• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pakistan wants "Freedom to Kill Freedom of Speech" in name of "Freedom of Religion"

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
And they have also depicted Muhammad in the Super Best Friends episode, but that was before 9/11 back in a world when/where nobody cared or knew. Several years later they tried to portray him again but the network chickened out and censored it.
Did they? All I remember is him appearing with a large censored sign. Then again I was like 10 when 9/11 happened. So perhaps I was just too young to remember.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I disagree about the contest being a dick move. Draw Mohammed day began because a French satirical paper was attacked. This was a reminder of that evil act. No Muslim need or even should enter, but they only make matters worse for them by complaining. It is a reminder to all religions that they cannot threaten others.
I consider the Muhammad cartoons to be in honor of the Dead.

I consider it to be honoring those who died or were persecuted or imprisoned over depictions of Muhammad.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I disagree about the contest being a dick move. Draw Mohammed day began because a French satirical paper was attacked. This was a reminder of that evil act. No Muslim need or even should enter, but they only make matters worse for them by complaining. It is a reminder to all religions that they cannot threaten others.
Well it's still doing something you know will tick off others. It's a provocative statement done intentionally. Whilst I wholeheartedly condemn the attacks on said French Paper, it was still a dick move. Albeit with an admirable message underneath.
You can be a dick and still have some nobility.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well it's still doing something you know will tick off others. It's a provocative statement done intentionally. Whilst I wholeheartedly condemn the attacks on said French Paper, it was still a dick move. Albeit with an admirable message underneath.
You can be a dick and still have some nobility.
Sometimes one has to treat others as if they were a puppy in training and run their nose in it.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sometimes one has to treat others as if they were a puppy in training and run their nose in it.
That was how I renounced the Bible....I had to have atheists rub my nose in the crap...I had to have my faith bashed hard. So, perhaps muslims need the same?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Did they? All I remember is him appearing with a large censored sign. Then again I was like 10 when 9/11 happened. So perhaps I was just too young to remember.
Yeah. It first aired just two months before 9/11.
Super Best Friends - Wikipedia
The episode was written by series co-creator Trey Parker and is rated TV-MA in the United States. It depicts several religious figures, including Muhammad, whose appearance at the time of the original airing caused little to no controversy. Following Islamists' death threats regarding Muhammad's portrayal in the 2010 episode titled "201", the South Park Studios website no longer streams "Super Best Friends", nor is it available for streaming or purchase from online stores. The episode has been replaced on the South Park Studios with a notice: "We apologize that South Park Studios cannot stream Super Best Friends."[1] The episode was also featured in syndication, but was permanently removed after the threats.[citation needed] It is one of three episodes which are unavailable on Hulu, along with season 14's "200" and (the aforementioned) "201."
In 2005, cartoon depictions of Muhammad became more controversial during the Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy. The creators of South Park returned to this theme in later episodes, parodying censorship attempts and portraying Muhammad again in the 2006 episodes "Cartoon Wars Part I" and "Cartoon Wars Part II"[5] and again in the 2010 episode "200". Further controversy ensued, and one group, "Revolution Muslim", warned that South Park's creators would "probably wind up like Theo van Gogh".[6] Around this time, the original "Super Best Friends" episode was removed from the South Park Studios website.[5]
The episode was included in the re-release of the fifth season on Blu-ray, released on December 5, 2017.[8] This was the first time the episode was made available in HD, as the episode was not released alongside the rest of the season when it debuted in HD on iTunes in 2011.[9] The episode is shown in its original presentation, without Muhammad's image being obscured as in later episodes of the series.[10]
Muslims want to play with fire, but they don't want to get burned.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I agree. Though the affects can vary.
oh, stop the BS already.

I'm not saying you are full of it or nothing....

I just know what worked for me, and non-Christians being kind and not offending me would have never got me to renounce the Bible.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
oh, stop the BS already.

I'm not saying you are full of it or nothing....

I just know what worked for me, and non-Christians being kind and not offending me would have never got me to renounce the Bible.
So you're saying that every single human reacts the same way to such push and shove?
That it is entirely unreasonable to state that such approaches yield differing results? Really?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So you're saying that every single human reacts the same way to such push and shove?
That it is entirely unreasonable to state that such approaches yield differing results? Really?
I was giving you a bad time because I thought you took something. :p

It can cause kick back. It can cause aggression. However, it can cause people to question their beliefs, be insecure about them, and usually if a person has any chance of changing down the road, such methods increase the likelihood. I'd bet there are exceptions, but it is the general rule. We are creatures that often learn the same way other creatures learn when disciplined.

Some people will never change. But people that are open minded will actually be more likely to change if you use the feces in the nostrils method.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I was giving you a bad time because I thought you took something. :p

It can cause kick back. It can cause aggression. However, it can cause people to question their beliefs, be insecure about them, and usually if a person has any chance of changing down the road, such methods increase the likelihood. I'd bet there are exceptions, but it is the general rule. We are creatures that often learn the same way other creatures learn when disciplined.

Some people will never change. But people that are open minded will actually be more likely to change if you use the feces in the nostrils method.
S'all good.
I'm just hungover that's all.

I'm not saying I disagree with or indeed think such a method is unhelpful. Just pointing out that it doesn't always have the desired affect.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We are the only creature that uses corporal "discipline." Most humans, regardless their religious affiliations, they double down on their beliefs (religious, political, ecnomic, etc.) when those beliefs are attacked. For most people (and how I was able to shed my own deeply rooted Conservative Christian beliefs) it takes open arms and slowly feeding them seeds and nurturing those seeds until the roots take hold, and once roots have taken hold they begin to crack the foundations of faith. And of course someone who is just too zealous for their own good will not acknowledge the cracking foundation because it's not a possibility in their head. But over time these cracks can bring down even the most paragon examples (such as Mother Terese who abandoned god upon witnessing the savagery of the world and all the human suffering it contains).
But it goes without saying you aren't normal. Neither am I. Putting up with abuse from the world is what we know, and it's more normal when someone gives us a negative perspective. But "normal people" don't have the experience dealing with harsh and negative criticisms.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No, guys. You don't get the point. Drawing prophet Muhammad's face is not allowed in Islam. This does not have anything to do with "growing up". Cartoon is just a cartoon, yes, but that does not mean you have to reform other people's religion. It is like, you are changing a law in math just because you are PhD in Psychology.
You prove here only that you don't get the point. Islam imposes [by kill/nuke threats] onto Holland in this case "what to draw or not to draw". No PhD needed for this IMO.

The Muslims may be guilty in the second case but in this drawing case, really, it has happened before. They know the drill. Why repeat the hell-hole?
"May be guilty". Are you serious here. The word "may" is totally wrong. The Muslims ARE guilty making "murder threats" to G.Wilders + all politicians + Nuking Holland

cows are holy animals in Hinduism. Should a muslim person like me sacrifice a cow in front of the Hindus who happen to have migrated to my hometown and yell "Grow up, Hindus!"
Perfect example with which you show again "the problems many Muslims have". They only seem to know how to "Kill" when disagreeing [Holland is 20.000 km away for God's sake]

These "killer Muslims" do have to grow up, recognize their "sick" behavior wanting to "Kill" whoever disagrees with their believes.

Muslims better "start drawing" a picture of the cow NOT "killing" the cow to make their point

Last edited:

stvdv

we standardly portray Jesus in any number of way that are 'offensive' to believers. And they manage to tolerate such *because* they have learned the value of freedom of speech and of developing a thick skin when part of a diverse society.
I remember PopeADope recently posting Jesus picturing D.Trump. I have very "thin" skin + love Jesus + see D.T as Anti-Christ (Christ lies NOT]. But I could genuinely smile seeing the picture.

Yes, we have gone through this before. And those who over-react and issue threats will do so again. But my sympathies are with the artists and not with those who want conformity and restraints on speech like this.
We MUST continue to go over this "Muslim" problem again and again, until Muslims stop wanting to "kill" us over it.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I remember PopeADope recently posting Jesus picturing D.Trump. I have very "thin" skin + love Jesus + see D.T as Anti-Christ (Christ lies NOT]. But I could genuinely smile seeing the picture.

We MUST continue to go over and over this "Muslim" problem again and again, until they stop "killing" us over it.
I felt guilty about the Donald Trump Jesus picture.

I repented, because Jesus was love, humility, and peaceful. Donald Trump is not.

stvdv

Well if the contest was for Muslims to draw the Prophet's face, then you'd have a valid point.
He has a valid point to a certain degree. I will never join a religion which "kills me if I draw a picture of my Guru". In Hinduism drawing a picture is part of sadhana, expressing love. So all I see in Islam is "lack of love, lack of peace". In words they say "Islam means peace", but in actions they prove the opposite. I call this hypocrisy and proselytizing.

I agree that the contest is a dick move
But sometimes "we need a dick move to remove a dick move" like in "we need a thorn to remove a thorn"

stvdv

And the worst part is that Muslims do NOT openly acknowledge it is wrong when pointed out to them, like the Muslims so far in these posts. Just pointing finger at us. I must say we created this ourselves being too good, like @PopeADope said "believing Obama telling we should respect religion of peace". And letting these fanatic Muslims get away by calling us bigots etc.

Last edited:

stvdv

I would prefer that geert Wilder would be ruler of the whole European Union.
He is my favorite politician in the world.
I do like that G.Wilders is so alert on this Muslim problem in the world
But that G.Wilders likes D.Trump does worry me more than a bit
So I would rather not have him a "ruler" until he gets the D.T picture right