• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parenthood

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I've already shared my thoughts on this in post #16 regarding this.

I think a child should be taught values, not bias for or against religion.

Great. I also think they should be taught to value freedom - from indoctrination - so that often rules out any passing on of religious beliefs, but which happens rather too much. And since the non-believers are in a minority, it tends to be that it is the religious who are doing such - passing on their beliefs rather than enabling any freedom. And values can be quite separate from religious beliefs - the vast majority, that is, as to being a decent human being.

King Phenomenon

You might want to alter this unless you want to be seen as someone sneering at differing views. And I would hope any atheist or agnostic would be honest with their children and not try to influence them as to what they believe in this regard. They might also like to point out the variety of religious beliefs to choose from though.
I'm asking a question. My motives are good

syo

I know that most religious families introduce their children to their religion. Do agnostics and atheists introduce their children to agnosticism and atheism? Some families may introduce many religions and beliefs to their children and let them choose.
I am a pagan omnist. I'll make sure I am not introducing anyone to a cult. :rolleyes:o_O