• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parallels with Santa Claus's toy run and Noah's Ark.

St Giordano Bruno

One the biggest reasons I rejected a belief in Santa Claus as a child was the seemingly impossible task of his toy delivery run. If one does the math Santa Claus would need in order to satisfy all children would have to deliver toys at the rate of 4000 deliveries per second. Some children still continue to buy it, "well that is because Santa Claus is magic" is the answer given to many children when they query the parents about Santa's impossible work schedule on Xmas eve. The same argument applies to Noah in his quest to round up two of every species of wild animal he would need to break the sound barrier like how did he manage to get those two toed sloths from South America moving faster than the speed of sound in a hasty attempt to round them up to get them about the ark? Saying Noah was magic like parents lie to their children about Santa Claus does not seem to wash with me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
:clapObama / Biden 2012:clap

Starting the campaign early, are we, Angelous?
Such a comedian you are!

A

angellous_evangellous

Starting the campaign early, are we, Angelous?

Such a comedian you are!​

Dude, I started that when Obama won two years ago.

I'm already seeing Palin 2012 bumper stickers here in Fort Worth.

A

angellous_evangellous

Texas is full of comedians....& a spirit of bi-partisanship.

Politics is more of a horror show in Michigan.

It's a horror show in Texas, too. Republicans control everything, and our governor is basically a king.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
One the biggest reasons I rejected a belief in Santa Claus as a child was the seemingly impossible task of his toy delivery run. If one does the math Santa Claus would need in order to satisfy all children would have to deliver toys at the rate of 4000 deliveries per second. Some children still continue to buy it, "well that is because Santa Claus is magic" is the answer given to many children when they query the parents about Santa's impossible work schedule on Xmas eve. The same argument applies to Noah in his quest to round up two of every species of wild animal he would need to break the sound barrier like how did he manage to get those two toed sloths from South America moving faster than the speed of sound in a hasty attempt to round them up to get them about the ark? Saying Noah was magic like parents lie to their children about Santa Claus does not seem to wash with me.
A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. :D

outhouse

Atheistically

Its the same for god listening to prayers or "hey hes watching you" LOL :facepalm:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

Ok, so god uses magic. What's your point?

St Giordano Bruno

Ok, so god uses magic. What's your point?

Just getting a pair of ever species of beetle onto the ark which is about 450,000 in all, would be an extremely daunting task by itself. He would need climb up all the right trees in the rainforest of the Amazon and know exactly where to look to find those pesky little critters. Some would be extremely rare and exist only in a larval stage hidden deep beneath the leaf litter and Noah would have to keep patiently foraging for them as well to rescue them from the impending inundation. His work schedule would be so hectic just rescuing beetles alone it would make Santa Claus when he was delivering at his toy run on Christmas morning look like a slug, little wonder Santa is so fat :D

Last edited:

Gloone

I herd Santa Claus might even have teleport capabilities. Allows him to get around faster.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Just getting a pair of ever species of beetle onto the ark which is about 450,000 in all, would be an extremely daunting task by itself. He would need climb up all the right trees in the rainforest of the Amazon and know exactly where to look to find those pesky little critters. Some would be extremely rare and exist only in a larval stage hidden deep beneath the leaf litter and Noah would have to keep patiently foraging for them as well to rescue them from the impending inundation. His work schedule would be so hectic just rescuing beetles alone it would make Santa Claus when he was delivering at his toy run on Christmas morning look like a slug, little wonder Santa is so fat :D

Taking in two each, I wonder how much 900,000 beetles weigh?