• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pansy wine in Australia

Pah

Uber all member
http://www.advocate.com/new_news.asp?ID=14330&sd=11/13/04-11/15/04

Pansy wine to target Sydney gays
A New Zealand wine company is targeting their gay neighbors in Sydney, Australia, with a pink wine called Pansy--a word often considered a derogatory term for gay men.

The wine was first launched in Auckland, New Zealand's largest city, in 2002 and will be introduced in Sydney next week at a nightclub on the route of the city's annual gay Mardi Gras, a huge pride march taking place early each year that attracts thousands of gay and lesbian visitors.

New Zealand winemaker Erica Crawford said Thursday that links between the gay communities in Auckland and Sydney had created a demand for the wine in Australia's most populous city, where gay men are estimated to drink $3.1 million of wine each month.

"Pansy is about friendship, kindness, and generosity of the human spirit," she said, adding, "Here's a straight mother from [Auckland] launching a gay wine in Sydney." The wine comes with a pink screw cap and a label that describes it as "fresh, funky, and fun."

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Personally, I'm very amused by this. I know if there was some in my area (and I was of legal drinking age) I'd try it.

Pah

Uber all member
Maize said:
Mmmmmm.... Aussie wine. :p

*thinking she must be reminded of the sweetness that is in Australia.

You did see that it was New Zealand wine? or is it more important where it is drunk?

Bob