• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinians shelve Islamic 'Mickey Mouse'

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
This is unfortunate.

Disney condemns Hamas over TV show

The only surviving child of Walt Disney has called Hamas "pure evil" for turning Mickey Mouse into a propaganda tool for hate.

Diane Disney Miller said she was disgusted that a rip-off of the loveable cartoon character was being used on a new Hamas TV show to encourage Palestinian children to take up arms against Israel and America.

Ms Miller, 73, said it went "against the grain of humanity".

She told the New York Daily News: "Of course I feel personal about Mickey Mouse, but it could be Barney as well.

"It's not just Mickey, it's indoctrinating children like this, teaching them to be evil.

"The world loves children and this is just going against the grain of humanity."

Hamas's Al-Aqsa TV station started running the children's series, called Tomorrow's Pioneers, last month.

It features the life-size lookalike of Mickey Mouse called Farfur, who sings about youngsters arming themselves with AK-47s and striving for world domination "under Islamic leadership".

Ms Miller said: "What we're dealing with here is pure evil and you can't ignore that."

Farfur also tells children to pray and drink their milk.

Link

Does anyone think what Hamas is doing is a good thing? Does anyone support Hamas in general?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Christian group Westboro Baptist Church protests funerals of deceased soldiers with signs of that "God Loves IEDs."

Oh look, I called them a Christian group even though they don't act Christ-like at all.

Perhaps the same is true of Hamas... hmm...

BTW- I don't think you'll find anyone here who supports Hamas as they are now. Of course, I would support them if they didn't decide that blowing up innocent people is a good political strategy or remotely acceptable by Islam. They do a lot of good work for the Palestinian people in the ways of social work (hospitals, welfare, day cares, food, youth centres, care of streets, etc) and education, especially for Palestinians in refugee camps. Which is, in short, why they were elected. The previous political parties in power did nothing for the people they represented while Hamas was taking care of them. But as I said, resort to terrorism and murder and things that are no way supported by Islam and my support disappears.

So, I'm asking a question. Is there any reason you posted this other than to stir up ill-will or are you going to post some propaganda from both sides?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Christian group Westboro Baptist Church protests funerals of deceased soldiers with signs of that "God Loves IEDs."

Oh look, I called them a Christian group even though they don't act Christ-like at all.

Perhaps the same is true of Hamas... hmm...

BTW- I don't think you'll find anyone here who supports Hamas as they are now. Of course, I would support them if they didn't decide that blowing up innocent people is a good political strategy or remotely acceptable by Islam. They do a lot of good work for the Palestinian people in the ways of social work (hospitals, welfare, day cares, food, youth centres, care of streets, etc) and education, especially for Palestinians in refugee camps. Which is, in short, why they were elected. The previous political parties in power did nothing for the people they represented while Hamas was taking care of them. But as I said, resort to terrorism and murder and things that are no way supported by Islam and my support disappears.

So, I'm asking a question. Is there any reason you posted this other than to stir up ill-will or are you going to post some propaganda from both sides?

It happens to be a current event and we are in a war on terror if you didn't notice. If we were in a war with Germany, would you find it odd for me to want to talk about what Germans were doing?

Well, since we are in a war on terror, I want to talk about what the terrorists are doing.

Both sides of what? and how was that propaganda? it was a news story, are you saying that something in the news story was untrue? Feel free to correct any innacuracies.

BTW - there ARE memebers of RF who support Hamas, so don't be so quick to say there aren't.

The Seeker

Once upon a time....
Does anyone think what Hamas is doing is a good thing? Does anyone support Hamas in general?

I really don't understand why other Muslims don't speak out against this garbage.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Comprehend said:
It happens to be a current event and we are in a war on terror if you didn't notice. If we were in a war with Germany, would you find it odd for me to want to talk about what Germans were doing?

Well, since we are in a war on terror, I want to talk about what the terrorists are doing.

I think I missed where we were actively at war with Hamas, but maybe I just missed that when I missed that were we in a "war against terror"... I also notice questioning my powers of perception and comprehension seems to be a trend with you. Any particular reason why?

If you want to talk about things Hamas is doing, I haven't ever seen you mention the good things they do, even they they do bad things I'll never support.

And the Palestinians are finding themselves in a war of terror against them. Only... hmm, that never gets reported on.

Both sides of what? and how was that propaganda? it was a news story, are you saying that something in the news story was untrue? Feel free to correct any innacuracies.
I was saying the use of "Farfour" was propaganda and if you were going to post any news articles about Israeli propaganda.

If you think that Israelis don't use propaganda against Palestinians (along with much worse things) against Palestinian Muslims, Palestinian/Israeli Christians, and even other Jews then you're kidding yourself.

BTW - there ARE memebers of RF who support Hamas, so don't be so quick to say there aren't.
I can't think of a single member here who supports terrorism.

The Seeker said:
I really don't understand why other Muslims don't speak out against this garbage.

... It's almost as if I didn't post.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I would find it odd if you reported on what one group of extremists were doing and then called it what the Germans were doing.

Sahar

Because it's garbage! Why wasting our time in speaking out against this "garbage"??!! I'd prefer to see muslims speak out against the oppression, killing, injustice that their brothers and sisters face in Palestine and Iraq!! While Iraqis are killed every day in their country and while palestinians are under the siege, muslims should stand up and say "Farfur is evil, Farfur is a monster"!!!

"We will restore to this nation its glory, and we will liberate (Jerusalem mosque) Al-Aqsa, with Allah's will, and we will liberate Iraq, with Allah's will, and we will liberate the Muslim countries invaded by murderers," Farfur said in one show.

"We will restore to this nation its glory" Nothing weird, the dream of every muslim. " and we will liberate (Jerusalem mosque) Al-Aqsa," they will liberate the lands from the occupiers!! " with Allah's will," every thing goes by Allah's will. " and we will liberate the Muslim countries invaded by murderers," I will say nothing except ameen!

I don't know, this is not something new. The Palestinian children have seen the israelis destroy their houses and murdering their families, neighbors and friends. Yet they, not only the children but the whole palestinians, try to live under the difficult and tough circumstances that surrounds them from everywhere. So every palestinian is in Jihad every day!! And no one opened his mouth saying what the palestinians face is not fair, is oppression. but it seems "farfur" is more important!!

Then, this needs hundreds of pages to talk about what the "terrorists" did and are doing in destroying the other nations!!

Booko

Deviled Hen

Um...Hamas doesn't appear too interested in targeting us. Their interest is more local than that.

Mujahid Mohammed

We have many times but people keep bringing up these same old broken record misconceptions and lead in propaganda as if they do not know the answer or they just want to hear from some idiot muslim who knows nothing about his religion yet speaks as if they are an authority in are religion.

Comprehend said:
You should ask is according to Islam what Hamas is doing is a good thing and should anyone support Hamas in general?

The other question that should be raised is, " Is what they are doing apart of the rules and regulations of the Quran understood through the context and understanding of the one who brought the Message of Mercy to mankind with a warning of a horrible punishment for those who disbelieve, and his companions for they obeyed it the way it should be as Allah said in the Quran.

Let us ask the question first what is Islam before we start asking do muslims agree with this and that. Me need to seperate Muslims from Islam,for people are looking at muslims saying this is what islam is.

that is far from the case. Is anything that Hamas is doing under teachings of Quran and Sunnah?

We should all stop asking these questions which solve nothing. How do we stop people from doing these things in the name of religion when they have plenty of evidence that some of the things they are doing is clearly not Islam.

It is culture or tradition. So let us figure out what is Islam first, and then let us look at what some people who call themselves muslims are doing. And judge between them on that criterion, let us figure that out because alot of what muslims are doing is not Islam. and they are not the same.

The believers, the ones who call themselves muslims who Allah spoke about in the Quran do what He commands. i am not saying they are not muslim that is for Allah to judge but they are walking on dangerous ground doing these things misleading and misrepresenting sometimes crazily Islam, I am not saying everything but many things yes. Besides if we look at what is Islam first, then you would know whether or not muslims should agree or not. then we can figure out how to solve the problem

Peace.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I think I missed where we were actively at war with Hamas, but maybe I just missed that when I missed that were we in a "war against terror"... I also notice questioning my powers of perception and comprehension seems to be a trend with you. Any particular reason why?

If you want to talk about things Hamas is doing, I haven't ever seen you mention the good things they do, even they they do bad things I'll never support.

And the Palestinians are finding themselves in a war of terror against them. Only... hmm, that never gets reported on.

Hamas is a terrorist organization yes? We are in a war against terror yes?

I hadn't noticed that trend...

The good things hamas does not have nearly the effect on the world and the USA specifically as the bad things they do.

I was saying the use of "Farfour" was propaganda and if you were going to post any news articles about Israeli propaganda.

If you think that Israelis don't use propaganda against Palestinians (along with much worse things) against Palestinian Muslims, Palestinian/Israeli Christians, and even other Jews then you're kidding yourself.
Why do you think Israel had anything to do with my interest in this? The article was about an American cartoon character, world domination and hating America. Of course they always hate Israel too but you are mistaken if you think that is why I posted it. LIke I said, it is for the war on terror. Hamas is a terrorist group and they are promoting Muslims taking over the world...

I can't think of a single member here who supports terrorism.
I can think of two.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Um...Hamas doesn't appear too interested in targeting us. Their interest is more local than that.

Someone needs to tell Hamas then since the article above says they are talking about war with America and global Muslim domination...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
You should ask is according to Islam what Hamas is doing is a good thing and should anyone support Hamas in general?

The other question that should be raised is, " Is what they are doing apart of the rules and regulations of the Quran understood through the context and understanding of the one who brought the Message of Mercy to mankind with a warning of a horrible punishment for those who disbelieve, and his companions for they obeyed it the way it should be as Allah said in the Quran.

Let us ask the question first what is Islam before we start asking do muslims agree with this and that. Me need to seperate Muslims from Islam,for people are looking at muslims saying this is what islam is.

that is far from the case. Is anything that Hamas is doing under teachings of Quran and Sunnah?

We should all stop asking these questions which solve nothing. How do we stop people from doing these things in the name of religion when they have plenty of evidence that some of the things they are doing is clearly not Islam.

It is culture or tradition. So let us figure out what is Islam first, and then let us look at what some people who call themselves muslims are doing. And judge between them on that criterion, let us figure that out because alot of what muslims are doing is not Islam. and they are not the same.

The believers, the ones who call themselves muslims who Allah spoke about in the Quran do what He commands. i am not saying they are not muslim that is for Allah to judge but they are walking on dangerous ground doing these things misleading and misrepresenting sometimes crazily Islam, I am not saying everything but many things yes. Besides if we look at what is Islam first, then you would know whether or not muslims should agree or not. then we can figure out how to solve the problem

Peace.

So what is your conclusion? Is the message of Hamas against Islam and do you support it?

Sahar

The believers, the ones who call themselves muslims who Allah spoke about in the Quran do what He commands. i am not saying they are not muslim that is for Allah to judge but they are walking on dangerous ground doing these things misleading and misrepresenting sometimes crazily Islam, I am not saying everything but many things yes.
Is this applied on Hamas? :sarcastic

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
This is unfortunate.

Disney condemns Hamas over TV show

The only surviving child of Walt Disney has called Hamas "pure evil" for turning Mickey Mouse into a propaganda tool for hate.

Diane Disney Miller said she was disgusted that a rip-off of the loveable cartoon character was being used on a new Hamas TV show to encourage Palestinian children to take up arms against Israel and America.

Ms Miller, 73, said it went "against the grain of humanity".

She told the New York Daily News: "Of course I feel personal about Mickey Mouse, but it could be Barney as well.

"It's not just Mickey, it's indoctrinating children like this, teaching them to be evil.

"The world loves children and this is just going against the grain of humanity."

Hamas's Al-Aqsa TV station started running the children's series, called Tomorrow's Pioneers, last month.

It features the life-size lookalike of Mickey Mouse called Farfur, who sings about youngsters arming themselves with AK-47s and striving for world domination "under Islamic leadership".

Ms Miller said: "What we're dealing with here is pure evil and you can't ignore that."

Farfur also tells children to pray and drink their milk.

Link

Something tells me not to talk about this ungoodthinkful subject (cough thoughtcrime cough).

I don't think we are encouraged to talk about terrorists-who-masquerade-as-muslims, it only makes for divisiveness and besides as non arabic speaking non muslim proles it is none of our business to discuss something as complicated as hamas or Mickey Mouse. Anyway who knows it could all be malquoted misprints (except the part about praying and drinking milk) the gatekeepers just didn't catch it in time.

Translation: Your post is doubleplusungood. It may be good for you to go to joycamp for a while. Before the thinkpol finds out about your crimethink and you find yourself an unperson.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Something tells me not to talk about this ungoodthinkful subject (cough thoughtcrime cough).

I don't think we are encouraged to talk about terrorists-who-masquerade-as-muslims, it only makes for divisiveness and besides as non arabic speaking non muslim proles it is none of our business to discuss something as complicated as hamas or Mickey Mouse. Anyway who knows it could all be malquoted misprints (except the part about praying and drinking milk) the gatekeepers just didn't catch it in time.

Translation: Your post is doubleplusungood. It may be good for you to go to joycamp for a while. Before the thinkpol finds out about your crimethink and you find yourself an unperson.

I'm a big 1984 fan...:D

I think I am due for a visit to the Ministry of Love.... aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh