• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pantheists everywhere, unite! :)

Nefelie

Sure. And it was one ouf of many.
I was out walking my dogs late at night. I walked through a path with no street lights. Saw the stars. Got hit by an intense feeling of unity with life, universe, everything. God and I was not separate. We're all that one.
Ahh... The most ancient feeling :)
I was just writting about that in the other thread ( here ) :)

idav

Being
Premium Member
~~~

Hello everyone!

It’s nice to be somewhere where there are other Pantheists like me. Where I live, we seem to be an extremely rare “specie”.

I’d like to ask what made you a Pantheist?

Thank you for responding! :)

Hello, It is rare that I run into pantheists myself. This past week I had a chance to talk a lot with a PHD in the subject matter of religion. I was pleasantly surprised he said being "pantheist".

The theological aspect of god I got a lot from the Gnostic interpretation of Christianity. Christ also aligns so much with Buddhas concepts I understand Gnosis(knowledge of god) to be something attainable by anyone. Of course any knowledge most anything, would be knowledge of god :).

Nefelie

Hello, It is rare that I run into pantheists myself. This past week I had a chance to talk a lot with a PHD in the subject matter of religion. I was pleasantly surprised he said being "pantheist".

I think we are multiplying lately. Don’t you think?

The theological aspect of god I got a lot from the Gnostic interpretation of Christianity.

That is so interesting and also very rare :)

I did spend a good time studying the pantheistic side of the Gospels (both synoptic and Gnostic) a few years ago and did find it fascinating.

Actually, I have opened a thread about it here: http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/the-pantheistic-side-of-the-gospels.187038/#post-4740212. I’d love to have your opinion :)

Christ also aligns so much with Buddhas concepts I understand Gnosis (knowledge of god) to be something attainable by anyone. Of course any knowledge most anything, would be knowledge of god:).

:thumbsup:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I suspect the representation of folks whose theology includes pantheism is probably greater on RF than it is in the general English-speaking population. With that in mind, I think we're doing pretty darned good! :D

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I suspect the representation of folks whose theology includes pantheism is probably greater on RF than it is in the general English-speaking population. With that in mind, I think we're doing pretty darned good! :D

What we need is to write more books about it.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Thirza,
One doesn't have to be one, to like their thinking.
God or no god, Life is Stuff, enjoy it !
Or.....curse it as you wish.
~
'mud