• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parable of Sower & the Good Land

benign6

8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
Now, why should I take your understanding of this parable over Jesus'? Who's the Prophet here -- Him or you?
My expalnation is NOT at all nulified by this explanation by Jesus.

Your problem is that you think "word of God = Jesus" which is wrong. Word-of-God means what word-of-God means i.e., message/teachings/order/command --of--God
e.g.,1KINGS 12:22, 1CHRON 17:3, PROV 30:5 etc etc.

word of God = Message/Teachings of God sent by revelation.

way-side = ppl who got lost way-off & became Pagans etc.

Rocky place = for a while they believe & slightest temptation take them away from true path, describes children-of-Isreal when Moses saved them from pharaoh & they believed in Moses but then again started worshiping a lamb. Then again Moses struggled to bring them back & again-&-again they dis-believed & asked that they won't believe till they'll see God with their eyes & when food was sent to them from heavens they were discontent & kept asking for more-&-more..........

Thorny place = these describe era of Constantine empror when trinitarians in hope for getting favor of Pagan ruler adopted a lot of Pagan traditions like celebrating birthday of Jesus in December which was actually birthday of a Pagan god & like making God into more than one forms etc.

Thus trinitarians were the ones who "Mk:4:19:cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word"

& thus trinitarians "chocked the word of God" held by unitarians who were true believers of Jesus & believed in Jesus as a human prophet & NOT as son of god.

If you doubt this part of history then go to any authentic history source & see how first Binitarians developed & then trinitarians.:-
http://www.ccg.org/english/s/P268.html

Booko

Deviled Hen
Unreliable means that it's NOT in original shape. It doesn't mean it's total fabrication rather that there have been additions/ommissions/alterations.

Which in no way nullifies my point. You don't know which parts are reliable and which are not, becaues you have ZIP for textual evidence for the alleged farting around with the holy texts.

And yet you feel free to make an argument for your religious beliefs from a text that may be NOT in it's original shape.

Your argument is unsound.

& the reason for using your book is bacause you that's the ONLY book you believe in.
For a hindu we'll use Vedas & for Jews we'll use Tanak..........

You really should understand who you're talking to before you start discussing personal matters such as this. The Bible is no more "my" book than it is yours, as I am neither Christian nor Jewish.

Booko

Deviled Hen
My expalnation is NOT at all nulified by this explanation by Jesus.

Your problem is that you think "word of God = Jesus" which is wrong.

:biglaugh: Hon, again you really need to understand who it is you're talking to before you go off saying things about what others believe.

I believe that Muhammad (pbuh) is a Prophet. Now, can I possibly also believe that Jesus is God? I think the *Gospels* are *part* of the Word of God.

I'm no more a trinitarian than you are.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
You missed the real irony, Comprehend. There are the ones who start out proving the Bible text is unreliable. And then they proceed to use the text to prove their religion is the best.

I prefer Muhammad's method myself: The Book is the proof of Itself.

Sounds good to me!:thud::D

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
This is like when you guys say that when Jesus says He will send another Comforter He meant Mohammed even though He says "which is the holy ghost". But you guys know best don't you.:rolleyes:

You embarrass yourselves.:yes: I would have more time for you if you tried to challenge what the bible says than to try to make it conform to an Islamic viewpoint.