• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Over Sized Signatures?

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I like reading what people put in their sigs, but there are a few members who have large pictures in their sig and that really is off-putting. Perhaps pictures in the sigs. should have more restrictions. What are your thoughts on this?

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Just curious, is my sig oversized? I'm perfectly willing to change it if it is :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Just curious, is my sig oversized? I'm perfectly willing to change it if it is :)
To me it is. You have a one line post and 9 lines of text followed by a large picture. It's not as bad as some, but it makes me less likely to read what you've written.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

I am not really sure when something is oversize; I don't want to call anyone out for comparison but some out there are bigger than yours. I think @sunrise123 is right, too many oversize sigs can be a distraction to the discussion. I like the personalize touch people can add with a sig, but I just felt this discussion needed some exploring.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I like reading what people put in their sigs, but there are a few members who have large pictures in their sig and that really is off-putting. Perhaps pictures in the sigs. should have more restrictions. What are your thoughts on this?
I put a Christina "AMEN" to that. Sometimes it is a one sentence response that is lost in the overlarge picture in signature.

Father

Devourer of Truth
e4df924a3c4ebb13af9c34424c6ff6a4.jpg
Mine tis not oversized is it?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If too many people employ big pictures that would probably make loading pages faster.
At the time, I had unimpressive dial up. When somebody showed me how to shut them off and how much faster it ran I just started doing it all the time.
A line or two of text is not a big deal, but the flashy ones are obnoxiously repetitious.
Tom

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
What is over-sized I think is something for the mods to decide. I just thought this was something that should be discussed.

Deidre

I agree, but no judgement, whatever people want to do is up to them. I just sometimes mistake the sig for an advertisement. :D

Aldrnari

Well... You know what they say about oversized signatures and over compensating for something... Or something like that... Amiright? ;)

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I agree, but no judgement, whatever people want to do is up to them. I just sometimes mistake the sig for an advertisement. :D

Sometime I find myself wondering why they posted that picture and what it has to do with the topic only to realize it is a sig.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I agree about the sigs. It can boggle down loading times, nickle-and-dime people on limited data plans, and can be distracting.
Personally, I liked it better when RF didn't allow pictures in a signature at all.