• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pandavas after Mahabharata war?

jien57908

I want to ask a question here, please share your valuable knowledge and answer my question. I want to ask that what happened to Pandavas after the end of Mahabharat war?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
They ruled their kingdom from the Kaurava capital Hastinapur. As age caught up with them, they handed over the kingdom to Pariksit, Arjuna's grandson; and along with Draupadi, went on a pilgrimage to Himalayas. Yudhisthira was able to reach heaven in his human form, while the rest of the brothers and Draupadi perished in snow. That is the myth and this is the mountain where it is supposed to have happened (known as 'Swargarohini', the pathway to heaven). Locally the glacier is known as 'Jamdar' (i.e., Yama-dwar, Gate of the kingdom of Lord of Death, Yama).

Swargarohini%20and%20jamdar%20glacier.JPG

222377575Badrinath_Swargarohini_Main.jpg

Last edited:

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Namaste

I would like to add that

1. Kedarnath is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga where Shiv Shankar appeared before the travelling Pandavas and gave them a few instructions about tyAg, renunciation. They built a Shiv Ling which is now known as Kedarnath (It was revived by Adi Shankaracharya)

2. Their journey after renouncing the kingdom and world, passed through Mana Gaon near Badrinath, which is also near Saraswati Ugam - the origin of Saraswati River.

From the BadrinAth Mandir, (Badrinath mUrti revived from kund, and Mandir established by Adi Shankaracharya)
Follow the AlankandA River (portion of Bhageerathi Ganga that flows at BadriNArAyaN's Lotus Feet, proceeds to expand thru' HRishikesh, HaridwAr) towards Mana Gaon (steep, uphill, low oxygen levels - hard to breathe)
On the right there is a tiny
smarak-mandir for Kunti Mata
Further upslope on the right is GaNesh Mandir - where GaNesh ji wrote the Jaya and Bhagwat PurAN non-stop as VedaVyAs dictated.

Bheem Pool -- the natural rock bridge that Bheem put together so they could cross the river. Around the same place is where Draupadi's foot slipped and she fell down.

The Saraswati Ugam is across from the Bheem pool area , with a valley in between. You can go on the other side and soft sprinkles of the Saraswati can be felt even today. Today only the Ugam (origin) of the river remains, as we know the Saraswati bed dried up thousands of years ago.

VyAs GufA (GuhA) -- this is the cave at the Mana Goan exit , at the foothills, where KRishNa DwAipAyana Veda VyAs wrote the 18 purAN and Jaya (Mahabharat). Adi Shankara (advaita parampara guru) visited this place,and so did MadhvAchArya (dvaita parampara guru) and VallabhAchArya (shuddha-advaita & PushTi MArg founder) each in their lifetimes. Some of the acharyas had darshan of VedVyAs, Their murtis are also found in the gufA exibit today along with Veda VyAs.
I felt a presence there.

After the VyAs gufA , civilians are not allowed to go any further, only the army personnel are allowed due to harsh conditions and life-risk.

This is where PAnDava proceeded from, up into the snowy Himalayas towards SwargaRohiNi.

Last edited:

jien57908

They ruled their kingdom from the Kaurava capital Hastinapur. As age caught up with them, they handed over the kingdom to Pariksit, Arjuna's grandson; and along with Draupadi, went on a pilgrimage to Himalayas. Yudhisthira was able to reach heaven in his human form, while the rest of the brothers and Draupadi perished in snow. That is the myth and this is the mountain where it is supposed to have happened (known as 'Swargarohini', the pathway to heaven). Locally the glacier is known as 'Jamdar' (i.e., Yama-dwar, Gate of the kingdom of Lord of Death, Yama).

Swargarohini%20and%20jamdar%20glacier.JPG

222377575Badrinath_Swargarohini_Main.jpg

Thanks man!