• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pakistani judge orders blasphemy probe against organisers of Women's Day march

danieldemol

Premium Member
'ISLAMABAD/PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - A judge in the Pakistani city of Peshawar ordered police on Friday to open an investigation into the organisers of a march marking International Women’s Day over allegations they committed blasphemy.

Police in Islamabad had previously refused to open a case, saying the allegations were based on fake social media posts after doctored images and video from the March 8 event went viral...

...Protests calling for vigilante violence against the march organisers followed the social media storm and on March 12 the Pakistan Taliban issued a statement threatening the activists.'

Source: Pakistani judge orders blasphemy probe against organisers of Women's Day march

The doctored clip of the women's march has been widely debunked, but it seems that those who are calling for blasphemy charges have no interest in truthfulness whatsoever in my opinion.

I think whoever first released the doctored images and clip on social media should be charged with slander and hate speech.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I think whoever first released the doctored images and clip on social media should be charged with slander and hate speech
Seems to me that the goverment with these Laws is the cause of all the violence

Blasphemy is punishable by death in Pakistan, and although no executions have been carried out, suspects are often killed by vigilantes.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Because it isn't Islamic. Muslims don't need a special day for women. Their value is the same throughout the year.

But I'm not seeing where its anti-Islamic, either. So I would think one could celebrate it, though wouldn't be required to.

Shakeel

But I'm not seeing where its anti-Islamic, either. So I would think one could celebrate it, though wouldn't be required to.
It is imitating the disbelievers and is an innovation. Therefore, it is not permissable to celebrate it.

epronovost

Because it isn't Islamic. Muslims don't need a special day for women. Their value is the same throughout the year.

And value is definitely "less than men" and that's why celebration of the feminist struggle is poorly seen in most of the muslim world. These are very patriarchal societies and religious leaders are the foremost defender of that state of being.