• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outrage as non-Native youth wearing #MAGA hats taunt and disrespect Native elder

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Who is also a Vietnam vet and performs ritual ceremonies for other Native American vets. Such as this one on the Lincoln memorial steps feet away from the I Have a Dream speech location on MLK weekend. Bullied by a dumb white kid in a MAGA hat.
So many metaphors for the current times.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Who is also a Vietnam vet and performs ritual ceremonies for other Native American vets. Such as this one on the Lincoln memorial steps feet away from the I Have a Dream speech location on MLK weekend. Bullied by a dumb white kid in a MAGA hat.

These kids have learned from the example that that has been set for them. If standards, class, respect, ethics, dignity, and decorum aren't important to Trump or his supporters (which includes these kids' parents), then why should they be important to them?

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
Screaming "build that wall" to a Native American? What?!?! That does not make any sense. They don't even think, they just see someone different, with a different skin color, a different culture and they turn into bullies.

Baladas

An Págánach
This is a disgrace! It makes me feel sick to my stomach.
Elder Phillips responds with so much dignity, patience, and integrity that it inspires me.

Duke_Leto

Screaming "build that wall" to a Native American? What?!?! That does not make any sense. They don't even think, they just see someone different, with a different skin color, a different culture and they turn into bullies.

They don’t have to scream. How they act is the greatest argument that Natives should have already built a wall to keep out Europeans.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Do you know the situation?

Cooky

Veteran Member
They don’t have to scream. How they act is the greatest argument that Natives should have already built a wall to keep out Europeans.

I think the kids may have screamed "build a wall" whether the natives were there or not. I think the natives were being loud, banging drums, and making noise to disrupt.

Cooky

Veteran Member

Is that what this was? A native ceremony? Why then were there so many people with Trump hats? I find it hard to believe.

Duke_Leto

Woah, hold on a second... What was the reason for the gathering? Were the native Americans disrupting some kind of rally by making loud noises?

What is the reason for the native Americans presence?

It was a protest possibly spurred by events such as North Dakota engaging in Native American voter suppression and the current government shutdown. The MAGA-hats disrupted the Natives’ rally, which, incidentally, was non-partisan. That you assume the Natives are at fault, and that you have to even question who was disrupting whom when it’s plain as sunlight is revealing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Woah, hold on a second... What was the reason for the gathering? Were the native Americans disrupting some kind of rally by making loud noises?

What is the reason for the native Americans presence?

I think the kids may have screamed "build a wall" whether the natives were there or not. I think the natives were being loud, banging drums, and making noise to disrupt.

Is that what this was? A native ceremony? Why then were there so many people with Trump hats? I find it hard to believe.

"Reeeeeeee! People wearing 'MAGA' hats can't be in the wrong! Must try to twist this around somehow, no matter how desperate or pathetic it looks!"

Cooky

Veteran Member
The idea that the people wearing “Trump” hats might possibly be there to disrupt the protest of the Natives doesn’t cross your mind?

No it's not true. These were Catholic kids participating in a March For Life rally.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The MAGA hats were students and chaperones from a visiting Kentucky catholic school for the March for life. The indigenous individuals were there performing as part of the adjacent indigenous March.