• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paraphilic infantilism addiction

lovelylife22

Paraphilic infantilism is a desire to be treated like a baby. The lord told me that this is a sexual sin. This sin could bring spiritual harm to my family. The lord told me that I cannot do these kinds of things with my future wive.

Is there a way to overcome this sexual sin?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Paraphilic infantilism is a desire to be treated like a baby. The lord told me that this is a sexual sin. This sin could bring spiritual harm to my family. The lord told me that I cannot do these kinds of things with my future wive.

How, exactly, is it a "sexual sin"?

WyattDerp

I'm not a psychologist or anything, and I'm sure there are actual answers to be found for this, that is, people who've been there. Until then, I would not take comments from people who don't understand to heart, including mine. I applaud your courage for simply asking complete strangers for advice, I think that's a good start. Stay anonymous but don't be ashamed, that's my only advice to you I am 100% sure of. You may have to knock on more than one door until you find really solid help, and don't take it to heart that people (ironically) tend to be rather infantile about such things.

My first thought was: what is it you are looking for with this desire? For example, safety maybe? Or is it something you missed out on during childhood? Maybe this is exactly the wrong stuff to ask for some reason, and I don't necessarily am asking for an answer -- it's just that my first intuition is that being treated like a baby is a means to an end which may yet be unknown to you, but an end in itself. What you're looking for is probably not a bad thing, you're just looking for it in a bad place, if you know what I mean? That's all just guessing, and I could say this about a lot of habits and addictions. By all means look for something like self-help groups and serious literature first and foremost, everybody else is probably going to give you more bad advice than good (we can't help it, we have no real clue).

Skwim

Veteran Member

I suggest asking him the next time he visits.

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
That person asked for health advice, not for petty religious "debate". Why be a dick about it?
what are you talking about?

the OP clearly states that he was told Paraphilic infantilism is a sexual SIN and is asking advice on how to over come it as a sexual SIN.

Now since I fail to see how
Paraphilic infantilism in and of itself is a SIN I asked for more clarification.

WyattDerp

Now since I fail to see how Paraphilic infantilism in and of itself is a SIN I asked for more clarification.

Why? How does that help with giving the advice that is the objective of this thread? Something like "I suggest asking him the next time he visits." is clearly a dick reply. If you don't have anything to say, why be grumpy towards a complete stranger? If Skwim's post triggers my response, why do you reply instead? I already posted after you, it doesn't take a Sherlock to notice that.

It's a sin because it's not sexy and no woman would be truly happy with it in a man. There, better?

Or, how about this radical idea, because the poster for some reason doesn't feel great about it, and would like to overcome it.

Why do you assume it's *not* some kind of dysfunction? What twisted religion could possibly make you believe that? WHO CARES.

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Why? How does that help with giving the advice that is the objective of this thread? Something like "I suggest asking him the next time he visits." is clearly a dick reply. If you don't have anything to say, why be grumpy towards a complete stranger? If Skwim's post triggers my response, why do you reply instead? I already posted after you, it doesn't take a Sherlock to notice that.

It's a sin because it's not sexy and no woman would be truly happy with it in a man. There, better?

Or, how about this radical idea, because the poster for some reason doesn't feel great about it, and would like to overcome it.

Why do you assume it's *not* some kind of dysfunction? What twisted religion could possibly make you believe that? WHO CARES.
removeing the insult I completly agree. Perhaps you should edit the name calling out.

To the op you need to know what you want to be, what you are, how to be what you want, and why you are they way you are.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Perhaps you should go back and actually read both of my other posts in this thread for comprehension.

Hint:
My reply to you was about your CLAIM that he is seeking HEALTH advice when his OP is clearly talking about religious reasons...

Seems you do not even rate to your own "Sherlock" status..?

Do I need to point out your hypocrisy?

Last edited by a moderator:

WyattDerp

Is there a way to overcome paraphilic infantilism? That's the question. Skim's reply was dickish, yours just irrelevant; get over yourself, next.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Trying being a furry instead?

Jdawg87

As a child, I was abused by my only parent via psycho-emotional abuse. I was an outsider in my home and at school. Infantilism has given me the only sufficient coping technique to deal with the agony this abuse caused. For many others who live this way the most painful thing is rejection, false accusations of pedophilia (which it is NOT), and they are therefore very shy about who they come out to. When people reject them, it reminds them of all of the pain and suffering they may have gone through as a child and makes them that much more fragile. They are already fragile people, speaking from experience, and very easily hurt by social isolation/ostracization. To take this coping mechanism away from them is to take away the only security and confidence they have, since that is usually the reason for the behavior. They don't hurt anyone and they most definitely don't want to be with kids (they want to be the kid).

Nymphs

Uh, don't believe in that sort of god any more. :sarcastic

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Hey, I'm a counselor here but it's been a while since my sexual dysfunction classes so here's what I know:

It IS possible to work with a therapist - and I'd recommend a licensed counselor/therapist not a religious one - to address paraphilias. I don't really know the numbers on success rates on this, but it is doable for some people. It is also doable to work with a therapist to address the underlying cause for the development of a paraphilia if it's causing you significant mental distress to have it. And perhaps by dealing with this underlying cause you may come to a point where you don't feel desire to engage in the infantilism play anymore.

This isn't just a "religious" thing, there are plenty of people who are uncomfortable with a paraphilia and whose attraction to the, lets say "unusual" is causing them mental distress. If it doesn't bother you personally but only because you're told it should bother you religiously, consider whether or not there is actual harm being done and see if you can come to be at peace with it within your religion. If not, then again I'd recommend a counselor and not the internet.

Guardian

I have dealt with this also. This has been a life long desire that I've had since I was six years old. Sometimes I was distracted enough with life that it got shoved in the back of my mind but never went away. Spending time in the Word of God does help but when i'm really down or having a really bad week the desire comes back.

I pray and study everyday. I know I'm saved and I try to serve God everyday. But still its in the back of my mind calling me when i'm at a weak point. I live in a storage room of the place i work and take a shower with a garden hose. Someone I thought I could trust turned his back on me a few months ago, so pretty low right now.

I'm considering disassociation therapy on myself. Right now wearing them is linked with sexual desire as well as the need for emotional comfort. But if i simply wear one, don't use it, don't associate it with sexual release.

Its human nature to desire what we cant have. So if i wear one but separate the sexual part of it from the use I wonder if this could help me be free of the sinful part of it.