• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestianian atheist arrested

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Uhh really? So If Im in your country and I believe that homosexuality should be eradicated in the light of my belief, would your country allow me that?

No, but it would allow you to voice your opinion about it, which is really what we're discussing here.

There always are minorities in most countries and they abide by the land of the law, and they move when its too for much for them to take it, without resorting to cheap publicity tactics.

You mean like publicity tactics like this?

You should stop taking yourself too seriously really, its quite interesting how people of your ideology have the world domination plans, its actually really umm, interesting if not insane :)

In case you are somehow confused, atheism doesn't have an ideology.
If you are talking about me personally, I certainly have no plans for world domination.

As for my ideology, I go by what the evidence tells me. It works pretty well actually.
Perhaps you should try it sometime? :D

Really, Do you have any figures though?

Demographics of atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Polls and Studies | Secular Student Alliance: Atheists, Humanists, Agnostics & Others

its interesting how its happening in christian majority countries only, or the countries with the top crime rates, like US for instance. Nice claims, looking forward to see you save the world one day.

Norway, Denmark and Sweden, arguably some of the most atheist countries in the world, happens to also have some of the lowest crime statistics in the world. So, yeah, I guess it actually would be rather great if we took over the world. ;)

Last edited:
It's interesting that the one has to address everyone by his country; Britain, Canada, Norway and USA...it's tiring also. :eek:
In my own defense, I was talking about the USA because you brought it up and made inaccurate characterizations about it, and I happen to live here so I have some first-hand knowledge. I've seen people justify Hamas attacks. I'm still not sure your last post was 100% accurate but for everyone else's sake I agree to move on. :)

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Norway, Denmark and Sweden, arguably some of the most atheist countries in the world, happens to also have some of the lowest crime statistics in the world. So, yeah, I guess it actually would be rather great if we took over the world. ;)

Most of the people in the US prison system identify as Christian, not atheist. Just throwing that out there.

Starsoul

Truth
No, but it would allow you to voice your opinion about it, which is really what we're discussing here.
difference being that muslims are people of action beyond their voice. After Voicing one's opinion and exhibiting a calm protest, which in practical has shown to have no effect on the abusive non-believers, is a favorable strategy to keep the victimized side shut, controlled and ineffectual in their beliefs. Once again, you fail to accept the difference in ideologies, and i find that an attempt to imprint your thought on another belief, sorry won't work. You can't refute an ideology with 'No ideology'. :D

You mean like publicity tactics like this?
Link doesnt work.

In case you are somehow confused, atheism doesn't have an ideology.
If you are talking about me personally, I certainly have no plans for world domination.
having no ideology, is an ideology, empty though but lets give you the honor of having something close to an ideology.
As for my ideology, I go by what the evidence tells me. It works pretty well actually.
Perhaps you should try it sometime?
Sure, I try it all the time, evidence tells me that I witness a lot of people jump like apes, eat bananas and do animalish things, though i dont believe that man came from apes, but in spirit sometimes, some people leave nothing else desirable as to the explanation for their origin. I doubt though if you have seen a moneky ever turn into a man? Do inform me if such an evidence is caught in your book of evidences ever.

Norway, Denmark and Sweden, arguably some of the most atheist countries in the world, happens to also have some of the lowest crime statistics in the world. So, yeah, I guess it actually would be rather great if we took over the world.
violent and weapons-related crimes are growing in frequency and receiving intense media coverage. These crimes usually occur in areas known to have drug trafficking and gang problems, such as certain parts of eastern Oslo. Reports have shown an increase in rape in Norway, with parts of eastern Oslo, such as Grünerlokka, being an area of particular concern when it comes to this violent crime.
hmm decreasing crime? I'm sure as compared to Us, norway is far behind.

Growing no. of athiests? yeah but still lower than the Christians, actually only 2.3% of the world can be deemed as athiests according to a very loose stretch of demographic evidence, going by that rate, I'm sure athiests must work a couple of thousand years before they reach anywhere significant, to dream of world domination, unless ofcorse a better idea is that they join the Jews ;)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
maybe thats because athiests amount to only 0.4% in america?
Christians (and Muslims) are represented in prison disproportionate to their percentage of the general population, and atheists under-represented. And atheists are more like 10-15% of the U.S. population than .4%. Where do you get your information from? It's so off.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Growing no. of athiests? yeah but still lower than the Christians, actually only 2.3% of the world can be deemed as athiests according to a very loose stretch of demographic evidence, going by that rate, I'm sure athiests must work a couple of thousand years before they reach anywhere significant, to dream of world domination, unless ofcorse a better idea is that they join the Jews ;)

No wonder your views are so mistaken; your facts are all wrong. Or maybe it's the other way around. As you can see from this chart, about 16% of the world's people are non-religious. This is also one of the fastest-growing groups, and without either a high birth rate or any organized efforts at conversion.

rel_pie.gif

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Christians (and Muslims) are represented in prison disproportionate to their percentage of the general population, and atheists under-represented.
I don't think that's entirely true.

All the conclusions I've seen like this were either based on that 1930s US prison survey with very few atheists (and zero Muslims!), or they don't count any of the "don't know/refuse to answer" respondents as atheists, which seems unreasonable to me.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
difference being that muslims are people of action beyond their voice. After Voicing one's opinion and exhibiting a calm protest, which in practical has shown to have no effect on the abusive non-believers, is a favorable strategy to keep the victimized side shut, controlled and ineffectual in their beliefs. Once again, you fail to accept the difference in ideologies, and i find that an attempt to imprint your thought on another belief, sorry won't work. You can't refute an ideology with 'No ideology'. :D

And this from someone who complains that foreign forces enter Muslim countries and impose their ideology. I guess you think it's only ok when Muslims do it?
Seriously, do you think the way to go here is some twisted version of "might makes right"? Because before you do I want you to think really hard about what would happen if Europe and the US actually thought of the Muslim countries as a real threat.
Hint: From a military and/or economic perspective there is no Muslim country, or gathering thereof, that even vaguely compares to neither Europe nor the US. If I were you I'd try rational discussion instead...

Link doesnt work.

Works fine for me, but in either case I think the picture from the article says all that needs saying. It was taken in London by the way.

toon1.jpg

having no ideology, is an ideology, empty though but lets give you the honor of having something close to an ideology.

The fact that atheism is not an ideology does not mean that atheists don't have ideologies. In fact I think you will find that they have many and sometimes differing ideologies, depending on the atheist in question.

Sure, I try it all the time, evidence tells me that I witness a lot of people jump like apes, eat bananas and do animalish things, though i dont believe that man came from apes, but in spirit sometimes, some people leave nothing else desirable as to the explanation for their origin. I doubt though if you have seen a moneky ever turn into a man? Do inform me if such an evidence is caught in your book of evidences ever.

Oh man... You're a creationist too? This is priceless...
I'd love to show you what an ignorant position that is, but unfortunately that is not for this tread.

hmm decreasing crime? I'm sure as compared to Us, norway is far behind.

See for yourself.

The index is rated as homicides per 100.000 citizens.
The lowest average in any part of the world is found in West and Central Europe and comes to 1.5.

The index for Norway is 0.6.
Which means that it is one of the lowest in the world.

Well, it certainly seems to have spooked you. ;)

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Meanwhile, in Pakistan, a Christian woman was sentenced to death for allegedly insulting Muhammed, which she denies. Her family is now in hiding, fearing that angry Muslims will kill her if the President grants a pardon.

Seems like the situation is pretty bad in Pakistan as well.

Still haven't heard from certain participants here whether they approve of these laws or not.

Starsoul

Truth
No wonder your views are so mistaken; your facts are all wrong. Or maybe it's the other way around. As you can see from this chart, about 16% of the world's people are non-religious. This is also one of the fastest-growing groups, and without either a high birth rate or any organized efforts at conversion.

rel_pie.gif
Exactly, with half of the 16% thiestic without a religion, and among the rest, the pure athiestic kind standing at only 2.5% as the study said, apart from the nonreligions, agnostics, mysticism, communism, spiritualism, humanism, and all small variations.

Starsoul

Truth
And this from someone who complains that foreign forces enter Muslim countries and impose their ideology. I guess you think it's only ok when Muslims do it?
Name one example when muslims have invaded any of these countries to impose their ideas. In case you didnt notice, Its not us who need forceful imposition to influence our rule on people, Islam spreads without boundaries, it wins the hearts, not the resources. And as it happens, we are naturally gifted with plenty of natural resources. Thats another debate as to how do all the resources end up in Us, Eu and anywhere else except the needy muslim countries.

Seriously, do you think the way to go here is some twisted version of "might makes right"? Because before you do I want you to think really hard about what would happen if Europe and the US actually thought of the Muslim countries as a real threat.
Not at all, its you and all those who sided with your thinking voicing that 'there should be no islamic countries' who believe that. Now unless you use an atomic bomb or impose a colossal war to get to that wishful aim, is another thing, i only said that, by the number of the muslim population, its a very far fetched idea that a minority athiestic secular believing authority will find easy acceptance on the muslim lands without any significant resistance, even if they used soft tempting , showers of economic aids.

This is what is actually happening right NOW, that most muslim govts. are allies with the Us and Europe owing to the minimal economic aid they get out of them apart from the protection they enjoy by the big powers in support of their rule. The major chunk of the aid unfortunately being usurped entirely at the top corrupt level, having no impact on the actual economy.

Whats the next paln? People are already fed up of the corruption and insensitivity of the corrupt elitist govt. i don't think all the drama is lasting any long. And then there's unjustified crackdown on some muslims lands all over the world, how long do you think the power show by the violent oppressors is going to last?

Hint: From a military and/or economic perspective there is no Muslim country, or gathering thereof, that even vaguely compares to neither Europe nor the US. If I were you I'd try rational discussion instead...
Who's denying the comparison to the economic hit europe and Us right now? And who says that muslim countries look forward to such a collapsing system? lets assume Us is the most prosperous country in the world, its govt. with a very productive, profitable economy. You do know however how deeply indebted the US govt is. The gross debt amounting to 1.9 trillion dollars, increasing every year. Who suffers then? the people who are heavily taxed for the magnanimous expenditures incurred in wars, defense systems, funding of NASA, security agencies, and etc.

The Us govt. literally drinks the blood of its people by exorbitant taxes. Most people live their lives indebted one way or they other, who wants that kind of system? Not me. On the other hand, there are several very good measures running in the system which are very much in line with the Islamic systme, i.e the social security system, but in Islam that goes without exorbitant taxes.

And now coming to Afghanistan, it has no economy, do i need to list the reasons? But i do need to point out, that the system incorporated in the entire west , although has several merits, but is Not what we look forward to, If we lift up our economy.

The islamic system basically empowers the public so much, that the greedy, power drunk elites forming the govts. of the muslim countries at this point are not in favour of it. The Islamic Caliphates centuries ago, were fine examples of it, where the head of the state was probably the poorest man in the state, inspite of being highly learned and highly capable of running a system. Can any other nation mirror that? I don't think so.

The scale of success, justice and prosperity are entirely different for the muslims, heads of the state in this day, enforce their impression through show of money, army, weapon and defence systems. The epitome of an Islamic system, is the prosperity of people and the prevalence of justice in the society. That is not currently being followed since sharia is not being followed anywhere at the moment, and there is a lot of injustice in the muslim world at public level.

Works fine for me, but in either case I think the picture from the article says all that needs saying. It was taken in London by the way.

toon1.jpg
Ahh what a peaceful quiet protest, i thought you had nothing against freedom of speech! :p but really, this is just a scare tactic, with strong disapproval from the muslim side in the same article,
"While strongly condemning the publication of these caricatures, we also unequivocally condemn those who are urging violent protests or inciting hatred against others," Hizb-ut-Tahrir spokesman Imran Waheed told PA.
The organization held a less aggressive protest in London on Saturday, which passed off without incident.

Oh man... You're a creationist too? This is priceless...
I'd love to show you what an ignorant position that is, but unfortunately that is not for this tread.
Would love that, lets just time it in heaven some place, while having tea with God at my side, I and God would have a lot of time at our hands to see how you prove against the creation while you are down there in, err a different place. I'm serious, If you promise to stick to your explanation and prove it to me in the afterlife, i'm up for it. I doubt though at that time you will even remember what evolution is. :confused:, oh but i guess darwin will be around there to help you figure.

Well, it certainly seems to have spooked you. ;)
Lol, there's nothing much to fear from athiests, harmless people, who firmly believe in the right of offensive speech, no threat from them, they have sufficient self limiting threats within themselves, homosexuality for instance ;)

:curtsy:

kai

ragamuffin
Name one example when muslims have invaded any of these countries to impose their ideas.

Kust a quick thought with a quick answer ---- any country outside of Arabia between 632-1923

Starsoul

Truth
Kust a quick thought with a quick answer ---- any country outside of Arabia between 632-1923

? I was talking about 'contries', Not States and previous Empires, the context is only country vs. country. Comparing previous empires is an altogether different discussion, where facts from all the empires maybe considered unverified, due to a huge difference between the historians accounts from all sides but anyhow here's some,

The integration of minorities into the Ottoman Empire such as Jews and Christians into every level of society; i.e. military, government, business and so on allowed a sense of unity to a certain extent and allowed the most qualified individuals to contribute their part for the Empire- wiki
The principal behind the expansion said to be the realization of islam by the people after viewing Islam as a just religion based on utmost justice, benevolence and equity. And sensing that accepting Islam would help them lead a better life.

Owing to strict enforcement of laws in the Islamic States of Makkah and Madinah, many people from other places requested the Muslims to take over their land and extend the golden principles of Islam top their land.

The greatest source of expansion was the acceptance of Islam by the rulers and kings. After their acceptance, their territories were automatically added to the Muslim Empire.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/

Disclaimer: Could be variations in different narrations of historians.

This is roughly the Political framework of Islam.
The Political Framework Of Islam

kai

ragamuffin
? I was talking about 'contries', Not States and previous Empires, the context is only country vs. country. Comparing previous empires is an altogether different discussion, where facts from all the empires maybe considered unverified, due to a huge difference between the historians accounts from all sides but anyhow here's some,

I said countries?

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/

Disclaimer:
Could be variations in different narrations of historians.

This is roughly the Political framework of Islam.
The Political Framework Of Islam

indeed there could,indeed there could.

Last edited:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Exactly, with half of the 16% thiestic without a religion, and among the rest, the pure athiestic kind standing at only 2.5% as the study said, apart from the nonreligions, agnostics, mysticism, communism, spiritualism, humanism, and all small variations.
And what study might that be?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Ahh what a peaceful quiet protest, i thought you had nothing against freedom of speech! :p but really, this is just a scare tactic, with strong disapproval from the muslim side in the same article

Freedom of speech doesn't protect direct threats or direct inciting of violence in any country as far as I'm aware. Making a sign that says essentially "Kill people who do X" isn't protected speech and in my opinion probably shouldn't be protected for very good and very obvious reasons.

Lol, there's nothing much to fear from athiests, harmless people, who firmly believe in the right of offensive speech, no threat from them, they have sufficient self limiting threats within themselves, homosexuality for instance ;)

:curtsy:

Homosexuality isn't a "threat" in any sense. If anything it's greatly beneficial for providing loving parents to orphans and other children in desperate need of adopted parents.

On top of that, atheism has nothing to do with homosexuality -- nor does religion, other than some religions adopting a needless homophobic view that's led to the misery of thousands of people guilty of nothing other than being attracted to someone the community around them disapproves of.

Being an atheist doesn't make a person more likely to be homosexual: there are homosexuals in every religion and non-religion. Atheists just aren't as likely to condemn them for being who they are for no rational reason like some religious folks do. Homosexuality is a victimless "crime" to the religious: the only reason it's "wrong" is because it's claimed to be in various religious texts; but then again so is eating shellfish. Most people are fine with eating shellfish now (even those who have religious texts abolishing the consumption of shellfish) but the condemnation of homosexuality sticks around probably because people who aren't homosexual sometimes find it "disgusting."

Well, it's a good thing most people have more sense than to make peoples' lives a living hell just because something about them "disgusts" other people, or this would be an ugly world indeed. Homophobes could learn something from this fact, and I hope that homophobes never have to experience what it's like to be victimized by someone like themselves.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Ahh what a peaceful quiet protest, i thought you had nothing against freedom of speech! :p but really, this is just a scare tactic, with strong disapproval from the muslim side in the same article,

Its only freedom of speech when you're a minority.

When you're the majority its called being racist.

This is reason enough to stop the flood to the west. Why should we put up with death threats?