• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Over 1,000” commit lives to Christ at Kanye West’s Sunday Service in Baton Rouge: pastor

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

nPeace

Veteran Member
Who's Manson?
Right. Most people don't know much about the industry, or who writes and produces many of these artist's music. Manson
From here on out, you are on your own. This is all I'll give you.
monkeys.jpg

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Kanye does Christian gospel music well; it is nice he can do something useful, as before he was just getting in everyone's way.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder too, but in any case, we have a celebrity drawing thousands toward Christ. Somehow. Which is unusual.

It's not that unusual in the Bible Belt. A lot of Christians seem to think that they're operating in some heathen wasteland, as if they're the only ones in the world who has ever heard of Jesus Christ.

pearl

"I witnessed over 1,000 people respond to The Gospel by raising their hands to accept Jesus as their Lord & Savior!". Seems typical of Megachurch meetings.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If embracing something brings people some happiness or meaning to their lives, what's the problem?I'd say that about Islam, atheism, or Satanism as well.
I never said it was a problem, but OP implied that it's socially significant and that it would somehow affect Hollywood?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I wonder too, but in any case, we have a celebrity drawing thousands toward Christ. Somehow. Which is unusual.
Which Christ? Surely not Jesus Christ. If you disagree, perhaps you can explain how he is doing that. Unless you prefer I explain how he is not.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Based on experience, most likely a lot of the "converts" were Christians that wanted to renew their faith. People who have fallen of the path, so to speak. It happened a lot in our church back in the day. Very few were non-believers converting. Remember a lot of bolstering and exaggeration of healing claims as well.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Which Christ? Surely not Jesus Christ. If you disagree, perhaps you can explain how he is doing that. Unless you prefer I explain how he is not.

I have no idea how. Maybe you should explain how he's not. That might be helpful. Or amusing.