• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pagans and Minority religions! (Islam is included here)

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Hey Pagans and "minority religions" like Islam, to David Barton, you arent worthy to be protected under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.

:facepalm::banghead3:149::mad:

David Barton was on The Daily Show with Jon Steward recently, but Jon unfortunately did not ask the question that was on the minds of many many people. What was Barton thinking?

Barton was the first person who started this Christian Only Amendment movement by saying:

[URL="http://wildhunt.org/blog/2010/11/the-troubling-rise-of-david-barton.html" said:
The Wild Hunt[/url]] "The true historic meaning of “religion” excludes paganism and witchcraft, and thus, does not compel a conclusion that McCollum has state taxpayer standing … paganism and witchcraft were never intended to receive the protections of the Religion Clauses. Thus, in the present case there can be no violation of those clauses … Should this Court conclude that McCollum has taxpayer standing … this Court should at least acknowledge that its conclusion is compelled by Supreme Court precedent, not by history or the intent of the Framers.”

Why is this important to Muslims? Because others have joined in and added to it. People like Bryan Fisher:

[URL="http://wildhunt.org/blog/2011/03/quick-note-huckabees-troubling-barton-fandom.html" said:
The Wild Hunt[/url]] “Islam has no fundamental First Amendment claims, for the simple reason that it was not written to protect the religion of Islam. Islam is entitled only to the religious liberty we extend to it out of courtesy. While there certainly ought to be a presumption of religious liberty for non-Christian religious traditions in America, the Founders were not writing a suicide pact when they wrote the First Amendment
There has been a Facebook page that has been created to get Jason Pitzl-Waters, the owner and writer of The Wild Hunt, onto The Daily Show. I implore you to help us lobby the Daily Show to get Jason on. The Wild Hunt is like the CNN for the Pagan community, and he is a very intelligent, capable person who can question Barton and address this question that no one seems to be willing to ask. Even if you arent pagan, I ask you to help us out anyway.

Mintz

La Illaha IlAllah
Islam isn't a Minority Religion. It's the second most populated religion in the world with 1.6 billion Muslims. This guy is going to be in for a shock when the population of Muslims in North America increases drastically. In Prophet Muhammad SAW's time, he demanded rights for everyone in the community of all faiths.

TalAbrams

The Constitution never made allowences for being worthy. I do, however, agree in theory that perhaps we have gone too far. But what is to be done? A Constitutional Convention?
That would be a witch hunt of disastrous proportions. (no witch pun intended)
We have no choice but to deal with it.
We need stronger laws protecting us from those who hate and threaten to destroy us.
The slightest threat to the President brings the Secret Service to your door and an audit from the IRS. Why are we not afforded this level of protection?
That moron from Kansas who protests at the funerals of soldiers and publicly proclaims death to homosexuals is a prime example of our problems. He should be in prison but there are too many freedoms under the 1st Amendment.
Muslims who publicly call for death and destruction should be deported.
That goes for any religion as well as the likes of Neo-Nazis.
We cannot hope to ever win any battle or war unless we fight by the rules of the enemy.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Islam isn't a Minority Religion. It's the second most populated religion in the world with 1.6 billion Muslims. This guy is going to be in for a shock when the population of Muslims in North America increases drastically. In Prophet Muhammad SAW's time, he demanded rights for everyone in the community of all faiths.

Mintz, that is the whole point. Islam ISNT a minority religion, but nonetheless is protected under the 1st Amendment. America owes a lot to the Islam nations, as they were the first countries to recognize the US as an independent nation.

I cant believe that anyone would advocate against equality and tolerance.

TalAbrams, you are right, the First Amendment doesnt make allowances for who is worthy or not. In fact, it says that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". I dont think that we have "gone too far." What we need is for people who are intolerant and hateful to disappear and never return. They dont need TV time, News time, or any time at all. They should be shut up in padded rooms or locked in cellars. /smh/

gnomon

Should we be terribly concerned about David Barton?

Seriously, what is his influence?

As far as my part I engage people directly on internet forums. I would join/friend/whatever that Facebook page if it wasn't for my personal "I won't join Facebook" policy.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
Should we be terribly concerned about David Barton?

Seriously, what is his influence?

He has direct ties to quite a lot of high ranking political figureheads, like Senators Huchabee and Michelle Bachmen. He also writes the history books in Texas, and a few other states. He is the psudo-historian that quite a few Republicans go to for history. Go research him, and read the links that I gave in the first post. That explains it well.