• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paganism and Women

Anonimus2

I'm not talking about all kinds of Pagnism but the reconstruction one especially. You are remaking a religion of a certain couture that might've been or surely was mysagionist. So, I am a bit worried, I'm a Hellenic Recon and I find people that thinkcertain deities, some of which even female themselves (Athena for an example) still bear, let's call it the mark of their culture. I never found this not to be true. What do you think? I'm generally a sensitive person, and when I hear people saying that I tend to believe it? Thanks, bye.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
These are living cultures and religions. Simply putting together a set-in-stone religion based on one snapshot of a specific time period, or a broad generalization attempting to combine elements from dozens if not hundreds of local variations, is not accurate reconstruction of a full religious dynamic IMO.

So, I'm perfectly glad to leave out aspects of the Old Way that are no longer appropriate to modern sensibilities and cultural contexts.