• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part 2

What do you think of the story?

• I’m a greedy, I don’t like the story, but I want 80% of the profits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m a stupid, and I really really liked the story because it was really really good.

• I’m a rationalizer. Please destroy the planet.

• I’m a Zippian, and I will pray for you

• The story was too long and my attention span is too short.

• Ummmmm, what is a lead standard?

• Total voters

Jeremiah Ames

Within a year or so the stupids start to get a feeling something might be wrong. A few of the lesser stupid of the stupids sense that the good jobs of the previous generation no longer exist and their standards of living are plummeting. The powers that be must come up with a peachy sound bite to cheer up the peoples. How about something catchy about no children getting left alone? Or in the dark? Or something like that? How could any decent person be anti child?

Unfortunately this isn’t quite working, and when a country is starting to doubt its leadership the leadership must pull out a magicians trick. Misdirection. Find something to attract the attention of the stupids. An enemy perhaps? Maybe even 3 enemies? Or 4? Call it a ‘bevy of evil’. That seems catchy. But the natives are still restless, and months of harping about all these supposed bad guys on some other planet isn’t working. What they need is another magic trick. The leadership stages an attack on its own people and blames the alleged bad guys. Perhaps blow up a large bridge during rush hour or something. I don’t know. I will give it some thought, and hopefully come up with a believable scenario. Well, once you’ve got the stupids behind you, now you can freely spend oodles of money you don’t have murdering 100s of 1000s (maybe millions) of innocent people on other planets. And what’s the real beauty of this con? The stupids will actually volunteer to be your mercenaries. It’s fiction, remember. And by this time, the stupids pretty much have adopted the Party from Hell as their own. Go figure.

Now, the greedies still want more, so they instruct their Horseman to talk to the masses about spending money on stuff. Just buy stuff. And buy lots of it. It doesn’t matter if you can’t afford it. Get a loan. The greedies own all the banks anyway, so it’s a win win again. Keep buying stuff. Cars and couches and color tvs. Maybe even houses. Big houses. I’m working on a scenario again, but it’s not clear in my head. There must be some way I can integrate the greedies desire to get more, along with the stupids desire to own stuff they can’t afford, along with a completely corrupt government run by a Horseman. There must be some kind of enormous con, but I just can’t figure it out right now.

Well, it’s time to insert one of those plot direction changes again. I think we should completely devastate the financial system of the entire planet. No, no, no. Not realistic you say? But it fits in with the greedies and their unending appetite to own everything. Still way too far out you say? Ok, forget it then.

Let’s just say a few big banks go bankrupt and the stock market falls 10 points or so. Yeah, that’s a pretty good disaster. Now this upsets the political order, and someone from The Other Party gets elected. That works for a plot change right? Oh, and maybe this new guy passes some laws which help people. Like, aid to poor, sick and elderly? Ouch. Weird concepts, I know. But to make it even weirder, this new guy is a white guy. Yeah, weird right. O wait, did I forget to mention that the majority of people on this planet are blue? Yeah, it’s true. The minority of whites have been slowly flying in from other planets for decades when no one was looking.

Scary, though, to think they would get a white guy elected to rule the place. Oh well, it’s fiction.

After a few years of throwing valuable cash at all these losers (you know, sick people and the like) , the greedies say ‘enough is enough’. So it’s time to introduce the 4th Horseman. I’m not sure how to usher in this new character. I want to make it somewhat bizarre.

1. He obviously has to run as a Party from Hell candidate. Check.
  2. He should get at least 38% of the vote. Check
(Note, it’s hard to manipulate an election to make it appear that a candidate won if he doesn’t receive at least 38% of the votes. Even the stupids might take notice)

(I know what you’re thinking. I was going to scratch the idea of winning an election without getting the majority of the votes, but I just couldn’t let it go)

3. He must be blue. Very blue. Check
4. He must be a celebrity of some sort. Check

I feel like putting another wrinkle in the story. Let’s say this guy can only get 37% of the votes on a good day. The Party from Hell needs to attract a few more voters. I’m thinking of going after the religious voters. (I felt like I need a religious angle since this is a religious forum).

I want to make this candidate absolutely the opposite of everything the religion believes in. (This is to build some tension in the story. I mean, it’s not going to be possible right?). So we gotta con the religious into voting for our guy. How to do this? Easy, just pander to their selfish desires. Religious people on this particular planet do have selfish desires, because most of them have no idea what their religion stands for. I know that makes no sense in our real world but it’s a fictional story, remember? And there is only one religion on this planet, call Zippianity. All other religions were banned 77000 years earlier.

Now they need an imaginary boogeyman to focus their hate. Pick a nearby planet (probably the one with the pink skinned people). Doesn’t matter which one though, because there really isn’t a boogeyman, but the stupids won’t figure it out. Then you promise a solution to the problem. Maybe build giant magnets in space that will attract their spaceships as they try to approach this planet? Yeah, that sounds good.

It all works out, and the 4th Horseman gets 38.1% of the votes. The greedies along with The Party from Hell do some magic and they manipulate the election to give the appearance that they won.

This is as far as I have gotten. I’m thinking of bringing the story to a close where this planet self destructs and the rest of the galaxy lives forever after in peace, harmony, and prosperity.?

But maybe that’s too simplistic.

So if anyone has some ideas how to conclude the story please let me know.

Thanks for reading.