• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overpopulation?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You questioned my use of propoganda. It is media for a message. You are being sold something. It is certainly not a discussion. It preys on people's fear of not having enough resources in order to sell you other ideas.
I see propaganda that we've unlimited resources,
thereby justifying an ever increasing population.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And how did you get from immigrants grow the economy to unlimited economic growth?
Where do you here claims for unlimited immigration?
In the news regarding immigration reform, I see politicians
calling for immigration for the purpose of economic expansion.
They don't ever mention any limit. There is no discussion of
just how much workforce expansion we need.

Curious George

Veteran Member
So you assume they mean unlimited. Lol. Alright, I agree that you are seeing propoganda, I disagree that such propaganda is about unlimited resources .

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

So you assume they mean unlimited. Lol. Alright, I agree that you are seeing propoganda, I disagree that such propaganda is about unlimited resources .
I think both of you are correct.
What this is really about is the dysfunctional current system and the unwillingness of the USA, as a society, to talk about it.

We not only let almost anybody in, we entice them with jobs. We don't bother vetting them or prioritizing.

But we won't have an honest conversation about how that current policy affects different people. Much less how things could be done differently. The huge influx of the last 20 years or so has created some big winners and losers. Unskilled and entry level people have taken a big hit. Investors and managers have profited enormously from cheap labor.

But in the absence of a coherent policy that gets enforced on the people who are creating the problem by hiring the undocumented, there's no real conversation about how many are too many.
The implication is that more is better, without any qualifying of that assumption. But nobody will quite say that, because millions of voters want to get rid of them all. Alienating that many voters is a ticket home, and all politicians know that.
So they blame the workers and throw up their hands, as though they're powerless to change anything substantial.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
.....people who are creating the problem by hiring the undocumented....
That's like arguing that one link is the important one in the chain.
We have consumers who like cheap prices, & government giving
illegals benefits & ultimately citizenship for sneaking in through
our porous borders.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That's like arguing that one link is the important one in the chain.
I guess you have never heard the term "weakest link"?

Of course consumers like cheap products. That's one of the big problems that the USA has. Uninformed consumers, shopping by price. Like the people complaining about the loss of manufacturing jobs while they drive their Toyota to Walmart to buy a bunch of foreign made products.

But the more important part is this. The people who own Walmart have a lot more influence over what happens in Washington DC than most people do.
Tom

QuestioningMind

we do kill some, what do you think happens in the Middle East? Their birth rate is way to high.

People are killed all of the time, but rarely is it done as a means of population control. Are you suggesting that killing off innocent people is the best solution for the overpopulation problem?

socharlie

People are killed all of the time, but rarely is it done as a means of population control. Are you suggesting that killing off innocent people is the best solution for the overpopulation problem?
recently
we wiped out as some estimated 7 million Arabs, just culled them for many fake reasons.