• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paid dating sites

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've decided to save up and pay for a month of a dating site and see how it goes. Not eHarmony though as I consider eHarmony, though popular, to be ineffective and not guaranteeing any results for your money.

Here is why I'm doing this...

On free dating sites, the women get a lot of messages from the free accounts of men asking for sex. This puts the women in a bad mood by default before you contact them with more honest intentions. They start writing things on their profiles like "Men are all pigs YOU WILL HAVE TO BE GOOD AS **** TO PROVE ME WRONG!! ABOUT TO DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!"

They totally ignore the fact that free, secularist dating sites attract shady people.

So here is what other people paying for their account also on a paid site, proves:

1. The person is *probably* not a bot.

2. They are likely serious about finding someone.

And here is other things I found to be true about paid dating sites:

1. The people who are on paid dating sites, for some reason or another, often have advanced levels of education. They don't drop out of High School. And they often don't consider their education to have ended at a GED. Many consider education, even outside of college, to be a continual frame of mind. And I like that.

The only thing I want to stress is that while most paid dating sites are better than free ones, you also have to be wise in choosing one, as the worst paid dating sites, not the best, are about the same as the free ones.

Darkforbid

If you identify as bisexual, Zoosk will give you a second account for free, so you can search for both gay men and lesbian women separately and more efficiently. You’ll need to contact the site for more information.You won’t find options for transsexual, transgender, queer, asexual, pansexual, or other gender and identity expressions. You’ll have to write that information in your profile, which could make it more difficult to find a compatible match.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If you identify as bisexual, Zoosk will give you a second account for free, so you can search for both gay men and lesbian women separately and more efficiently. You’ll need to contact the site for more information.You won’t find options for transsexual, transgender, queer, asexual, pansexual, or other gender and identity expressions. You’ll have to write that information in your profile, which could make it more difficult to find a compatible match.

I've actually tried Zoosk before. I think I somehow got a 7 day free trial. I contacted them about two accounts for bi and they said yes. However when I tried to create a second account, the software itself told me I already have an account and wouldn't let me proceed, so I gave up. So basically, Your Mileage May Vary.

Darkforbid

I've actually tried Zoosk before. I think I somehow got a 7 day free trial. I contacted them about two accounts for bi and they said yes. However when I tried to create a second account, the software itself told me I already have an account and wouldn't let me proceed, so I gave up. So basically, Your Mileage May Vary.

Could be like some game accounts that won't allow more than one account on each email address

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think online dating sites are pretty toxic; at least that's been my experience.

Back in the old days, we didn't have online dating sites. We did things the old-fashioned way. When we went on dates, we had to walk barefoot in the snow, and uphill, both ways.

sealchan

I've decided to save up and pay for a month of a dating site and see how it goes. Not eHarmony though as I consider eHarmony, though popular, to be ineffective and not guaranteeing any results for your money.

Here is why I'm doing this...

On free dating sites, the women get a lot of messages from the free accounts of men asking for sex. This puts the women in a bad mood by default before you contact them with more honest intentions. They start writing things on their profiles like "Men are all pigs YOU WILL HAVE TO BE GOOD AS **** TO PROVE ME WRONG!! ABOUT TO DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!"

They totally ignore the fact that free, secularist dating sites attract shady people.

So here is what other people paying for their account also on a paid site, proves:

1. The person is *probably* not a bot.

2. They are likely serious about finding someone.

1. The people who are on paid dating sites, for some reason or another, often have advanced levels of education. They don't drop out of High School. And they often don't consider their education to have ended at a GED. Many consider education, even outside of college, to be a continual frame of mind. And I like that.

The only thing I want to stress is that while most paid dating sites are better than free ones, you also have to be wise in choosing one, as the worst paid dating sites, not the best, are about the same as the free ones.

Put that in your self description.

I found my wife on match.com. Even on paid sites, women get harrassed according to my wife.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I agree some men use dating sites as shag directories

More like most men. However on paid dating sites, the men are classy about it. They buy you a nice dinner, dress nice, etc, and have that James Bond feel. And they do often get some, though not with every woman. On free dating sites, most men are scum.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Waste of time at least for a heterosexual man looking for heterosexual woman. Might be different for LGBT, but yeah probably not. Online dating is p00p.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Nah bars suck for relationships. Unless you are just looking for sex that is. Then bars are great.

I might just go to the bar, as I've been hearing about people who've had sex so many times either they got a STD, or found love from it and got married.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I might just go to the bar, as I've been hearing about people who've had sex so many times either they got a STD, or found love from it and got married.

Just use protection and you'll be ok.