• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pagan Incarnation vs. Monotheistic Assimilation.

John D. Brey

Theological historians claim, with the majority of Jewish voices I've read, that Jewish monotheism is unique to Abraham and his offspring. Religion prior to the rise of Jewish monotheism was "pagan" and included the idea of multiple gods, and the incarnation of the gods. Virgin birth of the gods is a motifs found throughout pagan (Gentile) religions, and is nearly universal in the pre-Abrahamic religions.

As modern Jews are constantly pointing out, Christianity was too perfect a fit for Gentiles who had believed in gods (Trinity) and virgin births from the very beginning of time. . . And speaking of time, if I had more of it, I could justify all the foregoing with quotations from the best mythologists and historians of the last century. Mithraism was practiced by Romans of Jesus' time, and incorporated many of the concepts found in the Gospels.

The point is that Christianity is a fulfillment of religious ideas going all the way back to Adam, while modern Judaism is a repudiation of those ideas.

But Christianity came first. Incarnation motifs are original. Virgin birth is original. Some of the best Jewish professors alive have acknowledged the scholarship of Professor Margret Barker's book, The Older Testament, which shows that Christian ideas not only predate Jewish monotheism, but Abrahamic religion was itself originally inundated with the same ideas. Rabbi Daniel Boyarin, who quotes Barker in his own books, shows how in the early centuries of the current era, every concept amenable to Christianity was erased from the Jewish hard-drive, and the entire faith was reformatted after the bleachbit was performed.

The important point that I was making in my original statement is that Judaism is secondary to Christian style incarnation theories and virgin birth motifs. They, those theories (and motifs), far pre-date Pharisaic Judaism and it's style of monotheism. Which is to say, Pharisaical Judaism is an amendment to human religion, and not the original human religion, so far as history is concerned.

The reason this concerns me in particular is that as anyone whose read anything I've written knows I believe Adam was originally a Jew, and became a Jewish heretic when he gave birth to the first Gentile, Cain, by producing him from someone other than a Jewish mother, Adam being the only possible Jewish mother in the original creation and the original religion. In my theology Judaism is first, and all Gentile religions are second. Judaism is original, and every other religion is an amendment or re-interpretation of Judaism.

Mix Professor Margret Barker's scholarship with my theorizing and the first Judaism was Christianity. The first man (Adam) was Christ's mother. Only after bleachbit is performed (post-Incarnation), and Judaism completely reformatted, does Abrahamic-monotheism take on the patina it has today. The original Judaism is the first Christianity. The first Adam (man) is the Great Goddess, the mother of the firstborn of creation, Christ.

John

David T

Premium Member
Theological historians claim, with the majority of Jewish voices I've read, that Jewish monotheism is unique to Abraham and his offspring. Religion prior to the rise of Jewish monotheism was "pagan" and included the idea of multiple gods, and the incarnation of the gods. Virgin birth of the gods is a motifs found throughout pagan (Gentile) religions, and is nearly universal in the pre-Abrahamic religions.

As modern Jews are constantly pointing out, Christianity was too perfect a fit for Gentiles who had believed in gods (Trinity) and virgin births from the very beginning of time. . . And speaking of time, if I had more of it, I could justify all the foregoing with quotations from the best mythologists and historians of the last century. Mithraism was practiced by Romans of Jesus' time, and incorporated many of the concepts found in the Gospels.

The point is that Christianity is a fulfillment of religious ideas going all the way back to Adam, while modern Judaism is a repudiation of those ideas.

But Christianity came first. Incarnation motifs are original. Virgin birth is original. Some of the best Jewish professors alive have acknowledged the scholarship of Professor Margret Barker's book, The Older Testament, which shows that Christian ideas not only predate Jewish monotheism, but Abrahamic religion was itself originally inundated with the same ideas. Rabbi Daniel Boyarin, who quotes Barker in his own books, shows how in the early centuries of the current era, every concept amenable to Christianity was erased from the Jewish hard-drive, and the entire faith was reformatted after the bleachbit was performed.

The important point that I was making in my original statement is that Judaism is secondary to Christian style incarnation theories and virgin birth motifs. They, those theories (and motifs), far pre-date Pharisaic Judaism and it's style of monotheism. Which is to say, Pharisaical Judaism is an amendment to human religion, and not the original human religion, so far as history is concerned.

The reason this concerns me in particular is that as anyone whose read anything I've written knows I believe Adam was originally a Jew, and became a Jewish heretic when he gave birth to the first Gentile, Cain, by producing him from someone other than a Jewish mother, Adam being the only possible Jewish mother in the original creation and the original religion. In my theology Judaism is first, and all Gentile religions are second. Judaism is original, and every other religion is an amendment or re-interpretation of Judaism.

Mix Professor Margret Barker's scholarship with my theorizing and the first Judaism was Christianity. The first man (Adam) was Christ's mother. Only after bleachbit is performed (post-Incarnation), and Judaism completely reformatted, does Abrahamic-monotheism take on the patina it has today. The original Judaism is the first Christianity. The first Adam (man) is the Great Goddess, the mother of the firstborn of creation, Christ.

John
Well fiction as fact is confusion.. Take Darwin, we have fact life interconnected, fiction his narrative. It's not that the topic itself is false the problem is in the narrative fiction taken as fact. So you present us with a total fiction being paraded as fact, that like darwin is confused. It's "normal" you are extremely normal, you make up at least 90% of the population, and thus presenting fiction as fact is accepted as being reality valid and true. It's not it's nonsense. Although I do appreciate you appreciate the text. On that we agree. The rest hahaha hahaha, stick to accounting.

John D. Brey

Came first as in before other cultures?

. . . Is this a trick question? -----The reason I ask is because theological ideas are generally seminal to cultural idiosyncrasies. Jews didn't dislike pork and fit that into their religion. Christians didn't dislike premarital sex and find a way to fit that into their religion. On the contrary, religion is the source of many if not most cultural norms.

Etymologically, we look to the source of culture, in religious beliefs, rather than assuming ethnic practices are the source of religious ideas.

John

Last edited:

John D. Brey

Not sure; this guy routinely makes no sense and talks ****.

It's difficult to grow intellectually or spiritually if we assume anything that doesn't already makes sense is ****. As Nietzsche points out, what this approach lacks in usefulness, it makes up for in leisure time. Intellectual and spiritual growth is expensive concerning time some see as better spent doing . . . anything other than study.

John

John D. Brey

No, it's trying to clarify what you're saying. Are you suggesting that Christianity invented polytheism?

. . . The New Testament teaches that anyone who is "in-Christ" shares all that Christ is and does. It also teaches that Christ is deity. Ergo all who share all that Christ is and does are deity. Ergo the New Testament teaches the ultimate polytheism: every Christian is a god.

John

John D. Brey

Cool, but that doesn't answer what I asked at all.

. . . Generally, if someone was really interested in having their question answered, they would clarify it at this point. . . But we all know how these days many people ask questions in forums out of boredom and a sense of belonging though they aren't really interested in having their questioned answered anyway.

So when the precise answer isn't given, rather than clarifying the question, they reveal through their actions that it wasn't intended to be answered: they're just here for the donuts and coffee, such that at this point they head for the Dunkin Donuts box. The question was just a pretense for getting at the donuts all along.

John

John D. Brey

Like I did in post 12? I should have taken advice and just not bothered.

. . . I took a stab at what you asked in post 12. If that's not what you were looking for, you need to redirect. Assuming you really care to discuss it. Which if you don't isn't really any of my business.

John

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
. . . I took a stab at what you asked in post 12. If that's not what you were looking for, you need to redirect. Assuming you really care to discuss it. Which if you don't isn't really any of my business.

John
Yeah, it sure would have been an interesting discussion, as you seem to be suggesting that Christianity invented polytheism and all other "pagan" religions are just copying that idea. But if you're going to twist this much, it's really not worth it.

I'm unfollowing the thread so no need to seize the last word. I'll assume it was something misdirective and blaming.