• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Panentheists only: Do you believe in reincarnation?

Bob Dixon

>implying
I could probably say I'm a panentheist but...
I don't know what to believe about the afterlife anymore.
I try not to think about it.

Reincarnation seems alright, though. Perhaps.
A lot of people accept it now and have in the past, even within Christianity, so whatever.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I personally did not when I was a panentheist.

I am a panendeist, but same difference here. Yes, I believe in reincarnation, but somewhat complicated of a belief. I believe humans have three parts: body, life force, and consciousness. Upon death the body rots, the consciousness lingers, and the life force is reincarnated (until becoming one with the absolute).

Nancy Davison

Nancy Davison
I don't really have any beliefs, but I do accept the concept of reincarnation. Panentheism seems the closest of all systems to what I think is true. There are four fundamental postulates that I work with.
1. That there exists in our manifested universe the expression of an Energy or Life which is the responsible cause of all forms.
2. That that one Life produces consciousness (some say Christ, some Soul)
3. That the purpose for which life takes form is the unfoldment of consciousness
4. That that consciousness cycles in and out of manifestation - hence, reincarnation

leon_the_14

I believe that it is possible but not guaranteed.
The circumstance of each person in their relation to God decides.

underthesun

Terrible with Titles
I see that this thread is old and hasn't been touched in over a year... but I felt the need to add my own opinion to the mix, as I haven't seen anything similar described.

I do not believe in reincarnation in the sense that we define it. I don't believe we are reborn as another life form to cary on more lives. However, I do believe that when we die and our bodies become part of the earth again, the part of the divine that was us lives on, and does flow in to other biotic and abiotic factors. So, we very well may live on in our friends and family, and part of what was us may later become another sentient being.

...if that made sense, the way I explained it.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
When old threads rise and show you what you used to believe...

Treks

Nope, I don't believe in reincarnation. Similar to underthesun, I believe our physical molecules are reclaimed by nature and spiritual energy likewise into the ether. I don't believe in a personal soul or individual personality that lives on forever.

Izdaari

Emergent Anglo-Catholic
No. I don't actively disbelieve in reincarnation, but it's not part of any doctrine that I do believe.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I don't believe in reincarnation at all. I think our elements return to the earth and we're done.

I personally did not when I was a panentheist.
Religion is interesting, because it seems that incarnation is an eastern belief system but not western. I believe that reincarnation is not true because if it were and life continues after death in different forms then what is the standard and proof of that.