• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paid Off to Vote for Trump

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Fine. Let those who see a problem open up more polling places rather than the reverse. Let them expand early voting not shut it down. Let them make election day a federal holiday so people don't get a pay cut for taking time off to vote. Let them spend money to make the polling places more sanitary by giving people free masks, providing handwashing stations and doing temperature testing at the door. Let them work to make the mail in process more robust to cut down on potential fraud.

How many of those who oppose mail voting are working for this? How loud are the sounds of crickets.

Now why would some seek to cut down on the number who vote? Could it be that they know the American people would vote against them and thus use any means to hold power.

The obvious and correct conclusion is that it's not about potential fraud but about grabbing and holding power. Think I'm wrong? Prove me wrong or STFU.

QuestioningMind

I don't think that's a rational position. The amount of good you could do with the money you got, for yourself, and for others, would be far more beneficial than one vote. Your vote is almost certain to not matter anyway.

I guess that's the difference between us. With me it's about the principles that founded this country and standing up for those ideals... not about my own personal gain. It's what genuine patriots do. Sadly you and others don't seem to comprehend the idea of putting the welfare of the nation above your own selfish interests.

Mitty

The USA isn't a democracy anyway. Who cares?
Tom
And that's because only 538 people are actually allowed to vote, and are free to vote for Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell or themselves if they choose.

How many of those 538 voters will vote for Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell this time or will they prefer to vote for younger choices instead of senile geriatrics?

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Fine. Let those who see a problem open up more polling places rather than the reverse. Let them expand early voting not shut it down. Let them make election day a federal holiday so people don't get a pay cut for taking time off to vote. Let them spend money to make the polling places more sanitary by giving people free masks, providing handwashing stations and doing temperature testing at the door. Let them work to make the mail in process more robust to cut down on potential fraud.

How many of those who oppose mail voting are working for this? How loud are the sounds of crickets.

Now why would some seek to cut down on the number who vote? Could it be that they know the American people would vote against them and thus use any means to hold power.

The obvious and correct conclusion is that it's not about potential fraud but about grabbing and holding power. Think I'm wrong? Prove me wrong or STFU.
Great ideas.... some are actually making that happen. (clean your ears so that you can hear more than crickets)

Nobody is seeking to cut down the number of votes. People are pushing to get non-citizens to vote. (prove me wrong)

Yes, on the holiday. Yes on polling places (which areas are short? we have plenty). No on the temperature unless you offer an option because they will miss their opportunity to vote. Yes on early voting.

And remember, it's love that never fails :)

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Democrats have been earning the vote of the poor by offering them real help.

Republicans have been doing the opposite by treating the "least" as sub-human slime.

Hahahaha...oh, wait....you're serious. The Democrats started "The Great Society" back in '63 which relegated minorities to, basically, inner city plantations. Tell me how having the lowest black unemployment rate ever is treating anyone as "sub-human slime" I'll wait....

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How much money would you need to be paid to vote for Trump?

$1000, $100,000 a million?

To be honest, I don't think the president is that crucial. We have the 2 other branches of government and the constitution to keep everything in check. If someone offered me $1000 to vote for Trump or Biden, sure.

If someone offered you 1 million to vote for Trump, would you? In four years you can elect someone else and you'd still have your million or whatever you spent it on.

Is there any amount that would get you to vote for Trump?

960x0.jpg

Well, it wouldn't matter much in my state, since it's a safe bet that Arizona will go for Trump. But I'll take a million if someone is willing to pay me. I might even be willing to take half a million, but I won't tell them that right away. I'm open to haggling.

But if they want me to vote for McSally, I won't take less than $5 million.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
How much money would you need to be paid to vote for Trump?

$1000, $100,000 a million?

To be honest, I don't think the president is that crucial. We have the 2 other branches of government and the constitution to keep everything in check. If someone offered me $1000 to vote for Trump or Biden, sure.

If someone offered you 1 million to vote for Trump, would you? In four years you can elect someone else and you'd still have your million or whatever you spent it on.

Is there any amount that would get you to vote for Trump?

960x0.jpg
I would honestly consider it. The individual vote in my state doesn't usually have a direct impact on the outcome. So... yeah, sure. I would vote for him for a years salary.

Daemon Sophic

.....Tell me how having the lowest black unemployment rate ever is treating anyone as "sub-human slime" I'll wait....
Because it wasn’t tRump or the pubs that got it that low.
Just like the rest of the economic coat-tails that tRump rode in on.
Thank you President Obama.
800.jpeg

C’mon @BSM1 , try throwing some heat. You know the economy always does better with Dems in office.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just wondering how deep the hatred for Trump goes.
I don't look at my dislike for Trump as hatred. If he were not POTUS, I would just utterly ignore him. There's a lot of ridiculous stupid con men out there. My main feeling about Trump is fear.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Because it wasn’t tRump or the pubs that got it that low.
Just like the rest of the economic coat-tails that tRump rode in on.
Thank you President Obama.
800.jpeg

C’mon @BSM1 , try throwing some heat. You know the economy always does better with Dems in office.
It is also going to spike for 2020, clearly. Which is a shame, it could have been mitigated.

Rational Agnostic

I guess that's the difference between us. With me it's about the principles that founded this country and standing up for those ideals... not about my own personal gain. It's what genuine patriots do. Sadly you and others don't seem to comprehend the idea of putting the welfare of the nation above your own selfish interests.

Again--you could do MORE for the welfare of the nation with a million dollars than you could by voting for Biden. That's the point that I think you're missing. Your vote by itself is not going to matter in practice. What you do with a million dollars could actually help someone. I guess that may be the difference between us. You seem to attach a huge significance to who you vote for, whereas I attach more significance to the practicality of how I could contribute to society with a million dollars. Not just myself, but more importantly OTHERS.

QuestioningMind

Again--you could do MORE for the welfare of the nation with a million dollars than you could by voting for Biden. That's the point that I think you're missing. Your vote by itself is not going to matter in practice. What you do with a million dollars could actually help someone. I guess that may be the difference between us. You seem to attach a huge significance to who you vote for, whereas I attach more significance to the practicality of how I could contribute to society with a million dollars. Not just myself, but more importantly OTHERS.

Nope... having a million dollars AFTER the traitor in the White House gets reelected so he can completely destroy this nation is NOT worth it. That's what's wrong with this country today. Everyone rants about their rights, but refuse to accept any responsibilities. If we had to fight WWII today we'd LOSE, because no one in the country is willing to make any sacrifices for the common good. Rather sad and pathetic that you don't see that.

Rational Agnostic

Nope... having a million dollars AFTER the traitor in the White House gets reelected so he can completely destroy this nation is NOT worth it. That's what's wrong with this country today. Everyone rants about their rights, but refuse to accept any responsibilities. If we had to fight WWII today we'd LOSE, because no one in the country is willing to make any sacrifices for the common good. Rather sad and pathetic that you don't see that.

I hate to burst your bubble, but your vote, by itself, is USELESS. No election for president has ever been decided by one vote. You'd be better off taking the million, voting for Trump, and trying to help others with it, while campaigning in person and on social media for Biden, cuz your vote alone will not change a thing. That's my view anyway. Of course, this is a hypothetical thought experiment. I very much oppose bribes in general, so in reality, I certainly hope that bribing of this nature is not happening.

QuestioningMind

I hate to burst your bubble, but your vote, by itself, is USELESS. No election for president has ever been decided by one vote. You'd be better off taking the million, voting for Trump, and trying to help others with it, while campaigning in person and on social media for Biden, cuz your vote alone will not change a thing. That's my view anyway. Of course, this is a hypothetical thought experiment. I very much oppose bribes in general, so in reality, I certainly hope that bribing of this nature is not happening.

Again, that seems to be the difference between us. It's not that I think my one vote will be the deciding factor. It's about having principles and sticking with them even if it means passing up a million dollars. Because in principle if everyone decided that their one vote didn't matter and everyone took the million dollars, then idiot in the White House gets reelected and this nation is doomed. It's about having ethical values that you don't compromise in order to make a quick buck.

Mitty

Again, that seems to be the difference between us. It's not that I think my one vote will be the deciding factor.
That depends on whether or not you are one of the 538 people who are actually allowed to vote, and if so, whether you choose to vote for Faith Spotted Eagle or Colin Powell or another candidate.