• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Over the Wall

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Trump wants his wall, maybe enough to declare a national emergency to get one. All the horrors happening to the poor US from an influx of dangerous drugs and rapists, not to mention actual Mexicans, men, women and children, oh my!

Yet, the terrible violence that plagues Mexico at this very moment is largely dependent on two thing: American guns, and a huge American market with an insatiable appetite for the very drugs it pretends to dread. (And, by the way, Canada is likewise plagued by American guns, and Mexican -- and Chinese -- drugs.)

Maybe, just maybe, with a little persuasion, both Mexico and Canada can be persuaded to build walls for their own protection -- from US guns and US drug buyers.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Trump wants his wall, maybe enough to declare a national emergency to get one. All the horrors happening to the poor US from an influx of dangerous drugs and rapists, not to mention actual Mexicans, men, women and children, oh my!

Yet, the terrible violence that plagues Mexico at this very moment is largely dependent on two thing: American guns, and a huge American market with an insatiable appetite for the very drugs it pretends to dread. (And, by the way, Canada is likewise plagued by American guns, and Mexican -- and Chinese -- drugs.)

Maybe, just maybe, with a little persuasion, both Mexico and Canada can be persuaded to build walls for their own protection -- from US guns and US drug buyers.

There are as many if not more guns than there are people in America; there's too many guns for them to be effectively outlawed in the United States. If Mexico wants most of its citizens weaponless and defenseless against police corruption and the Mexican Drug Cartel, then Mexico should build a wall to keep out American guns. That'd be fine by me, but maybe the Mexican people in general might not be happy with the prospect of being weaponless and defenseless against the well-armed Mexican Drug Cartel or well-armed corrupt Mexican police and military. A well-armed society is a polite society. Whereas, oppression or even genocide happens in a society where only the government or organized crime has guns.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Brilliant!!!

A timeshare!

Cooky

Veteran Member

In reality, the United State's drug addicts are the victims of greedy drug dealers/ producers who knowingly sell highly addictive products knowing full well that it will ruin the lives of millions of young kids who will likely remain addicts well into their adulthood or until they die. It's a sure way to make lots of money, and they dont care who they kill.

...100 times worse than big tobacco could ever dream of being.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
A well-armed society is a polite society.
Canada, hugely less well-armed than the US, is globally known as a very polite society. Most of northern Europe is much less well-armed than the US, and almost all of them will compare American tourists to their own folk, to other Europeans, and to Canadians, as infinitely more polite than Americans. Nope, not seeing it.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In reality, the United State's drug addicts are the victims of greedy drug dealers/ producers who knowingly sell highly addictive products knowing full well that it will ruin the lives of millions of young kids who will likely remain addicts well into their adulthood or until they die. It's a sure way to make lots of money, and they dont care who they kill.

...100 times worse than big tobacco could ever dream of being.
But here's the question: were those greedy drug dealers/producers Mexicans, other foreign nationals, or just Americans? I know for sure that every drug dealer I ever met up here in Canada was a Canadian, living pretty close to where I did, and originating from right here. I suspect it's much the same there, too, don't you?

I don't like trying to blame my own troubles on other people, when it would be better if I took a look a bit closer to home, first.

Cooky

Veteran Member
But here's the question: were those greedy drug dealers/producers Mexicans, other foreign nationals, or just Americans? I know for sure that every drug deal I ever met up here in Canada was a Canadian, living pretty close to where I did, and originating from right here. I suspect it's much the same there, too, don't you?

By your logic gas stations and grocery stores are evil for selling tobacco products... But no, It's the big tobacco industry who is the culprit.

Likewise, the dirt bags who ruin lives by making the drugs and making them available to begin with, are the evil ones. And the most highly addictive drugs come from south of the border.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Canada, hugely less well-armed than the US, is globally known as a very polite society. Most of northern Europe is much less well-armed than the US, and almost all of them will compare American tourists to their own folk, to other Europeans, and to Canadians, as infinitely more polite than Americans. Nope, not seeing it.

Of course, I don't need to remind you what happened in Europe when the Nazis had all the guns, and the Jews had none.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

You mean Mexico will pay for it? :eek:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
That is not an apt analogy in this thread...

In Mexico, civilians are banned from owning guns, yet the Mexican rate of homicide is three times greater than that of the U.S. where the right to own guns is constitutionally protected. Just something for you to think about. ...;)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
In Mexico, civilians are banned from owning guns, yet the Mexican rate of homicide is three times greater than that of the U.S. where the right to own guns is constitutionally protected. Just something for you to think about. ...;)
And the rate of homicides in the U.S. is more than 3 times higher than Canada, where there are gun controls, but no bans from ownership for those without criminal records.

Just something to think about. .

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
In Mexico, civilians are banned from owning guns,
Gun laws in Mexico - Wikipedia

A [URL='https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_misconception']common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Mexico and that no person may possess them.[3] This belief originates due the general perception that only members of law enforcement, the armed forces, or those in armed security protection are authorized to have them. While it is true that Mexico possesses strict gun laws,[4] where most types and calibersare reserved to military and law enforcement, the acquisition and ownership of certain firearms and ammunition remains a constitutional right to all Mexican citizens and foreign legal residents;[5] given the requirements and conditions to exercise such right are fulfilled in accordance to the law.[6]

[/URL]

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
By your logic gas stations and grocery stores are evil for selling tobacco products... But no, It's the big tobacco industry who is the culprit.
That seems a strange thing to say when your last post contained this:

"In reality, the United State's drug addicts are the victims of greedy drug dealers/ producers who knowingly sell highly addictive products knowing full well that it will ruin the lives of millions of young kids who will likely remain addicts well into their adulthood or until they die. It's a sure way to make lots of money, and they dont care who they kill."

Are you saying your statement above doesn't apply to people who make and sell tobacco? Because it literally applies to everything above.

Cooky

Veteran Member
That seems a strange thing to say when your last post contained this:

"In reality, the United State's drug addicts are the victims of greedy drug dealers/ producers who knowingly sell highly addictive products knowing full well that it will ruin the lives of millions of young kids who will likely remain addicts well into their adulthood or until they die. It's a sure way to make lots of money, and they dont care who they kill."

Are you saying your statement above doesn't apply to people who make and sell tobacco? Because it literally applies to everything above.

I'm trying to get the point across that drug "manufacturers" are the criminals and not the addicts.

...But I know stupid idiots who cover their ugly noses when they walk past a smoker. Those are the same kind of morons who blame addicts and not manufacturers.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I'm trying to get the point across that drug "manufacturers" are the criminals and not the addicts.
While I agree with this sentiment, your previous message seems to explicitly blame people who "sell highly addictive products". Surely, this does apply to organizations who sell, and not just produce, tobacco, right?

Cooky

Veteran Member
While I agree with this sentiment, your previous message seems to explicitly blame people who "sell highly addictive products". Surely, this does apply to organizations who sell, and not just produce, tobacco, right?

But that's because I am sick and am having a hard time remembering words. Finally the word "manufacturer" came to me. Had I thought of that last night instead of using multiple words to try and describe that thought, it would have been more clear, I'm sure.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
But that's because I am sick and am having a hard time remembering words. Finally the word "manufacturer" came to me. Had I thought of that last night instead of using multiple words to try and describe that thought, it would have been more clear, I'm sure.
No worries - thanks for making it clearer.