some who are converting to Judaism.

That said, I'm still wary of posting here. Sure, in debates I can perhaps sometimes come off as a mouth-frothing bulldog defending Charedism but when it comes to DIR participation, answering questions posted in here &c., I do, in fact, take a step back. It feels like a certain kind of arrogance to speak on these matters as a Bat Noach with no kind of formal Jewish education whatsoever. So I'm still going to refrain from answering outsiders' questions unless they're particularly basic. Especially as I have no intention to convert, there are many aspects of Judaism that I think are irrelevant to me and never bothered with them, so to presume to speak on such matters would be farcical at best.

Thanks.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
After some deliberating, it's been decided to allow the Bnei Noach to post in the Judaism DIR. There's only one here at the minute but ...

You've decided to allow yourself to post? That demonstrates remarkable chutzpah.

What would be the most appropriate way for me to object to this, by raising it in Site Feedback or by "reporting" one of your posts?

Thanks.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You've decided to allow yourself to post? That demonstrates remarkable chutzpah.

What would be the most appropriate way for me to object to this, by raising it in Site Feedback or by "reporting" one of your posts?

Thanks.
It was a staff consensus as is every decision. It was in fact raised by a nonstaff member. I'd make a SF thread.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
After some deliberating, it's been decided to allow the Bnei Noach to post in the Judaism DIR. There's only one here at the minute but there have been others over the years along with some who are converting to Judaism.

That said, I'm still wary of posting here. Sure, in debates I can perhaps sometimes come off as a mouth-frothing bulldog defending Charedism but when it comes to DIR participation, answering questions posted in here &c., I do, in fact, take a step back. It feels like a certain kind of arrogance to speak on these matters as a Bat Noach with no kind of formal Jewish education whatsoever. So I'm still going to refrain from answering outsiders' questions unless they're particularly basic. Especially as I have no intention to convert, there are many aspects of Judaism that I think are irrelevant to me and never bothered with them, so to presume to speak on such matters would be farcical at best.

Thanks.
You are welcome to post here, Riv, in fact with a total of only 6 or 7 Jews here, you are a major faction !