• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pakistani man accused of insulting Islam killed in court

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Killing and demanding silence are unreasonable and not compatible with free soeech.
And Hedbo wasnt insulting Islam. They were insulting extremists. Thats a crucial thing to understand. If Muslims want to get upset, they need to get upset at their fellow Muslims who are extremist bungholes who prompted the cartoons in tue first place. But true colors were shown as France stood up for free speech while Muslim radicals murdered over a cartoon.
I agree. Well said

You are aware of that to draw Muhammad is against Islam, and when done it will rase anger from some but maybe not all Muslims, is it then wrong of Muslims to say that it is wrong?
So, what "if it will raise anger in Muslims". Deal with it, I would say. Esp. if you claim to be spiritual

Would be dumm if we let "Muslims who are unable to control their anger" rule over us.
Lesson one in spiritual life = "Control your senses, especially your anger"

Mike.Hester

So you're seriously saying that speaking against the prophet Muhammad is equal to a charge like those mentioned in the U.S. law you quoted?
  • "levies war against"
  • "adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort"
Those who DO NO MORE THAN SPEAK against Muhammad are your "enemies?" As in, you are seeking to defeat them? What does it mean to wage war against these types of "enemies" in your estimation?
It is not mocking the prophet of peace by objectively pointing out his shortcomings per the Hadith and Koran> ownership of slaves, hatred towards Jews, marriage to his adopted sons wife and a child bride of 9 years of age, referring to Ethiopians as raisin heads, a women's word is only worth half compared to a man>just to name a few. All holy prophets have their shortcomings.

Mike.Hester

You guys in America has that one yes. But no reason to be racist or hater
By the way does the 1st Amendment count for American Muslims too? Or just for some?
So if a person supports freedom of speech, he is a racist? Freedom of speech applies to everyone.

Piculet

Well, guys. In today's newspaper they say that this person was an American citizen who happened to be visiting Pakistan, the country of his origin. The news paper used the words 'lured into Pakistan'. I hope you are aware of that. Sometimes we get marginal news late. He was sure a fool to return to Pakistan after what he said.
What's the name of the newspaper?

Piculet

They drew Muhammad. I am very certain they were ridiculing extremists. Just because they did ot doesn't mean you have to or should take it personally.
I wouldn't take it personally, but I would do what I could to prevent them from spreading the image and to get them to take responsibility for what they've done.