• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinian killed by IDF as dozens infiltrate Gush Katif

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Palestinian killed by IDF as dozens infiltrate Gush Katif

One Palestinian demonstrator was killed and three wounded by IDF gunfire after scores of Palestinians from Khan Younis, some brandishing Hamas flags, broke through the eastern side of the central Gush Katif security fence near Neveh Dekalim and swarmed towards IDF forces early Tuesday evening. Some of the youths carried wire cutters that they used to cut through the security fence, while others raced toward an IDF tank and climbed onto it.

Israeli security officials were checking why, despite submitting requests to Palestinian security forces to intervene and halt the demonstrators, several Palestinian policemen deployed at the site failed to interfere. The demonstration was carefully planned, Israeli security officials said, noting the existence of local photographers who had obviously received word of the demonstrators' intentions. "It was an act of clear provocation," one official said. Israeli officials said they do not believe the incident would cause a delay in next week's pullout, but stressed the need for the Palestinian Authority to maintain control. It was the first incident of its kind since the evacuation of the Gaza settlements.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1125973153253

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Ah, so the sacrifice did not achieve the wonderful harmony that was worth stabbing The settlers in the back for.....:banghead3

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Israel is in a tough place, I pray the gods will give them strength, courage and wisdom.

alowyn

i'm not surprised, with or without the disengagement there would have been fighting. the only thing that will stop the conflicts is just learning to work together. I've been thinking how that could ever work, and then it came to me in a dream... (yes, it's still very idealistic and never going to happen, but i STILL believe this is the only thing that can bring peace)
if the Palestinian Authority controlled their borders and put their efforts in preventing attacks, instead of the IDF feeling that they must destroy Hamas and everything in their way, Palestinians and Israelis may start to coexist.

Yes, yes, i know. I'll go back to my little pink cloud, now...

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
michel said:
Ah, so the sacrifice did not achieve the wonderful harmony that was worth stabbing The settlers in the back for.....
No one stabbed the settlers in the back.
No one thought the disengagement would bring harmony.