• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outrage as Nigeria sentences 13-year-old boy to 10 years prison for blasphemy

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes, because Christians in France and America kill free-thinkers who openly renounce their faith. o_O
Some would like to, especially the Christian loons we have in America, but are kept from doing that by the law (which they're constantly trying to change).

Cooky

Veteran Member
Yes it did, only it has not been called the dark ages for some time, the term is something of a misrepresentation of the reality of the mediaeval period.

There were no books during that time and no education. Seems pretty dark in that respect.

...The Muslims took all the books, and after a few generations, the people were stupid again.

Just look at their angry faces:
serfs-oxen-plow-manuscript-Luttrell-Psalter.jpg

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes, because Christians in France and America kill free-thinkers who openly renounce their faith. o_O

How many christians? 2.4 billion

How many christians in America, approximately 205 million, a percentage of whom are funnymentalist, armed and ready to kill. Check out the FBI statistics on who is most likely to kill you in America, christian or muslim.

And about 35 million christians in france.

Small numbers compared to the overall but still they both have funnymentalists and terrorists among their christian ranks

There are christian funnymentalists in just about every country and christian terrorists in some, including france and america

Don't forget Africa, christians are still burning witches there

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
With the onset of puberty, the individual becomes subject to shar‘i rulings that apply to him, so he should not shake hands with women or look at them, and he should not be alone with a woman, because he has now become accountable and the things that are prohibited for adult men are also prohibited for him, because he is one of them. It is not permissible to be careless about this matter, and it is essential to take it seriously. So you must refuse to go to the women’s prayer hall, and refuse to shake hands with non-mahram women or look at them, including your cousins, even if they object to you doing that, because there can be no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience towards the Creator.

As Hitchens used to say, it appears that anyone who commits to this religion has the desire to be a slave. Very sad, IMO.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There were no books during that time and no education. Seems pretty dark in that respect.

...The Muslims took all the books, and after a few generations, the people were stupid again.
Can you explain " There were no books during that time and no education. Seems pretty dark in that respect."

Question: if there were no books at that time and you say The Muslims took all the books"
how could muslims take all the books when there was non? That sound impossible to me

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Mistake according to you? Or to the teaching of Islam? :)
Thank you, I already suspected this to be the case. But I just wanted to hear you say it out loud. Thank you for the confirmation.

So, just to be abundantly clear

You are not willing to say "It is a wrong practice in Islam to kill people who blaspheme"
Hence you stick to your words "they just practice Islam more strict than others" (see your quote below)

And we all know that there is nothing wrong with being strict in a teaching
Being strict is seen as a virtue, it means one is consistent
And strict means that we can count on them
What they will do in a given situation

You are willing to say "I would not kill people who blaspheme"
That is a relieve, but of course that can change anytime
As you are not a strict believer of Islam, yet

Sharia law is an unwritten law, and some people do practice it to strict yes.

Cooky

Veteran Member
How many christians? 2.4 billion

How many christians in America, approximately 205 million, a percentage of whom are funnymentalist, armed and ready to kill. Check out the FBI statistics on who is most likely to kill you in America, christian or muslim.

And about 35 million christians in france.

Small numbers compared to the overall but still they both have funnymentalists and terrorists among their christian ranks

There are christian funnymentalists in just about every country and christian terrorists in some, including france and america

Don't forget Africa, christians are still burning witches there

It's a lack of education that makes people stupid. If people aren't reading books and thinking outside their trained ideologies, that's more likely the cause of what's happening in Nigeria with killing 13 y/olds than "time".

...There are stupid people in every religion and ideology. Even the science-minded, who lack a diversified education can become tools for idiocy.

This is why it's okay to criticize able people for not expanding their mind, including fundies in Islam and Christianity. And we should do it as much as possible.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thank you, I already suspected this to be the case. But I just wanted to hear you say it out loud. Thank you for the confirmation.

So, just to be abundantly clear

You are not willing to say "It is a wrong practice in Islam to kill people who blaspheme"
Hence you stick to your words "they just practice Islam more strict than others"

And we all know that there is nothing wrong with being strict in a teaching
Being strict is seen as a virtue, it means one is consistent
And strict means that we can count on them
What they will do in a given situation

You are willing to say "I would not kill people who blaspheme"
That is a relieve, but of course that can change anytime
As you are not a strict believer of Islam, yet
I have already said, it is wrong to kill other human beings, that is even the teaching of Islam.
Only in a war situation i would be ok to defend one self, one should never kill because some say something blasphemic toward our belief or about Muhammad or Allah.

Never kill others.

Clear enough my friend?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Evidence for your claim of no books or education.

The bible was certainly prolific and used as a teaching aid across Europe .

Just 2 years ago i was involved in an educational fair at a nearby chateau. There were educators from across Europe presenting demonstrations of education methods throughout the midieval period.

Universities began to spring up across Europe over 1000 years ago.

As I said, the term dark ages is a misrepresentation.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Can you explain " There were no books during that time and no education. Seems pretty dark in that respect."

Question: if there were no books at that time and you say The Muslims took all the books"
how could muslims take all the books when there was non? That sound impossible to me

It actually happened when the Muslims began seizing whole cities after the fall of Rome. The Muslims attacked cities and towns and ceized their libraries, which held all the books.

It wasn't until much later, that Christians began to take back their old cities, and got back those books that the Dark Ages ended.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
It actually happened when the Muslims began seizing whole cities after the fall of Rome. The Muslims attacked cities and towns and ceized their libraries, which held all the books.

It wasn't until much later, that Christians began to take back their old cities, and got back those books that the Dark Ages ended.
I agree that there was war between muslims and Christians at those times, but that is not the religions teachings fault, that was a human fault because of politics. In my opinion

Cooky

Veteran Member
I agree that there was war between muslims and Christians at those times, but that is not the religions teachings fault, that was a human fault because of politics. In my opinion

I don't know why these conquests existed...

firedragon

Veteran Member
As a woman who has been raped i kind of like that idea. Castrated from the neck sounds good

That shocked me to my core. You must be a strong enough individual in my opinion to have this level of confidence to say it.

Rape has been one of my most important subjects and focuses of my life. Rape is a worldwide pandemic and its growing, not decreasing. And the main problem is the law, medical system, and the support system. More importantly whats worse is the way parents bring up their girls.

Mothers telling girls to be "girlie", grow your hair, cover your hair, do this, do that, be a woman, be good to your husband, are all teachings that are not grooming the girl, it is grooming the guy. It is grooming the guy to think of women as objects. This is the fundamental reason for this sickness.

Rape is a symptom of psychological dysfunction. Yet, no one is giving any solution.

Sorry about my rant, I just got a little reminiscence.

Cheers.