• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our positive emotions are the only light to our lives

The Transcended Omniverse

Brief Description Of My Theory: This is a world changing theory that would enlighten and awaken humanity to their positive emotions which are the only light to our lives and artistic endeavors. I am fed up with my inner light (positive emotions) being thrown out and dismissed as something trivial. It is time I spoke my mind to the point where my arguments are plausible. I think I have finally achieved that goal.

This theory of mine is to be preached to the world since, like I said, I am fed up and it is time I spoke my mind. Also, I have recovered from a 10 year hellish struggle. It was the most miserable struggle of my life induced by obsessive negative thoughts and emotionally traumatic life events. This theory is my own personal insight gained from this struggle and now it is time I shared it.

It is an established fact that our emotions are everything to our lives. Without emotions, then nothing could matter to us. We could have thoughts of things mattering to us, but nothing would actually matter to us. We would lose our empathy and humanity without emotions. We can't have empathy without emotions. Thoughts (value judgments) themselves allow us to perceive good and bad value.

But it is our emotions that allow us to experience the good and bad value to make our lives matter to us in good or bad ways. From here, this is where my theory comes in and makes itself quite obvious. Our positive emotions are the light to our lives (can only make our lives matter to us in good ways) while our negative emotions are the darkness to our lives (can only make our lives matter to us in bad ways). To say that negative emotions can make our lives matter to us in good ways or that our positive emotions can make our lives matter to us in bad ways would, again, make no sense.

This is so obvious and I can't understand why others are unable to see this. This means that all the famous and genius miserable composers and artists who did not have their positive emotions or, at least, had a very small degree of them, had little to nothing in their lives. Their artistic endeavors were nothing but darkness regardless of what they believed otherwise. Therefore, our negative emotions are no way to live or be an artist and neither is having no emotions at all any way to live or be an artist.

It can only be our positive emotions that can truly make our lives beautiful and worth living. As for our value judgments (emotional viewpoints), we still need them as vital tools to make wise decisions even if we did not feel the associated emotion to make such wise decisions matter to us.

Since our positive emotions allow us to experience the good qualities of life while our negative emotions allow us to experience the bad qualities of life, then our positive emotions are literally a force of goodness flowing through us while our negative emotions are literally a force of badness flowing through us. It's, in a way, no different than a positive or negative charge. So, according to my theory, good and bad are actual properties (i.e. forces). I guess, in a way, you could consider our emotions to be the good and bad "charges" as opposed to just positive or negative charges.

A positive emotion cannot allow you to experience the bad qualities of life and neither can a negative emotion allow you to experience the good qualities of life since this would be no different than saying that a positive charge can be a negative charge or that a negative charge can be a positive one. This makes no sense. Therefore, all famous artists and composers who have used their depression and misery as an inspiration for their art weren't living any sort of good life at all.

They did not have the force of light (i.e. goodness) flowing through them. In a purely naturalistic universe, it would be the force of goodness. But in a spiritual universe, it would be the light of god. Again, that light would be our positive emotions. I am undecided when it comes to the existence of god, the paranormal, and the afterlife. This means that I am considering both possibilities here. Our positive emotions could simply be the force of goodness we need in a purely naturalistic universe or they could be the light of god in a spiritual universe.

Now, I wish to be a composer. This means that I must fully recover from any emotional trauma and misery in my life before I can finally embrace and celebrate the good qualities of my life and composing. Without the light in my life, then my life can only be darkness or just simply blank (neither light nor dark). It's no way to live or be an artist. Our positive emotions are the only things that can make our lives worth living in a good way.

Lastly, my theory obviously hasn't been well known in the past. If it has, then we would not have so many people and artists to this very day thinking that negative emotions can make our lives and artistic endeavors truly beautiful and good. This theory, if true, could change the world and help find cures and create a utopia life for us all so that people and artists can live the lives they were truly meant to live. As for the types of experiments we can perform to discover evidence for my theory if there really is evidence for it, I do not know. I am not good when it comes to ideas for experiments.

I do not have that much money and I cannot afford any research team or equipment anyway. So, I am empty handed. Hopefully though, this will not just be a matter of my own personal truth and revelation. I hope that, someday, my theory gets put to the test. At this point, it would just be a theory in the sense of it being an idea. It is not yet a scientific theory. Scientific theories such as Einstein's theory of relativity have empirical evidence to support them. But if my theory were true, then a scientific definition of good and bad would become a reality.

Other Person's Response: Emotions are not the crux of humanity. There is, in fact, much evidence that contradicts your theory.

My Reply: You say that emotions are not the crux of humanity, but I am just not so sure on this. I had a discussion with someone who, in fact, said they were absolutely necessary. He was a highly intelligent skeptic. If you wish to read what he has to say, then refer to my full packet. As a matter of fact, many highly intelligent people think like him and they also claim to have much evidence on their side as well.

So, maybe this whole issue is controversial rather than a definite conclusion that you are making it out to be or I am making it out to be. What it all comes down to here is, can a person experience the good and bad qualities of life without his/her emotions? Remember, thinking that you are in a state of joy, beauty, or suffering does not make it so since there is a big difference between what you think as opposed to if you really are experiencing joy, beauty, and suffering.

That example all goes back to what I explained in regards to emotions. Emotions allow us to experience these qualities while our value judgments alone in the absence of our emotions do not. They only allow us to perceive, but not experience these qualities. Experiencing would be that literal force of light (sheer goodness) or force of darkness (sheer badness) which were metaphorical descriptions I have ascribed to our emotions.

Therefore, if you want your life to be something good or bad in the absence of your emotions, then you need the force of light or darkness through your mindset and outlook alone. If it can't be there, which my theory says it can't, then your life will amount to nothing. These experienced values are what I call the consciousness based values in my other packets.

Other Person's Response: I think you can define your own positive emotions.

My Reply: There is a big difference between personal definitions and qualities. Just because you define your own happiness does not mean that it is actually there. That does not somehow magically make a real quality of happiness appear for you. I think our positive emotions can only be those biochemical induced euphoric states. It's no different than if there was an empty glass and you defined a quality of water to be inside that glass. That would not make a quality of water appear inside that glass. The only way to have real water inside that glass would be if you poured water inside it just as how the only real way to have happiness (positive emotions) is through your euphoric states.

Other Person's Response: Not necessarily. a belief alone can induce an emotional state. if one were to pull a prank on another that they won the lottery, if the victim believes it to be true, the happy (euphoric) state would still be real, even if the truth is they didn't win the lottery.

My Reply: I am talking about a situation where you had no emotions whatsoever and you could not induce any emotional state no matter what you did. Defining a positive emotion (happiness) to be there when there isn't would not magically put you in a state of happiness in this given scenario.

Other Person's Response: You are a troll who is only trying to insult others and make them feel their lives are worthless without their positive emotions.

My Reply: This simply isn't true. Again, you are mistaken. My intention was not to troll, but to share and express this theory I am convinced of.

Other Person's Response:
This is so obvious and I can't understand why others are unable to see this

In my experience, if you come across something like that, it's generally because sharper minds than yours have already considered it, and discarded it, because you haven't really thought it through.

My Reply: You say that these sharper minds know it is a fact that our negative emotions can, in fact, allow us to experience the good qualities of life (make our live matter to us in good ways). I'm sorry, but this still doesn't make any sense to me and it's still not clear to me. That all goes back to what I said earlier in regards to how a positive charge can't be a negative one and how a negative charge can't be a positive one.

Last edited:

LukeS

Peace. Its a bit simplistic though I only skim read it. Yes emotions equate with value, but for me they're 'posits' (or evaluations regarded as true but subject to update), or parts of a learning process, where we over time try to evolve equilibrium happiness or life wisdom.

So a child's happiness as it jumps off a wall (only to twist an ankle) is not the same as it is later on when it is happy to have learned not to be so rash.

You seem to say positive emotions are great, that's it. Where as in life happiness is part of a process of rational learning in a complicated and changing environment. So todays happiness and todays causes of happiness, may not be the same tomorrow.

I like this paper:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mmv/papers/01ijcai-mike.pdf

This paper investigates the problem of policy learning

in multiagent environments using the stochastic

game framework, which we briefly overview. We

introduce two properties as desirable for a learning

agent when in the presence of other learning agents,

namely rationality and convergence. We examine

existing reinforcement learning algorithms according

to these two properties and notice that they fail

to simultaneously meet both criteria. We then contribute

a new learning algorithm,WoLF policy hillclimbing,

that is based on a simple principle: “learn

quickly while losing, slowly while winning.” The

algorithm is proven to be rational and we present

empirical results for a number of stochastic games

showing the algorithm converges.

David T

Premium Member
Brief Description Of My Theory: This is a world changing theory that would enlighten and awaken humanity to their positive emotions which are the only light to our lives and artistic endeavors. I am fed up with my inner light (positive emotions) being thrown out and dismissed as something trivial. It is time I spoke my mind to the point where my arguments are plausible. I think I have finally achieved that goal.

This theory of mine is to be preached to the world since, like I said, I am fed up and it is time I spoke my mind. Also, I have recovered from a 10 year hellish struggle. It was the most miserable struggle of my life induced by obsessive negative thoughts and emotionally traumatic life events. This theory is my own personal insight gained from this struggle and now it is time I shared it.

It is an established fact that our emotions are everything to our lives. Without emotions, then nothing could matter to us. We could have thoughts of things mattering to us, but nothing would actually matter to us. We would lose our empathy and humanity without emotions. We can't have empathy without emotions. Thoughts (value judgments) themselves allow us to perceive good and bad value.

But it is our emotions that allow us to experience the good and bad value to make our lives matter to us in good or bad ways. From here, this is where my theory comes in and makes itself quite obvious. Our positive emotions are the light to our lives (can only make our lives matter to us in good ways) while our negative emotions are the darkness to our lives (can only make our lives matter to us in bad ways). To say that negative emotions can make our lives matter to us in good ways or that our positive emotions can make our lives matter to us in bad ways would, again, make no sense.

This is so obvious and I can't understand why others are unable to see this. This means that all the famous and genius miserable composers and artists who did not have their positive emotions or, at least, had a very small degree of them, had little to nothing in their lives. Their artistic endeavors were nothing but darkness regardless of what they believed otherwise. Therefore, our negative emotions are no way to live or be an artist and neither is having no emotions at all any way to live or be an artist.

It can only be our positive emotions that can truly make our lives beautiful and worth living. As for our value judgments (emotional viewpoints), we still need them as vital tools to make wise decisions even if we did not feel the associated emotion to make such wise decisions matter to us.

Since our positive emotions allow us to experience the good qualities of life while our negative emotions allow us to experience the bad qualities of life, then our positive emotions are literally a force of goodness flowing through us while our negative emotions are literally a force of badness flowing through us. It's, in a way, no different than a positive or negative charge. So, according to my theory, good and bad are actual properties (i.e. forces). I guess, in a way, you could consider our emotions to be the good and bad "charges" as opposed to just positive or negative charges.

A positive emotion cannot allow you to experience the bad qualities of life and neither can a negative emotion allow you to experience the good qualities of life since this would be no different than saying that a positive charge can be a negative charge or that a negative charge can be a positive one. This makes no sense. Therefore, all famous artists and composers who have used their depression and misery as an inspiration for their art weren't living any sort of good life at all.

They did not have the force of light (i.e. goodness) flowing through them. In a purely naturalistic universe, it would be the force of goodness. But in a spiritual universe, it would be the light of god. Again, that light would be our positive emotions. I am undecided when it comes to the existence of god, the paranormal, and the afterlife. This means that I am considering both possibilities here. Our positive emotions could simply be the force of goodness we need in a purely naturalistic universe or they could be the light of god in a spiritual universe.

Now, I wish to be a composer. This means that I must fully recover from any emotional trauma and misery in my life before I can finally embrace and celebrate the good qualities of my life and composing. Without the light in my life, then my life can only be darkness or just simply blank (neither light nor dark). It's no way to live or be an artist. Our positive emotions are the only things that can make our lives worth living in a good way.

Lastly, my theory obviously hasn't been well known in the past. If it has, then we would not have so many people and artists to this very day thinking that negative emotions can make our lives and artistic endeavors truly beautiful and good. This theory, if true, could change the world and help find cures and create a utopia life for us all so that people and artists can live the lives they were truly meant to live. As for the types of experiments we can perform to discover evidence for my theory if there really is evidence for it, I do not know. I am not good when it comes to ideas for experiments.

I do not have that much money and I cannot afford any research team or equipment anyway. So, I am empty handed. Hopefully though, this will not just be a matter of my own personal truth and revelation. I hope that, someday, my theory gets put to the test. At this point, it would just be a theory in the sense of it being an idea. It is not yet a scientific theory. Scientific theories such as Einstein's theory of relativity have empirical evidence to support them. But if my theory were true, then a scientific definition of good and bad would become a reality.

Other Person's Response: Emotions are not the crux of humanity. There is, in fact, much evidence that contradicts your theory.

My Reply: You say that emotions are not the crux of humanity, but I am just not so sure on this. I had a discussion with someone who, in fact, said they were absolutely necessary. He was a highly intelligent skeptic. If you wish to read what he has to say, then refer to my full packet. As a matter of fact, many highly intelligent people think like him and they also claim to have much evidence on their side as well.

So, maybe this whole issue is controversial rather than a definite conclusion that you are making it out to be or I am making it out to be. What it all comes down to here is, can a person experience the good and bad qualities of life without his/her emotions? Remember, thinking that you are in a state of joy, beauty, or suffering does not make it so since there is a big difference between what you think as opposed to if you really are experiencing joy, beauty, and suffering.

That example all goes back to what I explained in regards to emotions. Emotions allow us to experience these qualities while our value judgments alone in the absence of our emotions do not. They only allow us to perceive, but not experience these qualities. Experiencing would be that literal force of light (sheer goodness) or force of darkness (sheer badness) which were metaphorical descriptions I have ascribed to our emotions.

Therefore, if you want your life to be something good or bad in the absence of your emotions, then you need the force of light or darkness through your mindset and outlook alone. If it can't be there, which my theory says it can't, then your life will amount to nothing. These experienced values are what I call the consciousness based values in my other packets.

Other Person's Response: I think you can define your own positive emotions.

My Reply: There is a big difference between personal definitions and qualities. Just because you define your own happiness does not mean that it is actually there. That does not somehow magically make a real quality of happiness appear for you. I think our positive emotions can only be those biochemical induced euphoric states. It's no different than if there was an empty glass and you defined a quality of water to be inside that glass. That would not make a quality of water appear inside that glass. The only way to have real water inside that glass would be if you poured water inside it just as how the only real way to have happiness (positive emotions) is through your euphoric states.

Other Person's Response: Not necessarily. a belief alone can induce an emotional state. if one were to pull a prank on another that they won the lottery, if the victim believes it to be true, the happy (euphoric) state would still be real, even if the truth is they didn't win the lottery.

My Reply: I am talking about a situation where you had no emotions whatsoever and you could not induce any emotional state no matter what you did. Defining a positive emotion (happiness) to be there when there isn't would not magically put you in a state of happiness in this given scenario.

Other Person's Response: You are a troll who is only trying to insult others and make them feel their lives are worthless without their positive emotions.

My Reply: This simply isn't true. Again, you are mistaken. My intention was not to troll, but to share and express this theory I am convinced of.

Other Person's Response:

In my experience, if you come across something like that, it's generally because sharper minds than yours have already considered it, and discarded it, because you haven't really thought it through.

My Reply: You say that these sharper minds know it is a fact that our negative emotions can, in fact, allow us to experience the good qualities of life (make our live matter to us in good ways). I'm sorry, but this still doesn't make any sense to me and it's still not clear to me. That all goes back to what I said earlier in regards to how a positive charge can't be a negative one and how a negative charge can't be a positive one.
certainly joel osteen is on board with this nonsense.

The Transcended Omniverse

certainly joel osteen is on board with this nonsense.

It's not nonsense. Perhaps the way I've presented it was incoherent and would, therefore, appear to be nonsense. Here, let me present a more clear and effective version of it. They are just brief descriptions:

Brief Description Of My Theory (1st Description): Positive emotions make our lives matter to us in good ways, negative emotions make our lives matter to us in bad ways, while having no emotions at all would render our lives not mattering to us at all. When something matters to you in a good or bad way, these are actually emotional states rather than outlooks or mindsets (i.e. thought states). Our positive emotions are like a sacred life force of goodness that can only make things matter to us in good ways while our negative emotions are like a horrible and dark life force of badness that can only make things matter to us in bad ways.

When you see the good or bad value in your life, then that is an emotional state, according to my new definition of good and bad that my theory advocates. As you can see here, what I have done here is I have switched it over from what is commonly believed to make things matter to us and to allow us to see the good and bad value in our lives (i.e. our value judgments which would be our thoughts and outlooks) to our emotions.

This is world changing because there were many miserable and depressed genius artists in the past who thought that their misery and depression made their lives and artistic endeavors matter to them in good and beautiful ways. To this day, many artists still believe this and there are many other people who believe this lie as well. By revealing the truth of my theory, it would change the world and it would reveal to us that the only way to live and be an artist is through our positive emotions.

We as a human race would be awakened to the emotional definition of good and bad. The current definition of good and bad we live by, which is a value judgment version (a version we define through our judgments which would be our thoughts), this version is outdated and false. But we still need our value judgments, nonetheless, as vital tools to make wise decisions and to avoid harm for us and others. Lastly, this theory of mine is actually a life issue I have been having as I have been wanting to be a composer myself. But my composing endeavor is rendered completely empty and devoid of all goodness and beauty without my positive emotions.

One last thing here. Any advice that anyone gives me to try to make my life something good and beautiful such as saying that there were many genius artists who have been inspired by their misery and despair is simply not going to work. It is a wasted, futile effort. I am firmly convinced of my worldview/theory and now it is time to reveal the type of nonsense that such advice really is. I am not trying to be mean or anything to nice and kind people who give me advice and suggestions. All I'm saying here is that it is all nonsense. I have already struggled for 10 years with the worst misery and my life has never, in one single moment, been anything good or beautiful while in these miserable states.

Brief Description Of My Theory (2nd Description):
This is a world changing theory that would enlighten and awaken humanity to their positive emotions which are the only light to our lives and artistic endeavors. I am fed up with my inner light (positive emotions) being thrown out and dismissed as something trivial. It is time I spoke my mind to the point where my arguments are plausible. I think I have finally achieved that goal.

This theory of mine is to be preached to the world since, like I said, I am fed up and it is time I spoke my mind. I wish to prove how I am right so that others can finally understand me and sympathize with me rather than dismissing me and my needs. People have told me that the whole idea of my positive emotions being the inner light I need in my life was pure nonsense and not true.

Therefore, by preaching this theory, I would be returning the favor and proving to everyone how they are wrong and how our positive emotions truly are the only light to our lives and artistic endeavors. All the horrible misery in my life would also be dismissed as nothing more than a state of mind and a matter of me judging it as something horrible when it never was. Denying the light and darkness in my life really gets to me and angers me. That is why I wish to preach this theory.

I know what my positive emotions are like for me and I know what my misery and hopelessness is like for me. They truly are states of goodness, beauty, joy, and hell. My positive emotions truly are profoundly beautiful states of mind for me and are everything in my life. Also, I have recovered from a 10 year hellish struggle. It was the most miserable struggle of my life induced by obsessive negative thoughts and emotionally traumatic life events. This worldview/theory is my own personal insight gained from this struggle and now it is time I shared it. I've been a hedonist my whole entire life (i.e. someone who lives to feel happiness and enjoyment from nature, hobbies, etc.).

But it is through this struggle that I have learned just how vital and precious our positive emotions really are. Lastly, when I say things such as that depressed people's lives can't be anything good and worth living without their positive emotions, then I don't mean that they can't contribute something good to the world. I simply mean that they can't experience anything good to make their lives matter to them in good ways. This is what I also mean in general when I say things such as the good life or things being beautiful in one's life. One more thing. If you deem my theory as a joke or something insulting, then you have no idea who I am or what I've been through.

Last edited: