• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outrage as Nigeria sentences 13-year-old boy to 10 years prison for blasphemy

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No i do not support those who kill others, i dont support muslims who kill, i do not support others who kill.
I do not support killing because of blasphemy, but i do support a mild form of sharia law but only for muslims. Sharia law are not meant to be used toward non muslims
But do you understand that writing "people who kill follow Islam too strict" is wrong English to convey the above message you gave?
It's the third time I explain this to you, but you keep writing it in this way. Is there a reason you do that?
Now again, you totally ignore the point I make, why you do so?

When something is WRONG then call it wrong. Do not, and I say again, do not say "they follow Islam too strict", but say "they follow Islam WRONG"

IF an Muslim extremist reads your words, and thinks "Aha Amanaki posted so many posts, so he must know", and then, being a strict Muslim, starts killing blasphemic people, then you are indirectly the cause, because you did not write it in correct English

On the other hand if you just write "Those Muslims who kill blasphemists act WRONG, and misinterpret the Koran" THEN we all know what you mean

It looks like you have issues telling things how they are, when something is WRONG in Koran (killing over blasphemy). IF you keep making this error THEN I keep warning you, because how you write it on RF is very dangerous, like I described above. You might get people killed.

Cooky

Veteran Member
And compare how long christianity had been around then to how long islam has been around now... Coincidence???

If you're somehow arguing that there is an incubation period for religions, then you need to back that up with facts.

Religions don't grow or go through stunted growth periods based on "time". o_O

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
But do you understand that writing "people who kill follow Islam too strict" is wrong English to convey the above message you gave?
It's the third time I explain this to you, but you keep writing it in this way. Is there a reason you do that?

When something is WRONG then call it wrong. Do not, and I say again, do not say "they follow Islam too strict", but say "they follow Islam WRONG"

IF an Muslim extremist reads your words, and thinks "Aha Amanaki posted so many posts, so he must know", and then, being a strict Muslim, starts killing blasphemic people, then you are indirectly the cause, because you did not write it in correct English

On the other hand if you just write "Those Muslims who kill blasphemists act WRONG, and misinterpret the Koran" THEN we all know what you mean

It looks like you have issues telling things how they are, when something is WRONG in Koran (killing over blasphemy). IF you keep making this error THEN I keep warning you, because how you write it on RF is very dangerous, like I described above. You might get people killed.
You really need to calm down. It's obvious that he meant "people who kill follow Islam too strictly".

stvdv

You really need to calm down. It's obvious that he meant "people who kill follow Islam too strictly".
Yes, that is what he says, but why keep writing it in a way, that some who like to follow strict Islam (and extremist like that), can use it strict?

IF there were no ISIS extremist who love to kill and have done so, I would not make such a big deal
But I find it essential that we do not create more confusion, esp. when it can lead to killing

Word is powerful. My Master taught me to use it wisely, and be sure to create no confusion
IF done innocently, without knowing, no problem. But if I explained it already 3 times, I wonder why not use correct words?

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

It would be better to speak what you believe instead of writing something that means "I agree with killing"

When something is WRONG then call it wrong. Do no, and I say again, do not say "they follow Islam too strict"
I can repeat my self.
I do not support killing of any person, no matter if the person has been blasphemic to Islam or not.
I do not support any killing at all religioues or not.

I said those who kill in the name of Islam is to extreme ( i might have used different words) but i do not support the way example ISIS have shown Islam. That is not Islam to me.

As i said in a few of the first messages after my convertion, i have found so much peace and good in Islam, that is words i still stand by.

I have no need or wish to attack those who dislike or disagree with islam teaching. But i have noticed that they use every aspect of Islam that they can twist to show islam as something evil. But they do not seem to recognize any of the very good teaching that Islam holds.

I realize why so few muslims chose to comment in RF or hide their religious view.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Yes, that is what he says, but why to keep writing it in a way, that some who like to follow strict Islam (and extremist like that), can use it strict?

IF there were no ISIS extremist who love to kill and have done so, I would not make such a big deal
But I find it essential that we do not create more confusion, esp. when it can lead to killing

Word is powerful. My Master taught me to use it wisely, and be sure to create no confusion
IF done innocently, without knowing, no problem. But if I explained it already 3 times, I wonder why not use correct words?
I understand what he's saying but not you. Ironic.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You have no proof that religions mature equally over similar time periods spanning hundreds to thousands of years.

Correct, and i never said otherwise, what i do have us a bloody amazing coincidence?

Cooky

Veteran Member
Correct, and i never said otherwise, what i do have us a bloody amazing coincidence?

The Dark Ages, also known as the Migration Period, lasted between the years 500 to 1000. It occured after the fall of the Roman Empire.

...If we're in the midst of an Islamic dark age, based on "time", then theirs should have ended roughly in the year 1600.

Last edited:

stvdv

I can repeat my self..
No need to repeat, if you write it correct from the start.

I never asked you to repeat, on the contrary, I asked you to stop repeating to write the same mistake

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Dark Ages, also known as the Migration Period, lasted between the years 500 to 1000. It occured after the fall of the Roman Empire.

...If we're in the midst of an Islamic dark age, based on "time", then theirs should have ended 500 years ago.

Yes it did, only it has not been called the dark ages for some time, the term is something of a misrepresentation of the reality of the mediaeval period.

However christianity was still murdering people in the 1600s and later. In fact it still is is some countries.