• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paganism and Judiasim

This is a matter which needs to be addressed as it affects many people I know, past Kemetic pagans and those still practicing Egyptian paganism, hence I am a convert to the Catholic faith for many years I was well known in certain boundaries and totally dedicated to the Kemetic way, Kemetism is the acient name for the Egyptian people who were at war with the Semitics since they crossed their divide in search of a place to settle some thousands of years before Christ.
Now Egypt is the home of surgery it the Kemetic who invented circumcision and not the Jew, all true born Kemetic pagans were circumcised at birth, it was not until the Semitic people came to Egypt and started copying the Kemetic culture do they discover circumcision, if a Jew says different and he has it written then, his book lies, I am a direct Kemetic descendant and know my chronological biological geographical history of my people from this side of my parentage. No circumcision it is not Jewish but Kemetic to do with pagan fertility and hygiene as they once believed and thus became common practice for most of the middle east.
Yes I am Catholic and a believer in Christ a warrior of Holy God and no I am not trying to follow the Jewish way in fact I believe that the Jewish way is wrong and thus misguided this is only subject to ignorance.
Charles the Hammer.

Poisonshady313

This is a matter which needs to be addressed as it affects many people I know, past Kemetic pagans and those still practicing Egyptian paganism, hence I am a convert to the Catholic faith for many years I was well known in certain boundaries and totally dedicated to the Kemetic way, Kemetism is the acient name for the Egyptian people who were at war with the Semitics since they crossed their divide in search of a place to settle some thousands of years before Christ.
Now Egypt is the home of surgery it the Kemetic who invented circumcision and not the Jew, all true born Kemetic pagans were circumcised at birth, it was not until the Semitic people came to Egypt and started copying the Kemetic culture do they discover circumcision, if a Jew says different and he has it written then, his book lies, I am a direct Kemetic descendant and know my chronological biological geographical history of my people from this side of my parentage. No circumcision it is not Jewish but Kemetic to do with pagan fertility and hygiene as they once believed and thus became common practice for most of the middle east.
Yes I am Catholic and a believer in Christ a warrior of Holy God and no I am not trying to follow the Jewish way in fact I believe that the Jewish way is wrong and thus misguided this is only subject to ignorance.
Charles the Hammer.

I'm pretty sure we (Jews) don't claim that Abraham was the first person to go through circumcision.

"Circumcision" doesn't belong to any culture, any more than getting a haircut or a body piercing.

The purpose for Jewish circumcision isn't for fertility, hygiene, nor is it a rite of passage from childhood to adult hood.... marked by the fact that Jews circumcise at 8 days old.

I think you're trying to start a fight for no purpose, because you don't know what you're talking about.

I could pull out a few names of pagan myths that believe their crucified and resurrected savior was born of a virgin on december 25th and wanted his followers to symbolically consume his flesh.... and I could tell you all about how Catholicism is wrong, misguided, and ignorant...

But I'm better than that. I'll start a debate thread if I have a question I want to be answered about something I perceive to be wrong... but to senselessly provoke people for having a belief?

Shame on you.

Mr Cheese

have to agree with Poison here mr hammer....

saying Judaism is wrong and misguided, because you say so...

Is in effect bigotry.

As for your issues, some MAY be true, but they MAY not be....

You cloud any coherant argument or statement in hatred.

Azariyah

I thought this forum would be about the relationship between Judaism and Paganism. I'm dissapointed :(

I was also under the same assumption. To bad there isn't a discussion of such as to the why of those who proclaim judaism use pagan dieties names in their calendar even though their Torah state not to do such things. There is a connection between judaism and paganism.

arimoff

Charles the Hammer.

I'm sorry but I have only bad words to describe you and your post, I just can't, forum rules.

so much hate, and you have no logic what so ever, try to follow me, if a jew book lies then jesus is a lie also, if a jew way is wrong then christianity is wrong.

if you didn't follow me then it is all lost for you.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I was also under the same assumption. To bad there isn't a discussion of such as to the why of those who proclaim judaism use pagan dieties names in their calendar even though their Torah state not to do such things. There is a connection between judaism and paganism.

What are you talking about?

1. Nissan - flight
  2. Iyyar - healing
  3. Sivan - bright
  4. Tamuz - hidden
  5. Av - father
  6. Elul - nothing
  7. Tishrei - beginning
  8. Cheshvan - eighth
  9. Kislev - trust
  10. Tevet - good
  11. Shevat - tree (?)
  12. Adar - strength
None of these are deities. I'm disappointed.

Azariyah

What are you talking about?

1. Nissan - flight
  2. Iyyar - healing
  3. Sivan - bright
  4. Tamuz - hidden
  5. Av - father
  6. Elul - nothing
  7. Tishrei - beginning
  8. Cheshvan - eighth
  9. Kislev - trust
  10. Tevet - good
  11. Shevat - tree (?)
  12. Adar - strength
None of these are deities. I'm disappointed.

LOL, don't play dumb. It doesn't look good on you. ;)

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I hope the reason for your conversion wasn't to do with the origins of circumcision...

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
As to my conversion to Sinaiticism, the token of circumcision within the Abrahamic covenant was never a question.

I'm not sure you realise, and I should have made it clear that I was refering to the OP.

Azariyah

I'm not sure you realise, and I should have made it clear that I was refering to the OP.

Oh yes. I was fully aware. Though if you were referring to me and my conversion then I was so stating my position on such. Though you failed to name anyone for your intent, I assumed it was me following right after my post. If I was in error then I do apologize and stand corrected. :)

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh yes. I was fully aware. Though if you were referring to me and my conversion then I was so stating my position on such. Though you failed to name anyone for your intent, I assumed it was me following right after my post. If I was in error then I do apologize and stand corrected. :)

Sorry that was my fault. I was refering to the original post. He didn't give much reason for his conversion and was just going on about circumcision, which is a bit odd.

Azariyah

For an example of the pagan names within the so called judaic calendar is one that is even so expressed within the Tanach itself...........

Eze 8:13 He said also to me, You shall again see yet other great abominations which they do.
Eze 8:14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of YAH's house which was toward the north; and see, there sat the women weeping for Tammuz.

It is of my understanding that the abomination that the women were committing was the act of weeping to be "hidden" as Zardoz would have you believe. :rolleyes:

For more info on such read.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammuz_(deity)

Azariyah

Sorry that was my fault. I was refering to the original post. He didn't give much reason for his conversion and was just going on about circumcision, which is a bit odd.

Oh not a problem. Though I think it a bit odd that a self proclaiming roman catholic would need to be circumcised for their conversion. :confused:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
LOL, don't play dumb. It doesn't look good on you. ;)

Don't be rude. I gave you the meaning of the names as best as I could remember (probably from before you were even born).

The names come from the Babylonian Exile, and yes that culture influenced them. However, names cross cultural boundaries all the time, and rarely retain the original meaning. Look at the English days of the week. I use these weekday names all the time, but never do I think of them as honoring pagan deities, even though that was the original intent.

Don't make such a big deal over it.