• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paradox of Rich Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is mathematical uncertainty: infinity times zero. It can remain infinity.

Although there is not enough space in the universe to hold the result, the result of multiplying by zero are undefined, not infinite.

Dao Hao Now

Google: "infinite number".
“Infinity
Mathematical concept”
And
“Infinity is that which is boundless, endless, or larger than any natural number.”
“ In this usage, infinity is a mathematical concept, and infinite mathematical objects can be studied, manipulated, and used just like any other mathematical object.”
And
“The mathematical concept of infinity refines and extends the old philosophical concept,”

“The mathematical concept of infinity and the manipulation of infinite sets are used everywhere in mathematics,”
Infinity - Wikipedia

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am scientist, not a dreamer. Infinity must be something physical, not magical.

Infinity in maths is something to work with.

To paraphrase Neil Turok
If you need to invoke invoke infinity in science then something has gone terribly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.