• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Reason For Being Here On Earth

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The issue of divine sovereignty is already settled. It was at the cross. The resurrection was the proof of it. The issue is settled, evil lost. I don't understand your statement " If intelligent life elsewhere did not rebel then there would be no reason to settle the rebellion sin issue here on earth ". All created beings have free will. Because most didn't fall in the past doesn't mean they won't make terrible choices in the future. That is why the full measure of disobedience is being played out on earth. All of the ugly, brutal, and painful results are an object lesson to the universe on exactly what happens with the abuse of free will. It is a lesson that will, in some form, be remembered forever.

If Adam had chosen to remain faithful we would Not have the sin issue to settle here on Earth.
If elsewhere there was a 'faithful' creation, then the issue would have already been settled.
Satan challenges all of us (Job 2:4-5) touch our ' flesh ' (Loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
If there was 'faithful' intelligent life elsewhere there would be No need to settle that challenge here on Earth.
Under adverse conditions both Jesus and Job proved Satan a liar and so can we answer that challenge.

I do see what you mean by already settled as far as God's Sovereignty because Daniel 2:44 shows that God's Kingdom government is the coming victor. By my saying 'coming victor' is because Daniel 2:44 is yet to take place.
The coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37 is yet future. At that time then the world will see who is the rightful Sovereign thus never again will anyone question God's right to govern.
Any comments about Ezekiel 38:23

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I wonder how many people believe or hope that there an actual reason for the existence of humanity.

I don't know how many, but what healthy person wants to pick the day they want to die ?
To me that shows the actual reason for our existence is to keep on living with forever in view.
After all, that was God's original purpose for Adam and Eve to live forever in perfect health on Earth.
So, apparently eternity is already in our hearts because for each day we can think of we can think of a next day.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't know how many, but what healthy person wants to pick the day they want to die ?

A rhetorical question, I assume?

To me that shows the actual reason for our existence is to keep on living with forever in view.

That is not a reason. A motivation, or more properly a craving, but not a reason in the causal sense.

After all, that was God's original purpose for Adam and Eve to live forever in perfect health on Earth.

According to Genesis, sure. But that does not tell us much about the reality of facts.

So, apparently eternity is already in our hearts because for each day we can think of we can think of a next day.

A nice way of saying that we have trouble accepting our mortality, that is for sure.

shmogie

If Adam had chosen to remain faithful we would Not have the sin issue to settle here on Earth.
If elsewhere there was a 'faithful' creation, then the issue would have already been settled.
Satan challenges all of us (Job 2:4-5) touch our ' flesh ' (Loose physical health) and we would Not serve God.
If there was 'faithful' intelligent life elsewhere there would be No need to settle that challenge here on Earth.
Under adverse conditions both Jesus and Job proved Satan a liar and so can we answer that challenge.

I do see what you mean by already settled as far as God's Sovereignty because Daniel 2:44 shows that God's Kingdom government is the coming victor. By my saying 'coming victor' is because Daniel 2:44 is yet to take place.
The coming ' time of separation ' on Earth of Matthew 25:31-33,37 is yet future. At that time then the world will see who is the rightful Sovereign thus never again will anyone question God's right to govern.
Any comments about Ezekiel 38:23
You seem to want to limit the matter to earth. That is not the case. Rebellion in part of the universe is rebellion to be resolved for the entire universe, all of creation. What may or may not have happened elsewhere is not relevant to the rebellion here. It is not just resolving the matter of sin, it is a matter of demonstrating to the universe God's love, his patience, his plan of salvation, and the hideous results of God given free will abused and used wrongly. Earth is an object lesson for the universe, a lesson once completely played out will ensure that evil will never arise again.

When Christ on the cross said "it is finished" he was addressing a number of issues, most important was that evil was completely DEFEATED. A 100% safe way of salvation was completed. Any who choose to can be assured of salvation, be beyond evil's reach. What he also meant was that the rebellion failed. It was confined to earth, and it is finished. There is a legal term called a "interlocutory decree" This means that the issue is settled, done, and complete. It can never be reopened. However, parts of it does not apply for a period of time. The decree was given at the cross and it will be fully applied soon. The enemy knows this and will become more viscious as the time draws near, and it is just about right on us now. Being a Trinitarian, it is clear that Gods sovereignty was fully established at the cross.

I will look at your OT scripture, thanks !

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
A rhetorical question, I assume?
That is not a reason. A motivation, or more properly a craving, but not a reason in the causal sense.
According to Genesis, sure. But that does not tell us much about the reality of facts.
A nice way of saying that we have trouble accepting our mortality, that is for sure.

I like how you say 'accepting our mortality' because that is exactly what we are: mortals.
Just as mortal Adam started from non-life, then to life, and returned back to non-life ( mortal ).
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before. Adam returned to dust.
The motivation or craving to continue living is connected to our purpose to make and keep Earth in a beautiful paradisical condition as the sample Garden of Eden was for Adam and Eve to expand its beauty earth wide.

We should have trouble accepting our mortality because it is Not natural for us to get ill and die.
Although mortals, we are offered everlasting life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Since we can't resurrect oneself or another is why Jesus comes into the picture to restore us back to life.
Only some to heavenly life, and the majority of mortal mankind restored back to physically healthy life on Earth in order to 'pick up', so to speak, where Adam and Eve left off.
Our reason for existence will be to enjoy life forever on Earth all to the praise and glory of our Creator. I find this will start at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37 when righteous mankind can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year reign over Earth when even enemy death will then be No more according to 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.