• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Panikkar an open minded Theologian

Wannabe Yogi

Raimon Panikkar, a Roman Catholic theologian whose embrace of Hindu scriptures and Buddhism made him an influential voice for promoting dialogue among the world's religions, died in Aug.

He said this.

“I left Europe as a Christian, I discovered I was a Hindu and returned as a Buddhist without ever having ceased to be Christian,”

Catholic theologian Panikkar promoted religious dialogue | Obituaries | The Bulletin

What do you guys think?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I think that is not only possible, but I personally feel Christians can enhance parts of their faith by being exposed to Hiduism and Buddhism. The mysticism and symbolism that is alive in Dharmic Religions is rich and beneficial to all IMO.

Thanks for sharing.

PVE1

Very inspiring read. I too regained my Christian faith when I studied Buddhism, and it became stronger than ever.