• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palm Reading

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Here are some references on Palm Reading:

Palmistry - Wikipedia

How to Read Palms: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

There's this Nintendo Switch app I use. I find it pretty thorough:

Skeptics will be quick to remind me that Palm Reading is pseudoscience. I say for once, let's take pseudoscience for pseudoscience, and those interested in passing the time learning how to do Palm Readings - well I presented the information, and it really doesn't take long to learn, in my opinion.

We can still discuss the subject. Just I didn't want to be accused of presenting palm reading as reliable as science, or as reliable as the truth that at this point we do need a miracle, like insight from Palm Reading, to improve my dull wardrobe. I'm not trying to say that.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Palmistry - Wikipedia

Skeptics will be quick to remind me that Palm Reading is pseudoscience. I say for once, let's take pseudoscience for pseudoscience, and those interested in passing the time learning how to do Palm Readings - well I presented the information, and it really doesn't take long to learn, in my opinion.

We can still discuss the subject. Just I didn't want to be accused of presenting palm reading as reliable as science, or as reliable as the truth that at this point we do need a miracle, like insight from Palm Reading, to improve my dull wardrobe. I'm not trying to say that.

When I was 20something, I had my palm read.
So far, what was told to me hasn't not been true.
Last thing I was told was that I would die in my 78th year.
I'll let you know how that turns out.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Palmistry - Wikipedia

If you want to do successful palm reading, you have the wrong tutorial. Try this one:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Here are some references on Palm Reading
I went to an "Indian Palm Leaf Reader"
I was told that I was scheduled to die age 33
I went again a few years after my 33 rd birthday
I was told my leaf could not be found....

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Tickle (now bankrupt and gone) had an online survey you could take which would predict your personality based upon the lines of your hand. It used data taken from 5,000 volunteers. The answers were pretty good I thought.

It did not predict lifespan or the future.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Tickle (now bankrupt and gone) had an online survey you could take which would predict your personality based upon the lines of your hand. It used data taken from 5,000 volunteers. The answers were pretty good I thought.

It did not predict lifespan or the future.

And it's important, in my view, to note that that's how palmistry (and astrology) originated. They did a massive survey as a social experiment to try to determine if there was any relationship between such things, and peoples' lives. Apparently they discovered there was. Otherwise the ideas would have been discarded. Surveys are essential to many social science conclusions.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
And it's important, in my view, to note that that's how palmistry (and astrology) originated. They did a massive survey as a social experiment to try to determine if there was any relationship between such things, and peoples' lives. Apparently they discovered there was. Otherwise the ideas would have been discarded. Surveys are essential to many social science conclusions.
What? I have never heard that fact before. :p

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Must have been a 'hell of a' palm reader

So the 3 things I remember are that I'd never be rich but I'd always have enough money. I would have a lot of illness/sickness in my life and I would die in my 87th year.

The first two, while accurate enough, could also be general enough to fit lots of people. The last is a lot more specific.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So the 3 things I remember are that I'd never be rich but I'd always have enough money. I would have a lot of illness/sickness in my life and I would die in my 87th year.

The first two, while accurate enough, could also be general enough to fit lots of people. The last is a lot more specific.
That is interesting:
* Lots of sickness and still 87 years old ... while 87 is far above the average (the man had quite some confidence in his reading it seems)

I know a woman who was told by a well know clairvoyant that she would die at age 86 (if I recall correctly). The last I heard was that she was about to die a few month ago, just age ca. 68

I have checked out a few clairvoyants too, and though they had a few things almost right, they missed the essential parts always. About my health issues they were always wrong. I had to figure that one out myself.

So, from my experience I know that clairvoyance does exist. The more pure a person is, the more accurate the reading will be. Probably you had a good one.

The 87 years is quite specific indeed. So, you better do all the things you still want to do before age 86:)