1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Paganism

Discussion in 'Comparative Religion' started by Rival, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Hockeycowboy

Hockeycowboy Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,554
    Religion:
    Christian
    Not me, I love the empirical discoveries of science.

The Bible indicates that a wise person will take action....
    Proverbs 22:3

2. Truthseeker9

Truthseeker9 Active Member

Ratings:
    +401
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Jesus actually said the commandments hang on those two commandments, if you read carefully. This means to me that those commandments are meant to facilitate the love of God and man or exemplify love for God and man. He didn't mean all the commandments in the Torah, though, I'm convinced. Each Prophet changes or alters the commandments of the previous Prophet. One problem with the Gospels is that it is unclear what commandments were intended in some cases.

3. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +29,652
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Generally, yes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +29,652
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Islam.
    Outside of those, not really.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Be your own guru

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    Atheist, Advaita (Non-duality), Orthodox Hindu
    One can believe in Gods without believing in the rest of superstitions. A belief in God/Gods/Goddesses does not require you to believe in astrology.
    'Outside of life', one would eat, work, enjoy with family, have sex with partner, sleep, etc.
    If you are not harming anyone and perhaps helping others, that is right practice.
    Why are you afraid to be alone? Just do your thing.

6. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    The monotheist God wants puppets that is why he sends repeated messages through prophets / sons / messengers / manifestions / mahdis, and is not happy if you do not follow his instructions. You do not even have a count of how many, major or minor, messengers has he sent. He threw out Adam and Eve because they transgressed his instructions. In some religions, he will send those who do not believe in him or his representatives to eternal hell or pour burning oil on head till the brains melt.
    Absolutely simple. Check what the prophets / sons / messengers/ manifestations / mahdis say. Are they not representatives of God or Allah, though they do not have any evidence to present.

#66 Aupmanyav, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +7,394
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    No, I am obligated to obey all of the laws, as that is one of the Twin Duties of my religion.

“The first duty prescribed by God for His servants is the recognition of Him Who is the Day Spring of His Revelation and the Fountain of His laws, Who representeth the Godhead in both the Kingdom of His Cause and the world of creation. Whoso achieveth this duty hath attained unto all good; and whoso is deprived thereof, hath gone astray, though he be the author of every righteous deed. It behoveth every one who reacheth this most sublime station, this summit of transcendent glory, to observe every ordinance of Him Who is the Desire of the world. These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the other. Thus hath it been decreed by Him Who is the Source of Divine inspiration.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 330-331

The Twin Duties

8. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    What does Bahaollah say about that since Bahais do not have punishment (though Bahaollah indicated that if you refuse the ministry of a messenger or a manifestation)?
    Islam is not much behind.

9. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    Buddhists cannot be termed as pagans because they do not believe in existence of God. Sure, Hinduism is a pagan religion, with its thousands of Gods and Goddesses and it is mostly not monotheistic. You hardly know about Eastern religions and are making comments on them. As for superstitions, even Muslims have them. Mohammad was afflicted by black magic and did not know for six months if he had sex or not. Does not Quran or Mohammad talk about Jinns.
    Kesamutti Sutta, a gem of advice. What about God / Allah and his prophets / sons / messengers / manifestations / Mahdis?
    Kesamutti Sutta - Wikipedia

#69 Aupmanyav, Jun 11, 2021
  10. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    These are superstitions, but God, soul, prophets / messengers / Manifestations / Mahdis are not superstitions even if there s no proof of their existence or mission. - Also do not ever question the authority of Abdul Baha and my guidance - Shoghi.
    Yeah just accept God AND ME (because is someone does not accept God, he would not believe ME TOO). End of the Bahai duties. All the rest is for show.

#70 Aupmanyav, Jun 11, 2021
  11. Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +7,394
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Baha'is do have punishment for crimes like rape and murder in Baha'u'llah's Book of Laws.

12. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    What is that, Trailblazer. Kindly let us know.

13. Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +7,394
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    The Kitáb-i-Aqdas is Bahá'u'lláh's book of laws, written in Arabic around 1873 while He was still imprisoned within the city of 'Akká. It is considered the Most Holy Book of the Baha’i Faith. As I recall, it was translated into English in 1982.

14. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    You could have given me a rough idea. You do not do that but instead direct me to a thousand pages of taketh, giveth, thinketh, doeth, which I am loath to do. Even the paragraphs that you copy and post are difficult to decipher. Shoghi was translating it in his divine English rather than common readable English.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rival

Rival Iiu em hotep.
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +29,051
    Religion:
    Kemetic Monotheist
    I don't recall saying this. I believe it was not a sleight of hand. I always thought something more was involved. The Torah forbids witchcraft and necromancy so I assume these things are possible, just not that they should be done or are necessarily the way Pagans think they are.

#75 Rival, Jun 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Rival

Rival Iiu em hotep.

Ratings:
    +29,051
    Religion:
    Kemetic Monotheist
    There may be some.

• Like Like x 1
  17. firedragon

firedragon Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,160
    Apparently this is not a debate thread or something.

18. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    It is not but the misinformation had to be corrected.

19. Rival

Rival Iiu em hotep.

Ratings:
    +29,051
    Religion:
    Kemetic Monotheist
    I'm not afraid to be alone, I just want a religion that can be my whole life and requires me to actually do stuff, otherwise it's basically just a philosophy with some prayer thrown in :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Aupmanyav

Ratings:
    +11,233
    Religion:
    My whole religion is to just live decently and die when the time comes. No prayers. I have completed nearly the whole of my living.

• Like Like x 1