• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Out of Soul Experience

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
We've all heard of out of body experiences, but why not deeper? Is it possible to detach yourself from your soul?

If the soul is identified as the "you", even still this question applies. In such a case, I imagine out of soul experiences would be one with the universal soul, you remove yourself from your (illusory) individual soul and be aware of the interconnected universal soul.

As for now, this is just an idea to play around with. I don't have specifics for how it's done.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
You're going to have to define soul much more clearly than that for answers to be coherent.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
We've all heard of out of body experiences, but why not deeper? Is it possible to detach yourself from your soul?
Hehe. Most folks are pretty detached from any concept of soul as it is possible to get. This question strikes me as arising from a fundamental misunderstand of the nature of personality and being in general. For example, you can detach yourself from your foot, but would you really want to? That said, in my version of reality, each incarnation, wherever it takes place is very much a "detachment" from the whole. The detached has to be detached to gain the proper perspective of its environment.

If the soul is identified as the "you", even still this question applies. In such a case, I imagine out of soul experiences would be one with the universal soul, you remove yourself from your (illusory) individual soul and be aware of the interconnected universal soul.
Again, in my version of reality, the "soul" or more properly, the source self, is more the aggregate of all the selves you have ever been or will ever be. In those terms, you do transform your concept of self, as needed.

As for now, this is just an idea to play around with. I don't have specifics for how it's done.
We're all just fumbling about on these matters.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You're talking about expanded consciousness -- enlightenment, cosmic consciousness, samadhi, perennial philosophy, &al?

What's written on this could fill a library.

allfoak

Alchemist

there is body soul and spirit.
This says to me three births.
Physical, soul and spirit.

Born from our physical mothers womb into the womb of mother earth.
From there i presume (have not experienced it) is the entrance to the kingdom and the return to the Father.

500x500-2wexe5hl79vp6r7cemp14w.jpg

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
You're talking about expanded consciousness -- enlightenment, cosmic consciousness, samadhi, perennial philosophy, &al?

What's written on this could fill a library.
True that.

I can see why one would identify it with enlightenment or expanded consciousness, similarly to how I suggested universal soul. So do you agree that an out of soul experience would lead to an automatic enlightenment?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
True that.

I can see why one would identify it with enlightenment or expanded consciousness, similarly to how I suggested universal soul. So do you agree that an out of soul experience would lead to an automatic enlightenment?
Well, now we're going to have to decide on a definition of enlightenment -- not to mention soul.:rolleyes:

"Out of soul" is an odd expression. Could mean an expanded or augmented soul, a "blown out" soul, a merged or unified soul, a collapsed soul or an extinguished soul.

Is
there even a discrete "thing" called a soul? Does out limited perception cause us to misapprehend it, like blind men describing an elephant?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

I think that this is what would be considered "enlightenment", being connected with the universe on a fully aware level.