• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Panentheism+belief in harmony+belief in the paranormal+heaven_&_hell_as_states_not_places= ?

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
I believe that "God" is unceasingly the source of all existence, that is to say, of a inherently harmonious existence, as there is no conflict within the mind or being of "God".

I believe that "God" is perfect conciousness, a cosmic entity with whom communion is, ideally, to be sought and actualized.

I believe that order is not good, nor chaos evil. Rather, "good" is harmony between order and chaos, which exist in their places so that neither causes imbalance. Likewise, "evil" is that which occurs when said harmony is disrupted.

I believe that all sentient beings (e.g. human beings) are emanated from "God".

I believe that evil, as previously defined, results from the misguided desire of emanated sentient beings to be omnipotent via discord ("evil") in lieu of harmony ("good"). It follows that evil, in being an anamoly, can never overcome good].

(to be continued...)

The supernatural certainly exist, as I see things.

Lastly, heaven and hell are states of existence.

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
beyon for my cosmological and theological conceptions (which include the idea of a cyclical cosmology, I believe in a omnibenevolent demiurge, who is all-powerful, all-wise (but not necessarily omniscent) and present in everything. I refer to the good (not evil, as in Gnostic Christianity) demiurge as God(dess) Most High. I believe that God created, from his/her own essence, and has assigned, a tutullary god for each nation, for example, Ishvara to Hindustan, or YHWH to Israel, or Eloah ("Allah") to the Arabians. I think that, based on ancient Old World texts, there exist at least seventy national gods, as only seventy nations were known to the writers at the time. At times, God(dess) Most high interevenes in the affairs of a nation, in those instances sometimes speaking directly to its people. One result was that nations often confuse their tutullary deity with with the God of gods, as both could as easily make claims to divinity based on their godhood. Beneath the tutallary gods of nations are numerous, diverse supernatural beings, among them, fays, spirits, demons (those spirits and gods who are ever malevonent/destuctive and chaotic to even remain loyal to each other indefinitely, out of their boundless jealousy and discontent [examples include Satan, Lilith, Ashmodai, Loki), which are not to be confused necessarily with the gods of death, ghosts, sentinels/angels (who exist to serve God [and many are assigned to the created gods]), and patron gods who are self-personifying aspects of humans and of the natural world (nature; examples would include Poseiden [the sea], etc.).

P.S. I actively practice magic. Given all that, what am I?

WayFarer

Rogue Scholar
I believe that God created, from his/her own essence, and has assigned, a tutullary god for each nation, for example, Ishvara to Hindustan, or YHWH to Israel, or Eloah ("Allah") to the Arabians.
Very interesting and hit several points of agreement. When I was younger one of my thoughts were that perhaps god(s) where assigned geographic areas and the people who came to be in those areas grew up being influenced/guided by those gods.
I look forward to seeing "what you are".

it's_sam

Freak of Nature
beyon for my cosmological and theological conceptions (which include the idea of a cyclical cosmology, I believe in a omnibenevolent demiurge, who is all-powerful, all-wise (but not necessarily omniscent) and present in everything. I refer to the good (not evil, as in Gnostic Christianity) demiurge as God(dess) Most High. I believe that God created, from his/her own essence, and has assigned, a tutullary god for each nation, for example, Ishvara to Hindustan, or YHWH to Israel, or Eloah ("Allah") to the Arabians. I think that, based on ancient Old World texts, there exist at least seventy national gods, as only seventy nations were known to the writers at the time. At times, God(dess) Most high interevenes in the affairs of a nation, in those instances sometimes speaking directly to its people. One result was that nations often confuse their tutullary deity with with the God of gods, as both could as easily make claims to divinity based on their godhood. Beneath the tutallary gods of nations are numerous, diverse supernatural beings, among them, fays, spirits, demons (those spirits and gods who are ever malevonent/destuctive and chaotic to even remain loyal to each other indefinitely, out of their boundless jealousy and discontent [examples include Satan, Lilith, Ashmodai, Loki), which are not to be confused necessarily with the gods of death, ghosts, sentinels/angels (who exist to serve God [and many are assigned to the created gods]), and patron gods who are self-personifying aspects of humans and of the natural world (nature; examples would include Poseiden [the sea], etc.).
Some very good thoughts here, and I have shared more then a few of the views. I can see what your saying about a different deity being assighned, and in a way I agree but I feel its more like each nation was close to the same "thoughts" they were just different people and the result was seen slightly different. This would be similair to how he has an individual path for each of us depending on who we are and what we practice to overcome our failings. Again though some very good thoughts.

wmjbyatt

Lunatic from birth
I believe that "God" is unceasingly the source of all existence, that is to say, of a inherently harmonious existence, as there is no conflict within the mind or being of "God".

I believe that "God" is perfect conciousness, a cosmic entity with whom communion is, ideally, to be sought and actualized.

I believe that order is not good, nor chaos evil. Rather, "good" is harmony between order and chaos, which exist in their places so that neither causes imbalance. Likewise, "evil" is that which occurs when said harmony is disrupted.

I believe that all sentient beings (e.g. human beings) are emanated from "God".

I believe that evil, as previously defined, results from the misguided desire of emanated sentient beings to be omnipotent via discord ("evil") in lieu of harmony ("good"). It follows that evil, in being an anamoly, can never overcome good].

(to be continued...)

The supernatural certainly exist, as I see things.

Lastly, heaven and hell are states of existence.

Sounds like a base of Vedanta Hindu with a splash of Taoism thrown in to me.