• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents of adopted children

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Hello, Vanakkam everyone

So, well... It's kinda weird how life goes. I was still a teenager when I joined RF first... And now look ! Jaya is gonna be a mum ! :D

But of course there is a catch. We want to settle and build a family, but wanting a child doesn't mean you can have one. That's our case. That's why we are going to apply for adoption.

We have pretty good situation : stable good paying jobs, buying a house in a year or two max, 6 years together and about to make it official on paper.

But we're still puzzled about what will be asked of us when adopting internationally. And for that reason we are still hesitating weather we should adopt as a couple or if I should adopt alone and him asking for parental right later.

So, about that: parents of adopted children here or if you know parents that adopted children internationally: what kind of documents are generally asked by international authorities to process a case ?

Were both person in a couple asked to show everything, from birth certificate to salary papers ? Are they allowed to ask for official médical papers history for both person in a married couple ?

Thank you very much for you answers ♥️

Nimos

Hello, Vanakkam everyone

So, well... It's kinda weird how life goes. I was still a teenager when I joined RF first... And now look ! Jaya is gonna be a mum ! :D

But of course there is a catch. We want to settle and build a family, but wanting a child doesn't mean you can have one. That's our case. That's why we are going to apply for adoption.

We have pretty good situation : stable good paying jobs, buying a house in a year or two max, 6 years together and about to make it official on paper.

But we're still puzzled about what will be asked of us when adopting internationally. And for that reason we are still hesitating weather we should adopt as a couple or if I should adopt alone and him asking for parental right later.

So, about that: parents of adopted children here or if you know parents that adopted children internationally: what kind of documents are generally asked by international authorities to process a case ?

Were both person in a couple asked to show everything, from birth certificate to salary papers ? Are they allowed to ask for official médical papers history for both person in a married couple ?

That's sound good :)

Anyway know absolutely nothing about what you are asking :D But I would assume that it depends on which country you are from and what country you want to adopt a child from, in regards to rules etc?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

I'm curious as to why you don't wait until after you are married.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hello, Vanakkam everyone

It's been a long long time.
We used Catholic Social Services.
Despite the name, they never involved religion. (We're both heathens.)
I don't recall what they wanted from us over & above background info & interviews.
The kid will have a birth certificate, background info, including the foster family.
Then you'll need to apply for a delayed registration of foreign birth.
This will enable the kid to run for President. Do not allow them to do that.

Btw, being married would make things easier IMO. It will also depend upon
the kid's country of origin. Procedures & difficulties vary greatly. Our kids
are from S Korea. People we know whose kids are from China faced much
more work. Other places.....IDK.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

I'm curious as to why you don't wait until after you are married.

Oh we are ! Unfortunately Covid kinda prevented us from signing that paper. But we are going to be by the time we finally reach the adoption process.

It's been a long long time.
We used Catholic Social Services.
Despite the name, they never involved religion. (We're both heathens.)
I don't recall what they wanted from us over & above background info & interviews.
The kid will have a birth certificate, background info, including the foster family.
Then you'll need to apply for a delayed registration of foreign birth.
This will enable the kid to run for President. Do not allow them to do that.

Btw, being married would make things easier IMO. It will also depend upon
the kid's country of origin. Procedures & difficulties vary greatly. Our kids
are from S Korea. People we know whose kids are from China faced much
more work. Other places.....IDK.

Thanks for your answer... Yeah we looked into the requirements in China and it's absolutely crazy... Obviously we don't fit because we don't have a "certificate of non homosexuality" ... Welp !

That's sound good :)

Anyway know absolutely nothing about what you are asking :D But I would assume that it depends on which country you are from and what country you want to adopt a child from, in regards to rules etc?

We're from France, and we can't really choose the country. We'll be glad enough if one accepts already <__<

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hello, Vanakkam everyone

It can be a long and drawn-out process no doubt.

My brother-in-law and his wife have adopted two girls from China for which they had to physically travel to the country and get the girls and come back with them after all the paperwork and such were completed over there.

The girls are adults now attending college and living lives of their own, and from the way I can tell from my brother-in-law and his wife, adoption can be quite rewarding as well as challenging.

I think the biggest factor is the legalities such as what you mentioned, and of course it's going to take time, especially if it's an international adoption.

I don't know the full details but I can say that it's going to be a time consuming challenge but not a challenge that's impossible.

I'm adopted myself and do have an appreciation for people such as you who puts their hearts out in that way.

Best of luck and much success for your family.