• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parler Loses First Round

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Can anyone please explain to me how this is NOT the kick-off to a thousand years of tyranny in America!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Honestly, I don't know how to explain what sarcasm looks like other than to just point you to it.

DimwittedGloriousAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Aaah, that one is better.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
\sarc works for me.

Anyone who is unfamiliar with your paradigm will not know when you are being sarcastic.

Not my duty to hold everyone's hand, you know.
I think the absurdity of Parler losing in court kicking off a thousand years of tyranny speaks for itself.

EDIT: I'm sorry, reading over my comments, I realize I was being tone deaf to my own words and should clarify. I should have added that I myself now and then fail to pick up on someone's sarcasm, so I know how easily it can be done. Still, I think there's only so much that we can reasonably expect someone to do towards making it obvious it's sarcasm. And I think I'm doing enough when I am careful to make my statements outlandish, impossible, or genuinely absurd.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Not my duty to hold everyone's hand, you know.
I think the absurdity of Parler losing in court kicking off a thousand years of tyranny speaks for itself.

EDIT: I'm sorry, reading over my comments, I realize I was being tone deaf to my own words and should clarify. I should have added that I myself now and then fail to pick up on someone's sarcasm, so I know how easily it can be done. Still, I think there's only so much that we can reasonably expect someone to do towards making it obvious it's sarcasm. And I think I'm doing enough when I am careful to make my statements outlandish, impossible, or genuinely absurd.
You’d think so. But these days.
Better to hedge bets and put /s
just in case