• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Panorama of the New Delhi House of Worship

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Wow, that's incredible! Such beautiful architecture & landscaping! :hearteyes:

Are those prayer mats stored underneath the outside benches?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, that was impressive. Absolutely exquisite design.
The song on the website, I swear I've heard it before. Like maybe my brain is just recognizing a song of worship using Indian instruments, a (probably) popular Indian/Pakistani/Punjabi (?) singer and Hindi because that's just what I grew up around. But it sounds really really familiar.

arthra

Baha'i
Wow, that's incredible! Such beautiful architecture & landscaping! :hearteyes:

Are those prayer mats stored underneath the outside benches?

Thanks your post!

I haven't been to New Delhi but generally we don't use prayer mats that much in a House of Worship. Some Baha'is may use a prayer mat to recite their obligatory prayers at home but we don't use them in say congregational settings...

arthra

Baha'i
Okay, that was impressive. Absolutely exquisite design.
The song on the website, I swear I've heard it before. Like maybe my brain is just recognizing a song of worship using Indian instruments, a (probably) popular Indian/Pakistani/Punjabi (?) singer and Hindi because that's just what I grew up around. But it sounds really really familiar.

Thanks for your post "Some Random"!

I'm posting some online Baha'i songs in Hindi here that you may recognize..

hindi baha'i songs - Bing video

There are more Baha'is in India than anywhere else according to the last stat I read over 2,200,000 Baha'is in India.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for your post "Some Random"!

I'm posting some online Baha'i songs in Hindi here that you may recognize..

hindi baha'i songs - Bing video

There are more Baha'is in India than anywhere else according to the last stat I read over 2,200,000 Baha'is in India.
They do sound familiar, but that's probably because they are in Hindi lol
I recently met some Baha'is near me rather randomly the other day. They seemed rather polite.