• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pakistani man accused of insulting Islam killed in court

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes Muslims can be white, I was talking about the none Muslim white people.
Blasphemy is never ok. In my view.
So it's wrong for me to deny the existence of God, Allah, Lakshmi, etc?
Should there be legal sanctions against such speech?

Blasphemy is good. Religious folk shouldn't be able to
impose their faith upon others without facing criticism of it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
So it's wrong for me to deny the existence of God, Allah, Lakshmi, etc?
Should there be legal sanctions against such speech?
You are free to not believe in any God, Allah, Lakshmi. But if you are expecting people to say to you, it is no problem that you do not believe. Why should it then be ok for you or other none believers to mock something you do not believe in?

Should it not be same for both sides, after all many atheists say the " hate" Islam because some of them are a little pushy to convert others.

Atheists want more people to become atheists, in my experience. So no not everyone is like that ( on both sides)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
A young Pakistani man has walked into a courtroom in the north-western city of Peshawar and shot and killed a fellow Muslim who was on trial for blasphemy, a police officer has said.

It was not immediately clear how the assailant, identified as Khalid Khan, managed to get into the court amid tight security. The attacker was subsequently arrested.

The man on trial, Tahir Shamim Ahmad, had claimed he was Islam's prophet and was arrested two years ago on blasphemy charges, according to Azmat Khan, the police officer.

Mr Ahmad died before he could be transported to hospital.

I would say: IF the killer is not put to justice (imprisonment for many years) Sharia Law insults Islam

stvdv

A young Pakistani man has walked into a courtroom in the north-western city of Peshawar and shot and killed a fellow Muslim who was on trial for blasphemy, a police officer has said.

It was not immediately clear how the assailant, identified as Khalid Khan, managed to get into the court amid tight security. The attacker was subsequently arrested.

The man on trial, Tahir Shamim Ahmad, had claimed he was Islam's prophet and was arrested two years ago on blasphemy charges, according to Azmat Khan, the police officer.

Mr Ahmad died before he could be transported to hospital.

IMO:
This is very bad, and proves there is something terribly wrong in some Islamic countries. Of course the killer is wrong to kill, but Sharia Law is also wrong to sentence blasphemers to death. They are the ones creating such monsters that kill blasphemers, by brainwashing this evil into the Muslims

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You are free to not believe in any God, Allah, Lakshmi. But if you are expecting people to say to you, it is no problem that you do not believe. Why should it then be ok for you or other none believers to mock something you do not believe in?
Let them mock me.
But blasphemy is not always about mocking.
My being here discussing my disbelief is blasphemy too.
We shouldn't be opposing civil free speech.
Should it not be same for both sides, after all many atheists say the " hate" Islam because some of them are a little pushy to convert others.
Islamic governments have indeed exhibited a propensity
for oppressing people who openly believe differently.
Atheists want more people to become atheists, in my experience. So no not everyone is like that ( on both sides)
I have no desire to convert you to atheism.

stvdv

I would say: IF the killer is not put to justice (imprisonment for many years) Sharia Law insults Islam

What has sharia law to do with it?

Pakistan has Sharia Law:
*) Sharia was declared the Supreme Law of Pakistan in the 1991
*) Islam is said to be the Religion of Peace

I thought my reply was more than clear. I can't make it any more clear.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Let them mock me.
But blasphemy is not always about mocking.
My being here discussing my disbelief is blasphemy too.
We shouldn't be opposing civil free speech.

Islamic governments have indeed exhibited a propensity
for oppressing people who openly believe differently.

I have no desire to convert you to atheism.
I agree that free speech should be natural and good. But the strange thing is that when it comes to Islam, homosexual issues, morality, and so on, then suddenly it is not free speech anymore, so where is the line of what is ok to say and what is not ok to say?

I do not believe human beings can agree

Daemon Sophic

The difference is that atheists and agnostics don’t use fear, violence, and death as our tools to disseminate our thoughts to those who disagree with us. We hold discussions and present evidence.

To use murder as a way to convince the survivors to convert is violent mob-rule, not a religion. To say that anyone who so much as speaks out against my way of thought is to be beaten, imprisoned, and/or killed, makes me nothing more than a petty thug or bully. A dangerous and homicidal bully.
This point is not up for debate, it is a definition.

Perhaps we can agree that speaking out against people of another belief system is rude. Sure. But criminal? Dangerously criminal on par with being an arsonist or pedophilic rapist, or serial killer? No.

You say I’m free to not worship Allah....but what about my sister-in-law. She grew up Muslim but isn’t anymore. Should she be beaten to death?
You want things to be equal, right? Well, if I knew a friend that had previously been an ardent atheist, but now they follow the teachings of Muhammad regarding Allah. Then :shrug:. I’d be happy to talk to them about why they changed their minds if they so desired. Not pull a gun and execute my former friend.

So you do see how it is no way equal, right? Please say yes.

Piculet

when norms become questioned and held to the scrutiny of critical thought and science, as well as advances in the humanities.
After the scrutiny of critical thought women realised they don't need to wear clothes in public? ..could it be that the human intelligence has varied during the last 10 000 years and women add clothing and take it off depending on the current average iq of man?

Piculet

The difference is that atheists and agnostics don’t use fear, violence, and death as our tools to disseminate our thoughts to those who disagree with us. We hold discussions and present evidence.
That's not true. Religious people do face violence from non-religious people due to their religiousness.