• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our president at his finest

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To suggest having Asperger's invalidates a person's thoughts and statements is beyond the pale, especially considering that many with Asperger's are extremely intelligent. It just goes to show that the very desperate and despicable go for the low blows, even against children.
Donald the Despicable, is how history shall recall him in the ages to come. Or Donald the Disgraceful. Certainly that one.

pearl

He needs to do some anger management and chill. Also, he's a bully. So ironic that Melania is working on an anti-bullying campaign. Wonder if there's a reason she can relate to the victims?

According to one of his biographies his father recognized the bully in him and sent him to military school. Unfortunately I don't think much attention is paid to Melania.

pearl

So, the question is "Will the real Donald J. Trump please stand up!".

Does anyone know the 'real' one?

According to Bergen, Trump was also shown a satellite image of the Korean peninsula at night, showing the lights of China and South Korea and the blackness of North Korea in between. Trump initially mistook the void for an ocean. When he was shown the bright lights of Seoul just 30 miles south of the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas, the president asked: “Why is Seoul so close to the North Korean border?”
Trump had been repeatedly told that US freedom of action against North Korea was constrained by the fact that the regime’s artillery could demolish the South Korean capital in retaliation for any attack, inflicting mass casualties on its population of 25 million.

“They have to move,” Trump said, according to Bergen, who adds that his officials were initially unsure if the president was joking. But Trump then repeated the line. “They have to move!”
Trump called for Seoul evacuation at height of North Korea tensions, new book says

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Does anyone know the 'real' one?

According to Bergen, Trump was also shown a satellite image of the Korean peninsula at night, showing the lights of China and South Korea and the blackness of North Korea in between. Trump initially mistook the void for an ocean. When he was shown the bright lights of Seoul just 30 miles south of the demilitarized zone separating the two Koreas, the president asked: “Why is Seoul so close to the North Korean border?”
Trump had been repeatedly told that US freedom of action against North Korea was constrained by the fact that the regime’s artillery could demolish the South Korean capital in retaliation for any attack, inflicting mass casualties on its population of 25 million.

“They have to move,” Trump said, according to Bergen, who adds that his officials were initially unsure if the president was joking. But Trump then repeated the line. “They have to move!”
Trump called for Seoul evacuation at height of North Korea tensions, new book says
Yes, I heard that the other day but, frankly, it comes as no surprise.

According to former representative Joe Scarborough (R-Fl), the military man who was one of the people who worked with Trump to try and prepare him for debating Hillary told Joe that three times Trump asked him that since we have nuclear weapons why aren't we using them? To me, that's even scarier yet.

shmogie

It has been considered. that's why he's being impeached.
Nah, just politics. The democrats vowed to impeach him the day he was inaugurated. They could not find a crime that he committed. What goes around, comes around. The next democrat president president needs to be impeached.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Nah, just politics. The democrats vowed to impeach him the day he was inaugurated. They could not find a crime that he committed.
Which suggests that they finally did find one, a crime that is.

What goes around, comes around. The next democrat president president needs to be impeached.
And if Trump gets off, the next democrat president can hire foreign agencies to investigate conservative candidates.

shmogie

Which suggests that they finally did find one, a crime that is.

And if Trump gets off, the next democrat president can hire foreign agencies to investigate conservative candidates.
Please, what crime did they find ? Abuse of power, and obstruction of congress, as far as I know, are not to be found in any criminal code, statute, penal code or any other statements of applicable law.

Why is that ?

The democrats said Trump committed bribery, blackmail, extortion, all real crimes by statute, where are they ?

Adam Schiff said for two years that he had overwhelming evidence that Trump co operated with the Russians to effect our elections, a real crime, where is it ? Schiff never presented this overwhelming evidence to anyone.

Well, there is no evidence that Trump hired anybody to spy on anybody.

The next democrat president could try and and get the FBI to spy on and disrupt the campaigns of Republicans, as Obama did.

Trump will not be removed from office, not a chance.

However, democrat Al Green said that he feared Trump would be re elected, and if so they would try and impeach him again.

Nancy Pelosi, let slip yesterday that the democrats had been working on impeachment for 2 1/2 years, yet the so called crime occurred only a few months ago.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Please, what crime did they find ? Abuse of power, and obstruction of congress, as far as I know, are not to be found in any criminal code, statute, penal code or any other statements of applicable law.
You said, "The democrats vowed to impeach him the day he was inaugurated. They could not find a crime that he committed."

Think about what the implication is to that statement.

shmogie

You said, "The democrats vowed to impeach him the day he was inaugurated. They could not find a crime that he committed."

Think about what the implication is to that statement.
The implication, based upon the facts, is that the democrats wanted to overturn the election of 2016.

They wasted time and effort for years on this, and ignored much of the work needed on behalf of the people.

pearl

Nah, just politics. The democrats vowed to impeach him the day he was inaugurated. They could not find a crime that he committed. What goes around, comes around. The next democrat president president needs to be impeached.

There is a reason why the framers ultimately agreed to include the impeachment clause in the Constitution. And Trump is the exemplar par excellence.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Now you understand liberal America's position. The Democrats have owed the Republicans an impeachment since the nineties and Bill Clinton. I posted the following recently on another thread, almost your words exactly mutatis mutandi:

"Who remembers Newt Gingrich's answer when asked why impeach Bill Clinton : "because we can"? And they did, in an extremely partisan way following an actual witch hunt in search of a crime that took them from Whitewater to Travelgate to Paula Jones and eventually to Monica Lewinski, where they finally found something to bring articles of impeachment.

"For me, that set the tone for how the Democrats should treat Republicans and the next Republican president that they could impeach. Even if they didn't have just cause, the Democrats owe the Republicans an impeachment just because they can.

"What comes 'round goes 'round
". https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/british-people-guess-how-much-us-healthcare-costs.227703/page-5#post-6427800 (bottom half)​

The Democrats should mpeach Trump because they can.

This is the legacy the Republicans have left America - a scorched earth, total destruction approach to politics. Forget forebearance. Forget fellow American. Forget loyal opposition. The opponents are to be viewed as enemy and neutralized as much as possible using any tactic thought effective. Do you recall McConnell announcing in Obama's first year that his goal was to make Obama a one-term president. And then they set off to obstruct every idea he had.

Why isn't is appropriate for the Democrats to do the same - to make Trump less than a one-term president if they can, and weigh him down with impeachment to obstruct his ability to accomplish his agenda? It's not the Democrat's agenda.

The implication, based upon the facts, is that the democrats wanted to overturn the election of 2016.

Why shouldn't they if they can?

They wasted time and effort for years on this, and ignored much of the work needed on behalf of the people.

I consider the time and effort well spent. This was the work needed on behalf of the people - the liberal ones anyway, and the Democrats have no more duty to the Republicans and conservative America than they have demonstrated for liberal America. There is no United States any more. It's the Hopelessly Divided and Mutually Contemptuous States of America now.

And that is the Republican legacy, too.

shmogie

Now you understand liberal America's position. The Democrats have owed the Republicans an impeachment since the nineties and Bill Clinton. I posted the following recently on another thread, almost your words exactly mutatis mutandi:

"Who remembers Newt Gingrich's answer when asked why impeach Bill Clinton : "because we can"? And they did, in an extremely partisan way following an actual witch hunt in search of a crime that took them from Whitewater to Travelgate to Paula Jones and eventually to Monica Lewinski, where they finally found something to bring articles of impeachment.

"For me, that set the tone for how the Democrats should treat Republican the next Republican president that they could impeach. Even if they didn't have just cause, the Democrats owe the Republicans an impeachment just because they can.

"What comes 'round goes 'round
". https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/british-people-guess-how-much-us-healthcare-costs.227703/page-5#post-6427800 (bottom half)​

This is the legacy the Republicans have left America - a scorched earth, total destruction approach to politics. Forget forebearance. Forget fellow American. Forget loyal opposition. The opponents are to be viewed as enemy and neutralized as much as possible using any tactic thought effective. Do you recall McConnell announcing in Obama's first year that his goal was to make Obama a one-term president. And then they set off to obstruct every idea he had.

Why isn't is appropriate for the Democrats to do the same - to make Trump less than a one-term president if they can, and weigh him down with impeachment to obstruct his ability to accomplish his agenda? It's not the Democrat's agenda.

Why shouldn't they if they can?

I consider the time and effort well spent. This was the work needed on behalf of the people - the liberal ones anyway, and the Democrats have no more duty to the Republicans and conservative America than they have demonstrated for liberal America. There is no United States any more. It's the Hopelessly Divided and Mutually Contemptuous States of America now.

And that is the Republican legacy, too.
Just as the impeachment of Clinton harmed the Republicans, this will only damage the democrats. At least Clinton committed an actual crime, perjury.

I think the division you speak of has existed for at least the last 30 years, you just weren't aware of it till it broke out into actual war.

Trump was the catalyst for that happening.

You thought all was well when liberals enacted a whole host of their policies, not by government process, but by using the courts as their advocates, in some cases overturning the will of he people.

You thought all was well when cities and states refused to follow the law because of liberal ideas.

You thought all was well when liberals never stopped in trying to eliminate rights granted under the second amendment, and the first amendment.

You thought all was well when liberals forced girls to accept boys in their shower rooms at school, or in some states mandated how people are supposed to speak.

You thought all was well because Conservatives didn't engage with the liberals as they gaudily went about their revolution, they quietly seethed, and refused to use the tactics of the liberals.

Trump changed this, and to quote the movie, gave Conservatives the will to say, "we are mad as hell and we aren't going to take it anymore".

Suddenly the liberals were faced with strong opposition, using their own tactics, to what they thought was their inherent right to destroy the nation as viewed by at least half the population.

The war now is fully engaged, the genie is out of the bottle and it won't be put back in.

When you thought all was well, the other half of the war existed, but the impetus to counterattack didn't exist. It does now. We
Conservatives knew that sooner or later we would have to step up, and we knew the liberals would despise us for it, that time has come.

Following the liberal script, you heap blame on on the Conservatives for having the temerity to challenge your cherished ideas and tactics.

Actually, the blame rests on all Americans. We are the ones who divided ourselves, ceased talking across our divides to find acceptable solutions to problems, acceptable to all sides.

We divided ourselves along ideological lines and used the brute force of political power to get what we want, and damn whoever might disagree with us.

It is the new reality, an attempted revolution and a counter revolution.

There are ways out of this, but a lot of metaphorical blood will have to be spilled first.

Until the likes of you can sit down with the likes of me and lose the rancor, and just talk about the issues and how we can solve them in a way acceptable to both, and lose the tribal loyalty, it ain't happening.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the division you speak of has existed for at least the last 30 years, you just weren't aware of it till it broke out into actual war.

Really? I think that I was way ahead of the curve. I saw that America was very sick during the Clinton years. By the early Bush years, we realized the direction America was going and didn't want to be a part of America's future. So, we reconfigured, moved retirement up about 25 years, and expatriated to a happier place.

Trump changed this, and to quote the movie, gave Conservatives the will to say, "we are mad as hell and we aren't going to take it anymore".

That's the angry America that we choose not to be a part of any more.

As I read these RF threads, I see America becoming meaner. I just saw a thread on the abuse of the mentally ill in emergency rooms, a thread on rising anti-semitism, and a thread on Trump cyber-bullying a teen girl with the conservatives taking Trump's side.

America is the country of my birth and my first 55 years on this planet. I was once proud of it, and loved it.

Today, I don't recognize it any more. It has drifted so far from my values that I no longer respect it or support it. It left us, and then we left it. Let America's conservatives be as angry as they like. I prefer something different. In this country, the citizens don't hate one another, they aren't angry, they aren't shooting up schools and kosher delis, and they haven't weaponized religion - more like the America of my youth.

The war now is fully engaged, the genie is out of the bottle and it won't be put back in.

Yes. Now we agree. This problem isn't going away. It will just become worse.

Until the likes of you can sit down with the likes of me and lose the rancor, and just talk about the issues and how we can solve them in a way acceptable to both, and lose the tribal loyalty, it ain't happening.

Agreed again.There will be no rapprochement. Plan your life accordingly. Good luck.