• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pakistan wants "Freedom to Kill Freedom of Speech" in name of "Freedom of Religion"

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I wouldn't be surprised if this happened either. Hopefully next time the organisers will be brave enough to ignore the threat of barbarian attack.

What's at stake here isn't just freedom of speech or Muslims' freedom of religion to force their beliefs on the rest of us - it's about freedom from religion i.e. the notion that we should not have to live our lives according to the laws of a religion we do not adhere to.

You summarized it very nice with your 9 points. Thank you.

I do think it was very good G.Wilders stopped the contest. First of all he showed these Muslims how to behave. G.Wilders has been threatened for 10 years and under protection 24/7. He cancelled because these Muslims threatened to kill all politicians and all Dutchmen. Not for himself.

"I hope the organisers will be brave enough to ignore the threat of barbarian attack".
It feels better to say "I hope next time the the whole world will act strong, as one, against this horrible barbarian attack by these Muslims."
[But this will take time. Westerners are bound too much by political correctness IMO]

By stopping the contest these Muslims showed their real face. No sorry, not acknowledging this kind of threat about "a painting" is overkill and leading to crimes.
So they gave us proof of what they are up to in regard to imposing on the world their religious rules. Good to know for the West. Can't ignore it anymore IMO.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I really don't get you guys' logic.
I don't get your logic either. It is VERY simple. As a Muslim you should acknowledge "Muslims should not impose their rituals/religion on others AND kill-threat is sick"
May I remind you: You want to forbid us to "draw Muhammad" in OUR country. How about we forbid you to write in Koran "Jesus is NOT the son of God" in YOUR country.
You mess with the Christian version of Jesus and get upset if we "draw Muhammad". I think your sacrilege is way bigger than the Christian one. And Muslims started this.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Pakistan forced Geert Wilders to cancel Muhammad Cartoon Contest by "murder threat"

1 Amsterdam Imaam called to protect Geert Wilders, but Muslim organisation CMO did not agree (spoiler 6)

Personally I think Freedom of Speech should not be used to irritate on purpose. But the issue here is 10.000 Muslims so full of hate that they don't see that using an "atom bomb" is overkill to express their unhappiness with a "relatively harmless drawing of Muhammad".

In Pakistan 10.000 protested [maybe 1% of the 1 million total who agree]. Is it still terrorists only?
Pakistan Leader tells the world "If I had an atom bomb I would remove Holland from the earth" [spoiler 9)].
I never hear 10.000 protest against these kind of things in the Islam/Koran; of course extremist protest more.

What do you think about Freedom of Speech? [A few questions come to mind]:
a) Is Freedom of Speech okay when it offends Muslims as in this case "Muhammad Cartoon Contest"?
b) Is Freedom of Speech still okay when it evokes "murder threats"? [compare with US man in spoiler 3)]
c) Is it "responsible act of the West" to allow blasphemy[Koran] leading to "murder threats" by Muslims?
d) Is it correct that G.Wilders stopped Contest? Should we change this Law or obey to demands "terrorists"?
e) Should Freedom of Speech/Religion be re-evaluated [Law + highest Imaam + Pope] before/after killings?
f) Are "murder threats" Pakistan acts of "terrorism"? How to solve this internationally? [see also spoiler 8)]
g) If 10.000 Pakistani join protest to "kill G.Wilders" is this still Islamists only?

h) Should Muslims have the right to impose their Sharia Law onto other countries (by threatening to kill)?
i) Should there be a kind of International Law forbidding Muslims to make these kinds of murder threats?
j) Should head of Imaams speak out against this kill threat [See below]? Say nothing conveys agreeing?

Most interesting argument IMO is made in number 6) below in spoiler [under the titel "Political gain"]
Political gain
The Contact Body Muslims and Government (CMO) does not call for the protection of Wilders. "That is the task of the authorities", says chairman Halil Karaaslan

[This Feels like "not taking responsibility for this horrible threat. We talk about "Muslim community in Pakistan ordering to murder Dutch politicians in cold blood because of a Drawing Context in Holland for God's sake". No Paris regrets nor internationally Muslim responsibility I see]

1) Pakistani man arrested for threatening to kill dutch politcian Geert Wilders
Pakistani man arrested for threatening to kill Dutch politician visited anti-Israel event - Jewish Telegraphic Agency

2) Afghan taliban urges retaliation [10.000 protest. If this is 1% then 1 million think alike. Can't be terrorists only IMO]
Afghan Taliban Urges Retaliation for Planned Dutch Cartoon Contest

3) In US murder threat might cost you $250,000 fine + 5 year prison
US man 'threatened to shoot' reporters

4) Instead of admitting "Freedom to Kill against Freedom of Speech" is sick, they twist their real motives
Dutch cartoon contest and protests in Pakistan: All for show?

5) Because the lives of all Dutch people is in danger (threatened) Geert Wilders cancelled the contest.
Dutch anti-Islam lawmaker cancels Prophet cartoon contest

6) 1 Dutch Imaam (Amsterdam) asks Muslims to protect Geert Wilders
Google Translate

7) Paris Muslim shooting because of Muhammad cartoon context
Charlie Hebdo Shooting: 12 Killed at Muhammad Cartoons Magazine in Paris

8) Sick Pakistani reply on cancellation Cartoon constest [Islamists don't regret murder threat G.Wilder]
Pakistan Govt Celebrates Wilders Mohammed Cartoon Contest Cancellation

9) Dutch Pakistani kept quiet. Pakistan 10.000 protest. Leader "If atom bomb remove Holland from earth"]
Cartoon row sought to rile Dutch Muslims, but found only dignity

10) Was it wrong that G.Wilders was forced by "murder threat" Pakistan to stop the Cartoon Contest?
Geert Wilders is a bigot, but he should not have canceled his Prophet Mohammed cartoon event

how can we have freedom of religion; if we can't have freed to question and understand?

blind faith? if someone wants change, why are they asking someone to be the change they want?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Ah, a random guy on Youtube. Well I guess all of mainsteam history and archaeology has it wrong *eyeroll*

Even if it was true, do you honestly believe such a utopia is possible in Islamic controlled western countries.

What did the Iranian Islamists do to those that helped them gain power?

Where are the modern day examples of this golden age of Islam?

As you must know, Sharia is Allah’s law and as such cannot be changed so how could it be changed during this golden age?

BTW, the first video was 3:24 long and the second was 13:02, giving a total of more than 16 minutes yet you responded within 5 minutes. Was there a reason for not watching the second video?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Even if it was true, do you honestly believe such a utopia is possible in Islamic controlled western countries.

What did the Iranian Islamists do to those that helped them gain power?

Where are the modern day examples of this golden age of Islam?

As you must know, Sharia is Allah’s law and as such cannot be changed so how could it be changed during this golden age?

BTW, the first video was 3:24 long and the second was 13:02, giving a total of more than 16 minutes yet you responded within 5 minutes. Was there a reason for not watching the second video?
You're jumping around an awful lot. We were talking about a historical period, not about any modern context. You still don't know what sharia is, and I don't participate in debate by uncommentated youtube video.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Bit of a chicken/egg thing. Are we freer because we're more developed or more developed because we're freer? I've read compelling arguments that social progress is a pure function of technological advance.

That's an interesting question. The Ancient Greeks defined themselves as 'free people' - it can be argued the notion of citizenship was conceived around this very premise - and yet by our standards they were horribly oppressed; many Greek rulers were out-and-out tyrants.

Shad

Veteran Member
Pakistan forced Geert Wilders to cancel Muhammad Cartoon Contest by "murder threat"

1 Amsterdam Imaam called to protect Geert Wilders, but Muslim organisation CMO did not agree (spoiler 6)

Personally I think Freedom of Speech should not be used to irritate on purpose. But the issue here is 10.000 Muslims so full of hate that they don't see that using an "atom bomb" is overkill to express their unhappiness with a "relatively harmless drawing of Muhammad".

In Pakistan 10.000 protested [maybe 1% of the 1 million total who agree]. Is it still terrorists only?
Pakistan Leader tells the world "If I had an atom bomb I would remove Holland from the earth" [spoiler 9)].
I never hear 10.000 protest against these kind of things in the Islam/Koran; of course extremist protest more.

What do you think about Freedom of Speech? [A few questions come to mind]:
a) Is Freedom of Speech okay when it offends Muslims as in this case "Muhammad Cartoon Contest"?
b) Is Freedom of Speech still okay when it evokes "murder threats"? [compare with US man in spoiler 3)]
c) Is it "responsible act of the West" to allow blasphemy[Koran] leading to "murder threats" by Muslims?
d) Is it correct that G.Wilders stopped Contest? Should we change this Law or obey to demands "terrorists"?
e) Should Freedom of Speech/Religion be re-evaluated [Law + highest Imaam + Pope] before/after killings?
f) Are "murder threats" Pakistan acts of "terrorism"? How to solve this internationally? [see also spoiler 8)]
g) If 10.000 Pakistani join protest to "kill G.Wilders" is this still Islamists only?

h) Should Muslims have the right to impose their Sharia Law onto other countries (by threatening to kill)?
i) Should there be a kind of International Law forbidding Muslims to make these kinds of murder threats?
j) Should head of Imaams speak out against this kill threat [See below]? Say nothing conveys agreeing?

I am just going to provide a general answer instead of addressing each. Free speech trumps a religion and it's followers sensitivities. Do not like a cartoon? Do not look at it. Simple. None of the cartoons are calls to violence so are acceptable in general regardless of how many agree with what is said/drawn.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's an interesting question. The Ancient Greeks defined themselves as 'free people' - it can be argued the notion of citizenship was conceived around this very premise - and yet by our standards they were horribly oppressed; many Greek rulers were out-and-out tyrants.
It's hard to realize you aren't free when there is so much loud parroting of how free you are.

Kangaroo Feathers

And even the early practitioners of democracy like Athens were pretty oppressive.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Ah..... I think your post title should have referred to 'Freedom to Insult' rather than 'Freedom of Speech'.

I'm just wondering why anybody would deliberately go about trying to upset millions of folks like this?

Anyway, my freedom to speak (with RF rules?) is strongly pressuring me to suggest that Geert Wilders is an attention seeking, rather nasty minded, ummmm........ jerk. :shrug:

Notanumber

A Free Man
You're jumping around an awful lot. We were talking about a historical period, not about any modern context. You still don't know what sharia is, and I don't participate in debate by uncommentated youtube video.

We acquire knowledge by listening to knowledgeable people and then considering their evidence. The alternative is to blindly accept what we are told without question.

Why do you think that Islam demands the second option and calls anything else Blasphemy?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I look forward to your participation in the next "ZOMG! CHRISTIANS ARE BEING PERSECUTED!" thread next time someone promotes a non-Christian artwork.

Morning! ...ummm... ...sorry...... 'Evening!'
Ah yes....... Christians.
Now, my history lessons over the last decade or two suggest that Romans executed their convicts in agonising pain for as long as possible in a state of extreme demeaning shame and disgrace, and naked.
So......... what would happen if some idiot decided to hold a cartoon competition focused upon what Christ REALLY looked like on the cross?

Can you imagine the uproar? And yet folks think it's ok to deliberately insult a huge vast religion's prophet.

Demented.

I wish Geert Wilders a happy and contented and safe life, but if he has a few dreadful nightmares each night for a long time I personally won't be worrying about it.

Kangaroo Feathers

We acquire knowledge by listening to knowledgeable people and then considering their evidence. The alternative is to blindly accept what we are told without question.
You should apply a bit more critical thought about your sources
Why do you think that Islam demands the second option and calls anything else Blasphemy?
..,. because that's what all religions do?

Kangaroo Feathers

Morning! ...ummm... ...sorry...... 'Evening!'
Ah yes....... Christians.
Now, my history lessons over the last decade or two suggest that Romans executed their convicts in agonising pain for as long as possible in a state of extreme demeaning shame and disgrace, and naked.
So......... what would happen if some idiot decided to hold a cartoon competition focused upon what Christ REALLY looked like on the cross?

Can you imagine the uproar? And yet folks think it's ok to deliberately insult a huge vast religion's prophet.

Demented.

I wish Geert Wilders a happy and contented and safe life, but if he has a few dreadful nightmares each night for a long time I personally won't be worrying about it.
Well;
**** Christ - Wikipedia
Strelnikoff Mary of Help of Brezje controversy - Wikipedia
Bloody Mary (South Park) - Wikipedia

Kangaroo Feathers

Are your sources better than mine are?
yes
That is a wild claim if ever there was one. Which religions currently have the most blood on their hands?
Ha ha ha. Seriously? Anyway, how is that remotely relevant to what I said? Can you name a religion that DOESN'T consider proselytizing of other religions blasphemy?

But since you ask...

Considering events that occurred solely on command of church authorities, the number is arguably 100 millionish, and that's NOT taking into account the decimation of New World populations by means other than violence, or actions by predominantly Christian state actors not explicitly (but often justified by) Christianity.

Last edited:

PruePhillip

So who's pushing for open borders or sharia law here?

Refugee groups push for open borders.
We were seeing a doubling of "refugees" every 2 years.
Sharia law is tolerated, respected or given equal footing by politically
correct people. Same people ignore what Muslims are allowed to do
to other Muslims, even other people.

Kangaroo Feathers

Refugee groups push for open borders.
Do they? Like who?
We were seeing a doubling of "refugees" every 2 years.
Sharia law is tolerated, respected or given equal footing by politically
correct people. Same people ignore what Muslims are allowed to do
to other Muslims, even other people.
Sharia law is "tolerated" to the same extent that church canon law or Jewish rabbinical law is "tolerated". What do you think Muslims are allowed to do that other people aren't?