• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paid Off to Vote for Trump

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
How much money would you need to be paid to vote for Trump?
Fact is I refuse to commit publicly. Democrats would take advantage of it. Political parties are not our friends, and committing to a party equals selling your vote.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
hqdefault.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How much money would you need to be paid to vote for Trump?

$1000, $100,000 a million?

To be honest, I don't think the president is that crucial. We have the 2 other branches of government and the constitution to keep everything in check. If someone offered me $1000 to vote for Trump or Biden, sure.

If someone offered you 1 million to vote for Trump, would you? In four years you can elect someone else and you'd still have your million or whatever you spent it on.

Is there any amount that would get you to vote for Trump?

960x0.jpg
$100,000,000.
I want to leave the country anyways, and that would ensure I never go without needs, my family never goes without needs, and I "work" for fun and live very comfortably for the rest of my life.

PureX

Veteran Member
Funny you should mention this. The Democrats have been buying the welfare vote for a mere pittance...
That's a pretty laughable interpretation of democratic support for welfare vs republican intent to eliminate it.

Rational Agnostic

Again, that seems to be the difference between us. It's not that I think my one vote will be the deciding factor. It's about having principles and sticking with them even if it means passing up a million dollars. Because in principle if everyone decided that their one vote didn't matter and everyone took the million dollars, then idiot in the White House gets reelected and this nation is doomed. It's about having ethical values that you don't compromise in order to make a quick buck.

I guess I care more about practicalities than principles.

Rational Agnostic

That's just another way of saying you have no principles.

I suppose that may be true. I care about others and the practical consequences of my actions on others in the real world. But I can't say I really care about any abstract "principles" that have no effect on anyone in the real world.