• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pagan Supplies

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Does anyone know of any good online Pagan Supply shops. One that has stuff like altar cloths, books, incense etc. The closest place to where I live is over an hour away, and frankly not worth the drive. But my online dealings have been less then fortunate as well. Any help is appreciated.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It depends on what you're looking for. If you want one of a kind, hand-made goods, then a better bet is places like Etsy. AzureGreen may have a huge catalog and inventory, but their stuff is mass produced and not particularly inspiring. Something like an altar cloth is very easy to make yourself, even if you don't have a sewing machine. Speaking of which, I need to make some new ones myself. Haven't done it since I got the new altar, and the old ones don't fit the new one. :D

GoodbyeDave

Don't forget you don't have to get things from specifically pagan sources. My incense and candles come from small firms via Amazon and my incense burner came from a church supplier. I like to use Amazon because of the reviews.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
http://www.alchemy-works.com/

For real herbs, incense, and oils... Also, seeds if you are so inclined...

Amazon for all books... period...

Altar cloths? Generally, I just make my own like @Quintessence. You can buy any sort of natural fabric with nearly any pattern you want all you have to do is hem the edge with a sewing machine (or have someone who can sew do it for you..) it really isn't a bother to just fold the cut edge over and just safety pin it over itself either... If you lack the sewing/cutting skills... Also, there are things called "wall cloths" which already have designs, hems, and can be folded over to fit in most cases...

Most other things you could need are easily made or found locally. If you specify what you actually mean by "pagan" I could probably help you in even more detail. :)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Does anyone know of any good online Pagan Supply shops. One that has stuff like altar cloths, books, incense etc. The closest place to where I live is over an hour away, and frankly not worth the drive. But my online dealings have been less then fortunate as well. Any help is appreciated.

This is just my two cents. I usually go to Good Will (thrift store) and buy all my altar necessities. I got a lace table cloth:

images

There for less than $3.00.

Don't ignore the power of Amazon ;) Other than that, I don't know how to make my own cloths... if I did, I'd rather do that.

I usually go here to shop when I'm in the area.

https://www.sacredcirclebooks.com/products
They have a universal collection of metaphysical religious items. Kinda pricey, though.

http://www.13moons.com/
http://sticksandstonescircle.com/

Last edited:

Erebus

For books, Amazon has some good stuff. Just be aware that the gems are buried among a lot of rubbish. Read reviews before buying and ideally you should have an idea what you're looking for.

For candles and incense I'd probably just go to a discount centre. So long as the candle is the right colour, I'm happy. Some pagans want something a bit more fancy, for that you would have to find a proper pagan/new age shop.

More than anything else though, I'd encourage you to try your hand at making your own supplies. This isn't always practical of course, sometimes you have to buy things. Something hand-made is more personal though, it's something unique to you.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am browsing Amazon for some items now. I found a good store near me for incense. I wish I had the skill to make my own stuff, but I don't have the skill, nor the time haha. Thanks to @Quintessence , I do have a new idea for an altar cloth. Going to go with a natural fiber burlap. I have never been a fan of Etsy though, I was never sure how much their products could be trusted.

I like to go to Pagan supply stores mostly for the books. Online book reviews never do justice to the author, and I don't always know what I am looking for :p.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Etsy itself doesn't have any products... it's a platform for individual artisans to sell their wares. So the milage you get is 100% in the hands of the artisan you are purchasing from. I wager Etsy offers some sort of protection policy, kind of like eBay does. Neither I nor any of the folks I know IRL who have used it have ever had any problems with it. Unlike megacorps, individual artisans have a lot more to loose from a single unsatisfied customer, and they'll tend to treat their customers like actual human beings instead of resources to be manipulated.

Online book reviews of Neopagan literature could be a topic in of itself... one I'd probably go off on a rant with. Reviews in general are usually garbage because most people don't know how to write them properly, but it is particularly bad when it comes to something that has an inherently subjective value, like religious inspiration (which is what Neopagan literature provides). I just say read everything, because everything can have something in there that inspires you.

Oh, and making homemade loose incense is actually super easy. It's if you want a binder and shape it into cones or something that it gets more complicated. Not something I've tried yet. But with loose incense, you just get together a bunch of aromatic plant materials (if you know your botany, you can use local, native plants for this), grind it with a mortar and pestle a bit... done. That's all there is to it. Add essential oils, if you want, but that's optional.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Etsy itself doesn't have any products... it's a platform for individual artisans to sell their wares. So the milage you get is 100% in the hands of the artisan you are purchasing from. I wager Etsy offers some sort of protection policy, kind of like eBay does. Neither I nor any of the folks I know IRL who have used it have ever had any problems with it. Unlike megacorps, individual artisans have a lot more to loose from a single unsatisfied customer, and they'll tend to treat their customers like actual human beings instead of resources to be manipulated.

Online book reviews of Neopagan literature could be a topic in of itself... one I'd probably go off on a rant with. Reviews in general are usually garbage because most people don't know how to write them properly, but it is particularly bad when it comes to something that has an inherently subjective value, like religious inspiration (which is what Neopagan literature provides). I just say read everything, because everything can have something in there that inspires you.

Oh, and making homemade loose incense is actually super easy. It's if you want a binder and shape it into cones or something that it gets more complicated. Not something I've tried yet. But with loose incense, you just get together a bunch of aromatic plant materials (if you know your botany, you can use local, native plants for this), grind it with a mortar and pestle a bit... done. That's all there is to it. Add essential oils, if you want, but that's optional.

I actually do read just about everything, I have a fairly large library at home between me and the wife, haha. I didn't realize making incense was that easy, I am going to have to try it after some more research. Thanks for the tips. You always have a lot of good insight.