• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part of the Book and a Chosen Race

SpentaMaynu

One God, All in all
HaSalaam A'laykum

I've got a lot of questions as I'm reading through the Holy Koran but I don't always get a change to come on the forum to ask them (keeping a notebook, so I'll get there). For now I have two questions. Please keep in mind that my copy of the Koran is in Afrikaans.

- First, in Sura 3:22 it say that some people received only part of the Book. Is this a specific reference to the Jews or to the Christians or to someone else?
- Second, apart from Suras my copy of the Koran is also divided into parts. Each of these parts also have titles. So the title of Sura 3 part 4 is 'The Last Members of a Chosen Race'. But when I read through the part I can't see anything about a race, so who is this Chosen Race or is it a reference to the Jews or Semitics maybe?

As you can see these questions are just for interest and because I would like to make sure that I understand correctly. Thank you in advance for any answers.